As I said in the previous post...
    x
    School Region D2 SOS Road .500 Region Non-Con
    Minnesota State 11-0 11-0 .509 6-0 6-0 0-0
    Tarleton State 8-0 9-0 .508 5-0 4-0 0-0
    Mines 11-0 11-0 .492 6-0 5-0 1-0

x
    It appears to be as simple as that.
    So, let me ask, what the table looked like for the 7th position between Angelo State and USF, and any other 8-3 teams. (I left out WTAMU and Winonia because Angelo State and USF have head to had wins over each of them.)

With that being said, I have no qualms with Angelo State not being included. They knew what was needed the last two games and were not able to get that done. But I am curious about if the criteria was followed for all places.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

So, let me ask, what the table looked like for the 7th position between Angelo State and USF, and any other 8-3 teams. (I left out WTAMU and Winonia because Angelo State and USF have head to had wins over each of them.)

With that being said, I have no qualms with Angelo State not being included. They knew what was needed the last two games and were not able to get that done. But I am curious about if the criteria was followed for all places.
      Be glad to...
      x
      School Region D2 SOS Road .500
      Angelo State 8-3 8-3 .508 3-2 2-3
      Bemidji State 8-3 8-3 .482 5-1 3-3
      Dixie State 8-3 8-3 .493 4-1 2-3
      Minnesota Duluth 8-3 8-3 .470 4-2 3-2
      Sioux Falls 8-3 8-3 .509 5-1 3-3
      West Texas 7-3 8-3 .492 4-1 2-3
      Winona State 8-3 8-3 .539 4-2 3-3

x
      I included Winona State and West Texas because head-to-head only comes into play when teams are right beside each other. Therefore, I thought it was important to include them in this exercise. I also put them in alphabetical order so that anyone could put them in whatever order they wanted without my influence.

Comment

Comment

Well the criteria are stupid. I have written it many times and put it in a podcast. I understand the frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Well the criteria are stupid. I have written it many times and put it in a podcast. I understand the frustration.

Comment

No "yeah, buts" from me. I was just curious.

Comment

Be glad to...
                x

x
                I included Winona State and West Texas because head-to-head only comes into play when teams are right beside each other. Therefore, I thought it was important to include them in this exercise. I also put them in alphabetical order so that anyone could put them in whatever order they wanted without my influence.
                There is no way to determine SOS in an insulated conference period. It is like stating you have the whole picture when you only have a part of the puzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

There is no way to determine SOS in an insulated conference period. It is like stating you have the whole picture when you only have a part of the puzzle.
                  But you think you can do so with conferences like the RMAC that can only play 1 OOC game? That now gives the whole picture because Pueblo played Commerce and Mines played Azusa but no way can we determine how good Mankato is? Seems like a strange argument.

There is obviously a way to determine it as we have numbers for everyone's SOS.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

No "yeah, buts" from me. I was just curious.

Comment

Agreed. It's not really SOS, it's OWP.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

But you think you can do so with conferences like the RMAC that can only play 1 OOC game? That now gives the whole picture because Pueblo played Commerce and Mines played Azusa but no way can we determine how good Mankato is? Seems like a strange argument.

There is obviously a way to determine it as we have numbers for everyone's SOS.
                        Nope. Wrong. Without h2h there is no way.

Comment

Okay, so how do we have that with anyone else? Again, you're satisfied with the SOS, or as Brandon states - OWP, of Mines because we have the incredible singular piece of data with them having played Azusa?

Comment

Be glad to...
                            x

x
                            And Central Washington comes in at .443 SOS, last of all the three-loss teams.

I do have to wonder what would've happened if Angelo State's SOS had been better than Sioux Falls's. Would Winona State have been in?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Okay, so how do we have that with anyone else? Again, you're satisfied with the SOS, or as Brandon states - OWP, of Mines because we have the incredible singular piece of data with them having played Azusa?
                              There is no SOS for any Minn School and you have no idea how good they are or arent because you have absolutely nothing to compare them to. Why allow two team withs 3 losses into playoffs from one conference with no statistical data across the region? Absolutely grab bag picks nothing more nothing less.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X