Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will be interesting to see the attendance at WT v WMM this week. After the bitt whoopin at T our fans can get fickle quick.
    ]

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
      Week 3 attendance:

WT @ Tarleton -- 10,691
      UTPB @ MSU -- 8,432
      ENMU @ Commerce --7,968
      ASU @ Hogs -- 3,000
      UCW @ WNM -- 392
      CWU, you heathen.

Comment

There were definitely some CWU fans there, because I could hear their cowbells. WNMU actually had some good people calling the game. The video alternated between good and 2 frames per second.

Comment

you forgot the 1,138 out in the parking lot smoking crack.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Scanners were not working at a couple of gates in Commerce this week.
            what did they go on strike? i mean the scanners are only hired for like 6 hours per year. did they go on a hunger strike or something? lol the bung hole crap you guys come up with around here is genius.

Comment

Does the live mascot count? If that's the case we had 3001. But I doubt we had 3000 to see that train wreck.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

what did they go on strike? i mean the scanners are only hired for like 6 hours per year. did they go on a hunger strike or something? lol the bung hole crap you guys come up with around here is genius.
                They told me the scanners were not working. They were at the gate checking tickets. Im assuming a technical problem, but thanks, hows things being stoned as bejeezus?

Comment

"our count was wrong because our scanners took the day off"

lol

priceless

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

CWU, you heathen.
                    Forgive me. I feel so low.

Comment

Forgive me. I feel so low.
                      The MIAA guys used to do the same thing, because Central Missouri goes by UCM, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

you forgot the 1,138 out in the parking lot smoking crack.
                        I was at the CWU-WNMU game and there were more than 392 people there. I am not sure about the crack smokers in the parking lot but they could smoke a good brisket! Many people stayed in the parking lot rather than purchasing a ticket because they could eat, drink and watch the game without going in from their lawn chairs. Great people and they made us feel welcome.

Comment

"3,000 at TAMUK is beyond sad. That matchup at one time filled up the stadium with fans from both schools. It time to burn the whole darn thing down and start over AGAIN! I thought the Calloway days were bad and this just might rival or exceed that brief period."
                          I agree. When I was a student at Texas A&M University-Kingsville, the stadium would get very crowded (and it's a big stadium by Division II standards). The student stands (on the west side of Javelina Stadium) were routinely packed. The general admission/visitors section (east side of stadium) would fill up too. The student population has increased rapidly since I finished grad-school at the university (about a decade ago). Unfortunately, the most recent seasons rarely see a full stadium even on the student side. I suppose that this is the side effect of losing records season after season. As for counting methodology: I volunteered for UIL competitions at Javelina Stadium and the Steinke Center (SPEC) a few times. I was always assigned at one entrance with one of those mechanical tally counters. Once we were finished, I reported the number and gave the tally counter to the person (an A&M-Kingsville professor) who was supervising me. I was instructed to count people entering through my section -- but not officials, concession workers or volunteers. I'm not sure if it's the same method used for NCAA Division II football though. Come to think of it, I wonder if there is a standard for any sporting events. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I go to quite a few Giants, 49ers, Athletics, Raiders and Stanford football games every year. During most games, the official attendance is announced. I know the seating capacity for these stadiums. However, the official attendance is sometimes very different from what my eyes tell me. The announcements at Oracle Park (where the Giants play) is probably accurate. I suspect that Levi's Stadium must count tickets purchased rather than how many are actually in the stadium. However, official announced attendance for the Oakland A's leaves me shaking my head. I usually buy my tickets via StubHub and can score some great seats behind the dugout for a good price. However, this is because the Coliseum is huge and few people actually show up to non-marquee or non-weekend games. As a student, I traveled to watch the Javelinas play against another team. There weren't many of us; yet, we weren't greatly outnumbered by the home fans. It made me appreciate the fan base and atmosphere at Javelina Stadium while I was a student there.

Comment

Week 4 attendance:

WNM @ WT -- 7,514
                            Commerce @ Pueblo -- 6,921
                            Tarleton @ UTPB -- 4,707
                            Hogs @ ENMU -- 3,142
                            MSU @ Angelo -- 3,053

Comment

Week 4 attendance:

WNM @ WT -- 7,514
                              Commerce @ Pueblo -- 6,921
                              Tarleton @ UTPB -- 4,707
                              Hogs @ ENMU -- 3,142
                              MSU @ Angelo -- 3,053
                              Why does attendance at Angelo suck?

I can understand 3000 down here watching our train wreck/ caca show of a program. But the flea and tick infested sheep are playing some good football right now.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

Why does attendance at Angelo suck?

I can understand 3000 down here watching our train wreck/ caca show of a program. But the flea and tick infested sheep are playing some good football right now.
                                Because half their enrollment is dual credit kids / Graduate Students. Then when you factor in commuters as well, there's not a huge contingent that have a real connection to the University.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X