• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TSU VS Azusa Pacific

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
    No doubt, Texans will be in N.C. game.

And .. it will be a HOME game for them.
    Maybe against VSU.
    I'd certainly be rooting for the LSC to be represented in McKinney, but whomever comes out of TAMUC vs. Tarleton Part II is going to have to get past Mankato or Pueblo, neither of whom are exactly pushovers (though, I certainly didn't expect Pueblo to lock down Colorado Mines' offense as efficiently as they did today; stout defense has always been a hallmark of CSU-Pueblo, and today was no exception).
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

A few quick takeaways from today's game:

1. Tarleton's offensive line absolutely dominated in the trenches. Between clearing enough space to open up large holes for the running game to pick up some chunk plays and giving the QB quite a bit of time to throw, it was as dominating a performance as I've seen from any O line in my time of covering and watching D2 football.
      2. Tarleton's WRs made a few impressive combat catches, including a couple in or near the end zone.
      3. Azusa Pacific looked rattled on D, as I noted at least three or four offsides calls throughout the game (most of those were declined due to Tarleton TDs).
      4. Tarleton dodged a few bullets from the officials including a potential targeting call which was waved off after discussion (it appeared as though the Tarleton player was pulling up and the APU receiver collided, but the flag was initially thrown regardless) and a roughing the passer call which was offset because of an intentional grounding penalty.
      5. I wonder what the reaction to this game would be up in Wichita Falls. No disrespect to APU, but they were outmatched from the opening drive.

It's too bad that I have to work this Saturday, because TAMUC-Tarleton Part II sounds like it's going to be a heck of a game.

Comment

Tarleton did have three starting offensive linemen injuried in the game. From what I could see, two of them are ok. We will see what happens next week.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
          I'd certainly be rooting for the LSC to be represented in McKinney, but whomever comes out of TAMUC vs. Tarleton Part II is going to have to get past Mankato or Pueblo, neither of whom are exactly pushovers (though, I certainly didn't expect Pueblo to lock down Colorado Mines' offense as efficiently as they did today; stout defense has always been a hallmark of CSU-Pueblo, and today was no exception).
          No more pushovers. Every game is going to be a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
            You can't rule out NW Missouri this time of year either. They seem to peak in late November. Grand Valley was only able to score 10 offensive points against them today.

Comment

I would love to see the selection committee speak about the choice to pick Azusa of Midwestern.

Azusa Pacific 0
              Tarleton State 58

Not trying to talk trash but when mistakes are made everyone needs to own up to it.. In this case the selection committee really got this one wrong ! But will they speak about it.......... probably not.

Good Luck to the future of the GNAC football.

Comment

Originally posted by AmaKnight View Post
                I would love to see the selection committee speak about the choice to pick Azusa of Midwestern.

Azusa Pacific 0
                Tarleton State 58

Not trying to talk trash but when mistakes are made everyone needs to own up to it.. In this case the selection committee really got this one wrong ! But will they speak about it.......... probably not.

Midwestern got screwed by the NCAA.

Comment

Azusa Pacific 0
                  Tarleton State 58

Heck, I'm sure you're still waiting for them to admit they shouldn't have let Angelo in to get smacked 52-14 back in the day.

Man, bunch of liberal whiners over here lately. Participation ribbons will be sent out to everyone, please allow 2-4 weeks delivery time.
                  Last edited by Turbonium; 11-17-2018, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                    Heck, I'm sure you're still waiting for them to admit they shouldn't have let Angelo in to get smacked 52-14 back in the day.

Man, bunch of liberal whiners over here lately. Participation ribbons will be sent out to everyone, please allow 2-4 weeks delivery time.
                    For wanting the best 7 in each region? APU had a good season, but they shouldn't have been in the playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                      You can't rule out NW Missouri this time of year either. They seem to peak in late November. Grand Valley was only able to score 10 offensive points against them today.
                      I wasn't. I was focusing on SR4 and pointing out the tough road for either Commerce or Tarleton.

Comment

Azusa Pacific 0
                        Tarleton State 58

Comment

I am assuming earned access still comes into play which is why azusa got in. Regarding the angelo wise crack they won a road playoff game in Michigan before getting blown out by Pueblo so that comparison really doesn't fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                            I am assuming earned access still comes into play which is why azusa got in. Regarding the angelo wise crack they won a road playoff game in Michigan before getting blown out by Pueblo so that comparison really doesn't fly.
                            GNAC doesn't qualify for EA. I know they did, just figured every team that's gotten blown out clearly doesn't belong. The committee has informed me of good news though, participation ribbons were available on Amazon Prime so it should just be 2 days before everyone gets theirs. Hang in there all!

Comment

Back in the day.. when ? what conferences were in the region ? what was the regional final standings ? I'm assuming you brought that up because you believed one of the other RMAC schools should have got it. Probably the only reason you jumped in the LSC forum and brought it up lol..

Do they overnight the ribbons ?

Comment

Answered my own questions..

Angelo state entered as the final 6th seed in the region beating the 3rd seed Michigan Tech in the first round. (You left that part out)
                                Next round they got "smacked" by CSU pueblo that national championship winners

Im guessing you might be upset Chadron didn't get that 6th seed that year ? If so make sure you save a ribbon for yourself ;-)

Just Joking have a wonderful Sunday

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X