Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSC Attendance

I am curious about attendance all over the D2 world. Last year I did an RMAC attendance thread, in which I listed the attendance of every game played in an RMAC stadium every week and I also listed all RMAC teams ranked based on home attendance, updated weekly. I am wondering if anyone here wants to do a LSC attendance thread? The attendance is almost always listed in boxscores posted online on teams' athletic websites. I will check back here to see if anyone does this. If anyone would like an idea of how this might look, you can check out last year's RMAC attendance thread which I started and updated weekly.

??????https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...tendance/page4

Comment

The problem is: ZERO ACCURACY in #'s published by universities.

IF every university used a universal system with universal rules to accurately document their attendance, then MAYBE it would be an interesting tidbit. BUT they do not, therefore its BS.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
        I am curious about attendance all over the D2 world. Last year I did an RMAC attendance thread, in which I listed the attendance of every game played in an RMAC stadium every week and I also listed all RMAC teams ranked based on home attendance, updated weekly. I am wondering if anyone here wants to do a LSC attendance thread? The attendance is almost always listed in boxscores posted online on teams' athletic websites. I will check back here to see if anyone does this. If anyone would like an idea of how this might look, you can check out last year's RMAC attendance thread which I started and updated weekly.

??????https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...tendance/page4
        We have had it on a weekly basis, but I don't believe it has been accumulated through the year. Shouldn't be hard to add.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
          The problem is: ZERO ACCURACY in #'s published by universities.

IF every university used a universal system with universal rules to accurately document their attendance, then MAYBE it would be an interesting tidbit. BUT they do not, therefore its BS.
          Although I acknowledge that some information might be inaccurate (sometimes even purposely), I don't really agree with you here. I have checked random box scores from various conferences, and I usually find interesting stuff. I have seen common listed attendance figures from a few hundred to a several thousand with a few outliers in each direction. I have no reason to believe that the majority of schools purposely report false information.

Comment

Although I acknowledge that some information might be inaccurate (sometimes even purposely), I don't really agree with you here. I have checked random box scores from various conferences, and I usually find interesting stuff. I have seen common listed attendance figures from a few hundred to a several thousand with a few outliers in each direction. I have no reason to believe that the majority of schools purposely report false information.

Comment

Comment

BINGO!

Comment

VERY amusing post.

i have land sale down near Swampville, LA.....interested?

Comment

That's unfortunate.... If you are there, you should be counted. Of course, a reliable system would have to be devised and implemented to count attendees that don't use an actual ticket to enter the gates. And if a non-paying student does need a ticket, its unfortunate if they are not counted.

Comment

I would just count the ones that go with the purpose of watching/enjoying a football game, that are not part of some other function (such as the band or anything else). No need to make this any more difficult than it is. Why would schools overstate attendance? You think an ESPN or local tv deal is in the works if some school averages 7,000 folks a game?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

VERY amusing post.

i have land sale down near Swampville, LA.....interested?
                        Well I find stuff like this interesting. You can disagree all you want, and choose not be interested. I have no qualms with that.

Comment

I would just count the ones that go with the purpose of watching/enjoying a football game, that are not part of some other function (such as the band or anything else). No need to make this any more difficult than it is. Why would schools overstate attendance? You think an ESPN or local tv deal is in the works if some school averages 7,000 folks a game?
                          If actual attendance was given, there would be way fewer schools with athletics programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

If actual attendance was given, there would be way fewer schools with athletics programs.
                            This is just an inane conclusion. Attendance is always reported for basketball, too. Many RMAC schools have very dreadful attendance, and it is always reported. Many games with 300-400 in attendance at some schools. But, their basketball programs carry on with never a mention of them possibly ceasing operations.

Comment

Well I find stuff like this interesting. You can disagree all you want, and choose not be interested. I have no qualms with that.
                              Well that's swell Beaver........but you still didn't answer my question....ARE you interested in that land??

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X