Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tarleton new Field house and Scholarship info?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TSU Sports View Post
    The football coaches have already moved out of the field house and they have started to gut the building. Trees have already been removed for the expansion. It should be done by the start of the 2020 season.
    TSU Sports do you know if the field house will have a weight room attached or what amenities will it have? like team meeting room, individual position meeting rooms, academic room, players lounge ext.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

The NCAA states that 85 players can receive the equivalent of 63 scholarships in AID. With a max of 30 new players a year. Of course players can take loans, but any AID outside of loans counts toward your 85 players & 63 schollies.

So, no you can not give 63 schollies AND 100 more academic and have 163 players.
      I actually believe you can but I could be wrong.

The issue would be that the athlete must qualify for them in the same manner as any student athlete and preference was not given to the athlete. So for the 100 extra scholarships to be a valid benefit, there would (theoretically) be so many given out to the rest of the student body that the school was essentially not bringing in any revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

The issue would be that the athlete must qualify for them in the same manner as any student athlete and preference was not given to the athlete. So for the 100 extra scholarships to be a valid benefit, there would (theoretically) be so many given out to the rest of the student body that the school was essentially not bringing in any revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by Texan37 View Post
          Tarleton new football Fieldhouse. Anyone in the ville have any more info on this?

i also want to know how the scholarship situation will work heading to D1, does everyone on scholarship now just get a full one?
          i know D2 get 36 and D1 FCS get 63, are teams able to split up scholarships like D2 or is it all or nothing?

Wish you well, have fun in DIAA, but fuack off. This is the D2 site. If you run into any ACUer, tell them to-------just give them my regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Here ya go Brandon. This will explain everything.

https://www.athleticscholarships.net...hletes-aid.htm

Comment

Texas Tech schedules Tarleton for 2023 home game . Sad, Plowgirls in 2023 and ACU Mildcats in 2024. Weak. along with that powerhouse Arkansas Pine Bluff.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fbsched...schedules/amp/

Comment

Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post

Wish you well, have fun in DIAA, but fuack off. This is the D2 site. If you run into any ACUer, tell them to-------just give them my regards.
                Thanks for the kind words, have you guys considered the American Southwest Conference. I think D3 fits your program with all the athletic success you have had lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Seinfeld View Post

Thanks for the kind words, have you guys considered the American Southwest Conference. I think D3 fits your program with all the athletic success you have had lately.

Lately? The past two years have seen national titles in Men's track, and Beach Volleyball, national runner up in Beach Volleyball and Softball and a CWS in baseball.

On the other hand, after this season, the Texans will never compete for a national title. In any sport.

Never.
                  Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

Lately? The past two years have seen national titles in Men's track, and Beach Volleyball, national runner up in Beach Volleyball and Softball and a CWS in baseball.

On the other hand, after this season, the Texans will never compete for a national title. In any sport.

Never.
                    So that's where all the money goes instead of football and basketball. Case solved, thanks for your clarification.:)

Comment

Originally posted by Seinfeld View Post

there are a couple of teams in the ASC that would rough up most of the LSC teams.

Comment

Tarleton-TCU game delayed a year.

https://fbschedules.com/tarleton-sta...-than-desired/

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                          Good. We need another year of recruiting and redshirting to better compete.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X