Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 stadiums you have been to watch your team play

I've been to every stadium in the conference including the old north teams with the exception of Commerce, of the current members I haven't been to WT new stadium but will make it next year UTPB and Western are the only other ones I haven't been to, out of conference I've been to Pueblo.

I absolutely loved the atmosphere in Kingsville, WT, Pueblo(beer garden) and Angelo.
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Favorite place was ENM Blackwater Draw at night, before the arseholes tore it down. #2 Superior Dome, mainly because we watched it come a friggin flood outside. Plan to make Simon Frasier and WNM next year

Kingsville
    Commerce
    TSU
    Kimbrough
    Black Water Draw
    MSU TX
    UTPB
    Superior Dome (N Mich)
    Western Oregon
    Chadron
    UCO

ASU games Not In D2 now
    SHSU
    SFA
    SWTSU
    ACU Shotwell
    Mc Murry

ASU games vs D1
    UTEP Sun Bowl
    New MexicoSt

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
      Favorite place was ENM Blackwater Draw at night, before the arseholes tore it down. #2 Superior Dome, mainly because we watched it come a friggin flood outside. Plan to make Simon Frasier and WNM next year

Kingsville
      Commerce
      TSU
      Kimbrough
      Black Water Draw
      MSU TX
      UTPB
      Superior Dome (N Mich)
      Western Oregon
      Chadron
      UCO

ASU games Not In D2 now
      SHSU
      SFA
      SWTSU
      ACU Shotwell
      Mc Murry

ASU games vs D1
      UTEP Sun Bowl
      New MexicoSt
      Blackwater draw was unique in its location, it was like a shrine to football in the middle of nowhere.
      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Comment

I haven't been to many opposing schools' stadiums. However, I keep waiting for an LSC team to visit the west coast. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. There aren't any schools nearby. Our nearest schools are in Southern California and Oregon. I'd try to make a trip to Azusa Pacific or Western Oregon if an LSC team visits.

Comment

With the LSC-GNAC scheduling agreement there will always be one or two a year out there in Oregon and Azusa.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
              With the LSC-GNAC scheduling agreement there will always be one or two a year out there in Oregon and Azusa.
              Wow -- how did I miss this?

https://lonestarconference.org/news/...-alliance.aspx

I will try to make it to the Javelinas game at Western Oregon. That West Texas game at Azusa Pacific looks like fun too.

:fingers-crossed:

Comment

CWU (Ellensburg, WA) is more scenic than WOU (Monmouth, OR) I'd say. Of the LSC stadiums, I've been to the previous WTAM one.

Comment

Comment

Favorite on campus stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by Mattportman View Post

Favorite on campus stadium?
                      Oh man....I'll have to break this one out.

Favorite Press Box - Central Oklahoma. This was years ago when it was new, but it was great. Very nice, tons of room, replay TV's in the booth, etc.

Favorite Stadium - Grand Valley, although WT new one looks great, I'll be there this weekend to compare.

Favorite Atmosphere - Texas A&M-Kingsville back in the day, not anymore. This year was depressing. Honestly Commerce has possibly the best gameday atmospheres the last few years.

Favorite Scenery from stadium - Central Washington. Snow covered mountains in the distance and gorgeous trees around stadium. Also the scene of my favorite TAMC game ever.

Favorite Overall - Grand Valley. Love the stadium, it's perfect for a big D2 program. Great atmosphere. Great scenery. Loved it.
                      Last edited by LionFan; 10-29-2019, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Meh, grand valley sucked. We lost and I drove 16 hours straight home on Thanksgiving weekend after the game. Lol. I ate bad taco bell for my Thanksgiving dinner that year, in some town in northern Illinois.we did have marginally above average pizza on Friday night though.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                          Meh, grand valley sucked. We lost and I drove 16 hours straight home on Thanksgiving weekend after the game. Lol. I ate bad taco bell for my Thanksgiving dinner that year, in some town in northern Illinois.we did have marginally above average pizza on Friday night though.
                          Meh??????? You are NUTS. You just lost a credibility point or two.

I agree with LionFan

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Meh??????? You are NUTS. You just lost a credibility point or two.

I agree with LionFan
                            That was an attempt at humor. Its an impressive stadium. Looking forward to Canyon this weekend.

Comment

Anybody been to Pitt St? I've heard their gameday atmosphere is hard to match.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X