Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wt Football Staff

Now that the staff is complete: Better - Worse - The same??

While we are at it: Wins. More - Fewer - Same

Re: Wt Football Staff

Originally posted by WTAMU1975 View Post

Better & more.

Comment

Originally posted by WTAMU1975 View Post

Im hopeful it will be better and more wins.

I liked Kochevar on defense so i dont know what to expect with the new guy. On offense, it certainly shouldnt get worse haha.

A better offense should equal more wins.

Comment

I hope to see 8 wins in 2019. 7 would be considered "progress." However, even if WT has an improved team, they could only wind up with 4/5/6 wins. It's a funny game. WT won a few unexpected ones last year, Central Washington and Angelo. They were close at Azusa, Commerce, and Midwestern. This year, unless WT turns out to be MUCH better than last year, a few inopportune turnovers and penalties, a few bad bounces of the ball, and the Buffs could easily be a better team, but not win more games. You just never know.

With new DC Morris and new OC Brown, those adjustments have to occur. If it's a smooth transition the future bodes well. If the defense picks up where they left off and improves on last year's performance (which was pretty good at times) mostly with the addition of depth and more talented DB's, and if the new OC finds the right talent at QB, the healthy return of Carter and Vallo, more better bigger OL's, and mix that in with less predictable offensive play-calling, the Buffs might be able to get scoring up at least 10 points per game. How much of our scoring last year were a result of defensive scores and special teams? Quite a bit. I haven't run the numbers, but without those points, I bet our offense averaged about 17/18 points per game of our 23.1 average. That won't cut it. Not in the LSC. The offense needs to get close to 30 PPG. It's like Coach Hughes said, we need more cushion in close games and have a chance to win every game.
        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 01-25-2019, 09:07 AM.

Comment

I see WT being in the top 4 tier again like days old. Could be anywhere from 1st to 4th.

Get ready for the WT fan smack talk.

I predict some old posters, that disappeared during the Buffs cr@p years, coming back around next season. LOL. GOD help us one and all. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
            I see WT being in the top 4 tier again like days old. Could be anywhere from 1st to 4th.

I predict some old posters, that disappeared during the Buffs cr@p years, coming back around next season. LOL. GOD help us one and all. ;)
            Lol, luckily some of us more recent posters are reasonable. I started following in 2012 and joined in 2013. I missed all of the shenanigans.

Comment

Do you mean some will switch their avatars back to Buffs from Lions?
              Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
                I hope not. Good riddance.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                  Lol, luckily some of us more recent posters are reasonable. I started following in 2012 and joined in 2013. I missed all of the shenanigans.
                  Yes, the newer Buffs are much better. BUT some of the oldies are goodies. I have respect when fans/alum/et.al STICK whether their team is winning or losing. I have zero respect for the opposite.

Comment

HAHAHAHA

Comment

Haven't they already switched to "Axe-em" Jacks?

Comment

I agree. Don't know much about the OC but HC and DC are both going to make that defense be formidable.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
                          Haven't they already switched to "Axe-em" Jacks?
                          Lol

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X