Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Current Men's & Women's Region Standings

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
    Why do you have ENMU in the East? Or should that be someone else. Eastern's record is not all that good.
    Because they have EAST in their name? JKJK just trying to have some fun on a Thursday morning!

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
      Because they have EAST in their name? JKJK just trying to have some fun on a Thursday morning!
      I just got my bill from the hospital. You guys need to be working instead of piddle parting around on message boards.:smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
        Why do you have ENMU in it? Or should that be someone else. Eastern is not all that good.
        This is what he meant....

And to that i say a merciful 28-0 should have been 35-0.
        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
          I just got my bill from the hospital. You guys need to be working instead of piddle parting around on message boards.:smile-big:
          Glad I have nothing to do with billing! And talk to your congressman and senators. They have much more of say in the billing arena for all healthcare than I do! :smile:

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
            So I have been working on a formula to try and come up with an NCAA Tournament-type bracket. Let me know what you think:

The numbers to the side are the NET formula used by D1 Men for tournament selection.
            ???? Man, I just want a beer & some nachos. LOL

Comment

Glad I have nothing to do with billing! And talk to your congressman and senators. They have much more of say in the billing arena for all healthcare than I do! :smile:
              Understood, but if everyone in every department would work harder, faster and smarter you might be able to cut prices. That way my bill might be $55,000 instead of $56,000.:smile-big:

Comment

Understood, but if everyone in every department would work harder, faster and smarter you might be able to cut prices. That way my bill might be $55,000 instead of $56,000.:smile-big:
                Only $56K? I don't usually go to the doctor for a cold...

Comment

Let me try to explain it this way.... you are a woodworker. Let says that you have 3 different vendors who you buy your lumber from. If vendor A, B, & C all get together and realize that they are the only ones that you can get lumber from, what do you think they are going to do with the price of your lumber? It goes up. Well since you have to have lumber to be a woodworker, you have to buy it. So when you sell your finished product (assuming you are trying to cover you costs at the bare minimum; heaven forbid try to make a buck or 2) what do you have to do to your price? It goes up. Now I know you know these basics of supply and demand, but it doesn't matter how much faster or how much harder you work if the cost of your lumber continues to sky rocket, you are still going to have to raise your prices.

Now go take a look at the cost of prescription drugs over the last 10 years....

Yes, I know you original and subsequent posts were made in jest!

Comment

Let me try to explain it this way.... you are a woodworker. Let says that you have 3 different vendors who you buy your lumber from. If vendor A, B, & C all get together and realize that they are the only ones that you can get lumber from, what do you think they are going to do with the price of your lumber? It goes up. Well since you have to have lumber to be a woodworker, you have to buy it. So when you sell your finished product (assuming you are trying to cover you costs at the bare minimum; heaven forbid try to make a buck or 2) what do you have to do to your price? It goes up. Now I know you know these basics of supply and demand, but it doesn't matter how much faster or how much harder you work if the cost of your lumber continues to sky rocket, you are still going to have to raise your prices.

Now go take a look at the cost of prescription drugs over the last 10 years....

Yes, I know you original and subsequent posts were made in jest!
                    It works that way for Big Pharm & Hospital corporations, but NOT physicians.....especially primary care. You contract (but can't negotiate rates) with insurance companies for a HUGE reduced payment.....you bill the highest amount of all your different contracts because law says you can't bill different amounts. So lets say you bill $100 for a 45 minute visit....you only get paid around $40. BUT that 45 minute visit is actually 90+ minutes of the physicians time because they must review your chart prior to your visit and then finish notes, scripts, etc. after your visit. Then you have to factor in front office time to schedule the appointment; appointment verification; insurance verification; the medical assistants time to room you, make notes, handle your dumbazz calls, etc....; the billers time to submit your charges to insurance, take your calls complaining because you have to pay a deductible and/or copay that's REQUIRED by YOUR insurance etc...etc... $40 HARDLY comes close to covering your visit.

BUT the organizations that DO NOT PROVIDE healthcare....Big Pharm & Hospitals charge you through the arse for EVERYTHING....AND, they CAN negotiate rates with insurance companies.

This is one FAUCKED up system. Where the physicians get screwed and everyone else makes money off of them.

Personally....I think physicians, especially primary care, should protest and WALK OFF the job until they get paid a FAIR amount.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                      It works that way for Big Pharm & Hospital corporations, but NOT physicians.....especially primary care. You contract (but can't negotiate rates) with insurance companies for a HUGE reduced payment.....you bill the highest amount of all your different contracts because law says you can't bill different amounts. So lets say you bill $100 for a 45 minute visit....you only get paid around $40. BUT that 45 minute visit is actually 90+ minutes of the physicians time because they must review your chart prior to your visit and then finish notes, scripts, etc. after your visit. Then you have to factor in front office time to schedule the appointment; appointment verification; insurance verification; the medical assistants time to room you, make notes, handle your dumbazz calls, etc....; the billers time to submit your charges to insurance, take your calls complaining because you have to pay a deductible and/or copay that's REQUIRED by YOUR insurance etc...etc... $40 HARDLY comes close to covering your visit.

BUT the organizations that DO NOT PROVIDE healthcare....Big Pharm & Hospitals charge you through the arse for EVERYTHING....AND, they CAN negotiate rates with insurance companies.

This is one FAUCKED up system. Where the physicians get screwed and everyone else makes money off of them.

Personally....I think physicians, especially primary care, should protest and WALK OFF the job until they get paid a FAIR amount.
                      This is accurate!

Comment

When will we get the "Real" rankings??
                        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Last year was Valentine's Day (Feb 14).

So my guess is Feb 13 this year.

Comment

So any of you Tarleton folks, I thought Josh Hawley as just a dunker, rim clean up dude in previous years...he has found a full rounded game offensively. I was very impressed with his game when yall came to town last weekend. Very good player

Comment

So any of you Tarleton folks, I thought Josh Hawley as just a dunker, rim clean up dude in previous years...he has found a full rounded game offensively. I was very impressed with his game when yall came to town last weekend. Very good player
                              He has really developed into a more complete player. He is leading the LSC in scoring and rebounding. He can hit the three as well as dunk. If he can on his dribbling and driving, he will be unstoppable.

Comment

He had D1 offers out of high school but chose Tarleton. He redshirted for a year and that really helped develop him. Lost him about half way through conference to an ankle injury his freshman year, and i really believe that with him, Tarleton doesn't lose 5 straight to end the year. He is definitely a special player. Went over 1000 career points with an ally oop on Saturday at Kingsville.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X