Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Tennis Complex coming to TAMUC

http://www.tamuc.edu/campuslife/camp...20Complex.aspx

Could it be that the Lions are going to reinstate their Tennis Program? Large investment just for fun.

Re: NEW Tennis Complex coming to TAMUC

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
    http://www.tamuc.edu/campuslife/camp...20Complex.aspx

Could it be that the Lions are going to reinstate their Tennis Program? Large investment just for fun.
    Hmmmm..... that would be great. The LSC will be stacked in women's tennis next year. But it is listed on the campus rec page not athletics....
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

No immediate plans to renew the Tennis program. I know that baseball has been planned,but no firm date yet. They may do a Womens team if title ix requires something to offset the baseball program, but again, no firm timetable for that.

Comment

How is TAMUC going to gross up the tennis courts with that expansive lion head?
        You know any time I see a huge jacked up truck with big tires and loud exhaust, I often wonder what they are compensating for....:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
          No immediate plans to renew the Tennis program. I know that baseball has been planned,but no firm date yet. They may do a Womens team if title ix requires something to offset the baseball program, but again, no firm timetable for that.
          Could it be that the lions are positioning themselves for a potential move to Division 1?

Commerce currently sits at 12 sports (5 men / 7 women). Moving to D1 would mean needing two more sports and either a 7/7 or 6m/8w split. Adding Womens Tennis and Baseball would make that work.
          Tarleton State Texan
          Texas State Bobcat

Comment

Originally posted by chrisattsu View Post
            Could it be that the lions are positioning themselves for a potential move to Division 1?

Commerce currently sits at 12 sports (5 men / 7 women). Moving to D1 would mean needing two more sports and either a 7/7 or 6m/8w split. Adding Womens Tennis and Baseball would make that work.
            I don't think it will be that easy to start offering baseball. In addition to total scholarship programs, adding women's tennis would not open up enough scholarship opportunities to field a competitive baseball team. If current FCS schools are a blueprint, Sam Houston has 6 men's programs to 9 for the woman. SFA has 6 men's programs to 10 for the women. It's hard to find balance when a football team is so much bigger...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisattsu View Post

There isnt any serous consideration of moving to DI in the foreseeable future. Too many facilities here need to be improved. There may be eyes on that as a long term goal, but I'd guess it wont happen for another 10 years at the least.

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
                I don't think it will be that easy to start offering baseball. In addition to total scholarship programs, adding women's tennis would not open up enough scholarship opportunities to field a competitive baseball team. If current FCS schools are a blueprint, Sam Houston has 6 men's programs to 9 for the woman. SFA has 6 men's programs to 10 for the women. It's hard to find balance when a football team is so much bigger...
                adding baseball has been on the chalkboard since Softball was put in place 5 years ago. It keeps getting shuffled to the back burner though. If we had kept growing the way we were 6 or 7 years ago it probably would have been a done deal already.

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post

Comment

Comment

Comment

I think there is also an equal opportunity component, especially when it comes to playoffs

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X