Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texcap View Post

Again, as has been pointed out, you don't know if they are reporting butts in seats or paid attendance, or a combination of the two with an extra 2.500 thrown in there.

I know that MSU (not picking on them because a lot of schools do the same thing, as you pointed out for Tarleton) also will report around 8,000 to 9,000 for most of their games, but if you look at the stadium, which seats 16,000, evenly split on each side, you will see 300 or so on the "visitor" side and good attendance (around 60% to 70%) on the "home" side. That would make actual people in attendance around 6,000 or so, which is still good, but no where near what they report.

Comment

Tarleton had 10,691 in attendance at the WT game! At least 2,000-3,000 of those were very well disguised as empty seats.

Comment

Originally posted by gruesome View Post
        Tarleton had 10,691 in attendance at the WT game! At least 2,000-3,000 of those were very well disguised as empty seats.

Comment

You guys need to look at the NCAA D2 protocol, Chapter XIV, Section 4, paragraphs 3 and 4 for counting attendance and then you'll know how Tarleton sold out. Here's how it goes:

- Count all fans in the stands
          - Count all players on the field
          - Count all coaches
          - Count all trainers
          - Count all dorky looking people walking the sidelines
          - Take the total from all of these, then multiply by a factor of 1.821. This accounts for all people in the press box, all the people waiting in line at concessions, the concession workers, the ticket takers, and the military people that do the colors, plus all people hitting the head or taking a dump, and all the people that are in the parking lot taking a hit.

That's your number.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
            You guys need to look at the NCAA D2 protocol, Chapter XIV, Section 4, paragraphs 3 and 4 for counting attendance and then you'll know how Tarleton sold out. Here's how it goes:

- Count all coaches
            - Count all trainers
            - Take the total from all of these, then multiply by a factor of 1.821. This accounts for all people in the press box, all the people waiting in line at concessions, the concession workers, the ticket takers, and the military people that do the colors, plus all people hitting the head or taking a dump, and all the people that are in the parking lot taking a hit.

That's your number.
            Hahahahaha. Sounds about right......

That PROVES once and for all the scientific accuracy of attendance numbers!

Comment

- Count all coaches
              - Count all trainers

That's your number.
              I'm pretty sure Casual Observer tracks a spreadsheet for the Regional Rankings. I'm sure he can build one for attendance too.

Comment

Week 3 attendance:

WT @ Tarleton -- 10,691
                UTPB @ MSU -- 8,432
                ENMU @ Commerce --7,968
                ASU @ Hogs -- 3,000
                UCW @ WNM -- 392

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
                  Week 3 attendance:

WT @ Tarleton -- 10,691
                  UTPB @ MSU -- 8,432
                  ENMU @ Commerce --7,968
                  ASU @ Hogs -- 3,000
                  UCW @ WNM -- 392
                  3,000 at TAMUK is beyond sad. That matchup at one time filled up the stadium with fans from both schools.

It time to burn the whole darn thing down and start over AGAIN! I thought the Calloway days were bad and this just might rival or exceed that brief period.

Comment

Last edited by twolfbenchwarmer; 09-22-2019, 08:17 PM.

Comment

- Count all coaches
                      - Count all trainers

That's your number.
                      Hahaha, you win the day sir!

Comment

https://theflashtoday.com/2019/09/22...setting-crowd/

Man people just wanna hate on a good thing. If you can't beat em'... bash em'

Comment

I have to say based on the crowds I have seen at Commerce, they must undercount. I think you need to do the following things:

1. Have a gate or entrance for each category:

1. Students (Scan Student ID)
                          2. Reserved Fans/Box Seats (Scan Tickets)
                          3. GA Fans (Scan Tickets)
                          4. Band Members (Have a band GA take a roll call and report it to the SID)
                          5. Press Members: (Have them sign a log at the press box)

Don't count coaches or Stadium Workers (Concessions, Trash Clean Up etc)

Comment

Originally posted by TheLionWire View Post
                            I have to say based on the crowds I have seen at Commerce, they must undercount. I think you need to do the following things:

1. Have a gate or entrance for each category:

1. Students (Scan Student ID)
                            2. Reserved Fans/Box Seats (Scan Tickets)
                            3. GA Fans (Scan Tickets)
                            4. Band Members (Have a band GA take a roll call and report it to the SID)
                            5. Press Members: (Have them sign a log at the press box)

Don't count coaches or Stadium Workers (Concessions, Trash Clean Up etc)

The last couple of games I went to there it seemed like the crowd was larger than reported. I also remember going to a Tarleton Homecoming some years ago before the destruction began and there was hardly a place to be found to sit and yet they reported a crowd size was much lower than what I thought was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

The last couple of games I went to there it seemed like the crowd was larger than reported. I also remember going to a Tarleton Homecoming some years ago before the destruction began and there was hardly a place to be found to sit and yet they reported a crowd size was much lower than what I thought was there.
                              Scanners were not working at a couple of gates in Commerce this week.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Scanners were not working at a couple of gates in Commerce this week.
                                That would make sense. The student attendance has been really good this year so far.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X