Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zombie8myBrainz View Post
    You know I remember the Greyhounds getting zero respect, I'm glad that we're not so easily dismissed by those who know football with any modicum of competence, but we still haven't been recognized as one of the "big boys". Hell even when we tied for conference champs people called it a fluke of the scheduling system. And getting left out of the big dance the year we went 8-2 felt like a huge slap in the face, but last year we didn't do much to show we were contenders. It be nice to gather some accolades this year, i.e. knock some ranked teams off their high horses. We've done it before (WT I'm looking at you), but while there are those who may think rankings mean nothing (and yeah sometimes they don't), I think our 3 currently nationally ranked conference teams are very deserving of the distinction. If Greyhounds do win, I just want people to recognize the program as good, rather than just dismiss Commerce as not being as good as people thought. That kind of backhanded dismissal is always frustrating for me.
    Well, you guys have always had respect from me. You guys run a solid program out there and are always in contention to be at the top of the conference. The offense you guys run is fun to watch and if you guys get 1-2 scores ahead of a team, that team is toast.

On the flip side, you guys get behind 1-2 scores against a high octane offense its hard to catch up so it can be a double edged sword at times.

That being said, I win agains Eastern is always a good quality win. Good tough kids, good offense, and good fans.

Nothing but props coming from this side of Texas.

Comment

You know I remember the Greyhounds getting zero respect, I'm glad that we're not so easily dismissed by those who know football with any modicum of competence, but we still haven't been recognized as one of the "big boys". Hell even when we tied for conference champs people called it a fluke of the scheduling system. And getting left out of the big dance the year we went 8-2 felt like a huge slap in the face, but last year we didn't do much to show we were contenders. It be nice to gather some accolades this year, i.e. knock some ranked teams off their high horses. We've done it before (WT I'm looking at you), but while there are those who may think rankings mean nothing (and yeah sometimes they don't), I think our 3 currently nationally ranked conference teams are very deserving of the distinction. If Greyhounds do win, I just want people to recognize the program as good, rather than just dismiss Commerce as not being as good as people thought. That kind of backhanded dismissal is always frustrating for me.
      I watched most of the game against Mesa and I say your biggest issue will be an undersized Dline. They will get run over by a big physical line and don't get enough pressure consistently to get to the QB to disrupt a good passing game. Luckily your offense is structured to chew up clock and grind games out. I think the offense is gonna be tough to stop this year. A lot of multi year starters playing at skill positions

I think WT is going to have some of the same issues on D this year.

Comment

Comment

They having trouble selling tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by spidermac View Post

We average between 7,000 - 8,000 per in an 11,000 seat house.

Comment

Originally posted by spidermac View Post

Comment

I picked TAMUC, but the cocky tone of this thread almost has me thinking ENMU is gonna pull an upset*.

*Did I hit my head too hard?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                  I picked TAMUC, but the cocky tone of this thread almost has me thinking ENMU is gonna pull an upset*.

Wayyyyy too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLionWire View Post

Well, you guys have always had respect from me. You guys run a solid program out there and are always in contention to be at the top of the conference. The offense you guys run is fun to watch and if you guys get 1-2 scores ahead of a team, that team is toast.

On the flip side, you guys get behind 1-2 scores against a high octane offense its hard to catch up so it can be a double edged sword at times.

That being said, I win agains Eastern is always a good quality win. Good tough kids, good offense, and good fans.

Nothing but props coming from this side of Texas.

Read on the Game Notes where Lees teams are 11-0 when leading at half and 14-0 when taking a lead into the 4th quarter so if the Hounds can find a way to get out in front it seams they have a decent shot against anyone they play as the offense really allows them to dictate the tempo.

Comment

Other than some nice individual play from the Lions against WOU, I saw nothing that would make me strongly argue against your thoughts other than the Hounds blew a 20 point lead last week.

Comment

If I can get my "tasks" done in time tomorrow, I think I am heading to Commerce to watch this one up close and personal like.

Comment

Comment

If I can get my "tasks" done in time tomorrow, I think I am heading to Commerce to watch this one up close and personal like.
                            If you head out this way tomorrow and are so inclined PM me on here and I'll buy you some legit tacos before the game.

Comment

Comment

Its yours.....i hereby designate you the source of all life's problems.

On a serious note, Eastern is a small school with a small alumni base, while funding has increased, we have a long way to go to get it up to 36.
                                I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X