• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    Correction:
    Lady Buff open practice on Oct. 23 rd. 1-3 pm
    Meet and greet after practice.

Comment

• No, I do not. Next time I see Coach Prock I'll ask.
      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

No, I do not. Next time I see Coach Prock I'll ask.
        Thank you sir.

Comment

• Coach said it was on the schedule when he took the job. My guess is the AD set that game up

Comment

Coach said it was on the schedule when he took the job. My guess is the AD set that game up
            Ok thank you sir.

Comment

• FYI - Lady Buffs Scrimmage Frank Phillips Oct. 21 st, 1:30 - 3:30 at the FUB
              Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 10-13-2021, 03:52 PM.

Comment

FYI - Lady Buffs Scrimmage Frank Phillips Oct. 21 st, 1:30 - 3:30 at the FUB
                Went to the scrimmage yesterday. The most notable change is that the offense is much freer-flowing and not as structured. Multiple sets on the defensive end. Wt is bigger with a good overall size.
                The front line will be 6'2" - 6'2" - 6'0". WT will have something we haven't had in several years, an impact point guard. She will be the best PG in the LSC. The offense will be much more balanced.
                Starting line-up appears to be set expect for the 2 guard spot. No injuries at this time, Lewis is recovering from offseason leg surgery. Just a matter of conditioning. We appear to be 9 or 10 deep with no drop-off in playing level. The girls are very upbeat with a lot of smiling faces, This was not always the case before. Unless Angelo or Commerce have players I am not aware of, It will be Wt and LCU at the top of the conference.

Comment

Went to the scrimmage yesterday. The most notable change is that the offense is much freer-flowing and not as structured. Multiple sets on the defensive end. Wt is bigger with good overall size.
                  The front line will be 6'2" - 6'2" - 6'0". WT will have something we haven't had in several years, an impact point guard. She will be the best PG in the LSC. The offense will be much more balanced.
                  Starting line-up appears to be set except for the 2 guard spot. No injuries at this time, Lewis is recovering from offseason leg surgery. Just a matter of conditioning. We appear to be 9 or 10 deep with no drop-off in playing level. The girls are very upbeat with a lot of smiling faces, This was not always the case before. Unless Angelo or Commerce have players I am not aware of, It will be Wt and LCU at the top of the conference.
                  I had to open my mouth - Sienna Lenz - out for the year, torn ACL. Most likely starting 2 guard.
                  Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 10-24-2021, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Friends, Wt could go 0-3 the opening weekend and have a good team. A brief recap of the visiting teams from 2021:

Dury - National Runner up to LCU (Everyone Returning)
                    Central Missouri - Final Four (Everyone Returning)
                    SWOSU - Sweet 16 finished 2nd in our Region to LCU (Added two sisters that are D1 transfers)

WT - Did not qualify for the regional tournament, lost last 6 games.
                    Lost one of the best players in D2 in the portal to TT
                    New Coach, New system, New players

IMHO, Wt will start the season in a learning mode and should start playing good basketball around Thanksgiving.
                    The conference play will start on Dec. 31 st. with UAFS. WT plays LCU on December 7th in Lubbock and Feb. 10th in Canyon. (conference game)
                    Wt should be one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the region. I look for at least a Sweet 16 year.

Preseason conference Coaches poll is out - Wt is ranked 3rd.

BTW - the men's team is better than last year and currently ranked 3rd. in the nation.
                    Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 10-27-2021, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Friends, Wt could go 0-3 the opening weekend and have a good team. A brief recap of the visiting teams from 2021:

Dury - National Runner up to LCU (Everyone Returning)
                      Central Missouri - Final Four (Everyone Returning)
                      SWOSU - Sweet 16 finished 2nd in our Region to LCU (Added two sisters that are D1 transfers)

WT - Did not qualify for the regional tournament, lost last 6 games.
                      Lost one of the best players in D2 in the portal to TT
                      New Coach, New system, New players

IMHO, Wt will start the season in a learning mode and should start playing good basketball around Thanksgiving.
                      The conference play will start on Dec. 31 st. with UAFS. WT plays LCU on December 7th in Lubbock and Feb. 10th in Canyon. (conference game)
                      Wt should be one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the region. I look for at least a Sweet 16 year.

Preseason conference Coaches poll is out - Wt is ranked 3rd.

BTW - the men's team is better than last year and currently ranked 3rd. in the nation.
                      WT goes 1-2 the opening weekend, losing to #2 Dury, #6 Central Missouri, and defeating #16 SWOSU.
                      Wt improved every game. As I type this they are headed to Waco to play Baylor in an exhibition game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X