Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AmaKnight
    replied
    I wonder was is a coincidence that Tarleton State chose not the schedule anyone in the top of the conference standings from this year
    Tarleton 8-0 1.000 11-1 0.917 L1 5-1 6-0 0-0
    Texas A&M-Commerce 7-1 0.875 10-3 0.769 L1 4-0 6-3 0-0
    Angelo State 5-3 0.625 8-3 0.727 L2 5-1 3-2 0-0
    West Texas A&M 5-3 0.625 8-3 0.727 W2 4-2 4-1 0-0
    Eastern New Mexico 4-4 0.500 8-4 0.667 W3 3-2 4-2 1-0
    Midwestern State 3-5 0.375 5-6 0.455 L1 3-1 2-5 0-0
    UT Permian Basin 2-6 0.250 4-7 0.364 W1 4-2 0-5 0-0
    Texas A&M-Kingsville 1-7 0.125 2-9 0.182 L2 1-6 1-3 0-0
    Western New Mexico 1-7 0.125 2-10 0.167 W1 1-4 1-6 0-0
    maybe it was just how the schedule lined up or maybe it was because they didn't want to take the L

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

I saw on Twitter that Tarleton was playing at South Dakota State on Nov 14th. I had the former SDSU schedule, and they were going to host Dixie State that day. Now SDSU has changed their schedule to Tarleton, but Dixie's still said they were playing at SDSU that day. I wonder what happened?
    I notice Dixie State doen't have the Nov 28 game at Tarleton listed on their site. I'm guessing it replaced SDSU for them.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    I saw on Twitter that Tarleton was playing at South Dakota State on Nov 14th. I had the former SDSU schedule, and they were going to host Dixie State that day. Now SDSU has changed their schedule to Tarleton, but Dixie's still said they were playing at SDSU that day. I wonder what happened?

Leave a comment:

• JakeTAMUC
    replied
    Related: https://www.texasfootball.com/articl...i-d6ymthmgoahU

Leave a comment:

• TexanFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TarletonStateTexan View Post
    Looks like Tarleton State, despite making the move to D1 in 2020, will still be facing off with quite a few LSC and other D2 opponents in the upcoming season. I haven't seen this publicly posted anywhere but assume it's "official":

9/05 @Sam Houston State
    9/12 @Murray State
    9/19 vs. UT-Permian Basin
    9/26 @Kennesaw State
    10/03 vs. Eastern N.M.
    10/10 OPEN
    10/17 vs. A&M-Kingsville (Homecoming)
    10/24 vs. Midwestern State
    10/31 vs. Western Oregon
    11/07 vs. Missouri State
    11/14 @South Dakota State
    11/21 OPEN
    11/28 vs. Dixie State

Only public posting of schedule I've seen is here, and it doesn't entirely match games listed above:
    https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/tarleton-state/

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    Doesnt Tarleton have their own message board now?
    Time to move on!!

Leave a comment:

• WT_ALUM08
    replied
    Doesnt Tarleton have their own message board now?

Leave a comment:

• TexanFan
    replied
    Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    where are all the Big Money payoff road games?
    Hopefully a year or two down the road as we build up talent and depth. My understanding is TCU is scheduled for 2021 and aTm in 2025.

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    where are all the Big Money payoff road games?

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    Tarleton will definitely have to eat crap sandwiches for the next few years during transition. This was ACU's 2013 football schedule their first transition year in FCS football.

Concordia College, Alabama
    McMurry University
    New Mexico Highlands
    Illinois State
    Tarleton
    Pitt State
    Houston Baptist
    Incarnate Word (twice)
    New Mexico State
    Prairie View A&M

Leave a comment:

• LionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TexanFan View Post

If you dig around a little, I saw something saying we are paying most if not all of the D2 schools $25,000 to play us. We did some kind of switch with Dixie and S.D. State so we are getting $200,000 to play S.D. Therefore it looks like the season may be a wash moneywise.
    ah ok, makes sense. One of those open dates should be filled fairly soon, if what I've heard is correct.

Leave a comment:

• TexanFan
    replied
    Originally posted by LionFan View Post
    Curious if Tarleton is having to pay all these D2 schools to play them like a normal FCS game? Could be a crazy-expensive season
    If you dig around a little, I saw something saying we are paying most if not all of the D2 schools $25,000 to play us. We did some kind of switch with Dixie and S.D. State so we are getting $200,000 to play S.D. Therefore it looks like the season may be a wash moneywise.

Leave a comment:

• LionFan
    replied
    Curious if Tarleton is having to pay all these D2 schools to play them like a normal FCS game? Could be a crazy-expensive season

Leave a comment:

• TexanFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gruesome
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post
    What have Texan fans heard about a long range plan for the WAC as far as football goes? There is Tarleton and there is Dixie so you would need four more schools (I think that the FCS minimum for a conference is six). Any rumors blowing around in the wind?
    Tons of speculation and rumors in one of the other threads.. Couldn't find it at first glance, but maybe someone can link to it. Apparently the Big 12, PAC 12, and Big 10 are disbanding and everyone is joining the WAC along with TSU and Dixie... Something like that.

Edit: Here's the thread: https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...arleton-to-wac.. You'll have to do some digging, but there's lots of speculation in there.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X