Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TAMC locker room looks incredible

https://lionathletics.com/news/2020/...uit-ready.aspx

This plus the new jumbotron will have Memorial looking REALLY good this fall. Should help a ton on the recruiting trail as well.

Good morning.

Very nice upgrade!!

Comment

Great look. Looks like a D1 locker room. Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
        Great look. Looks like a D1 locker room. Hmmm.
        Nope nope nope

Comment

Wow, that's impressive! Good job to Commerce! Wish my dad was still around to see what TAMU-C has done over the past 10 years. He'd be a proud ole Lion!

Say what you want, but John Sharp is gearing up the A&M System to have more than just Tarleton represent the franchise at the D-1 level. Not saying it will be Commerce, but there will be other A&M System schools make the jump in the next decade.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Nope nope nope
            It's amazing how any improvement leads people to believe it means a move. Maybe Commerce just wants to dominate the LSC and win national championships.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

It's amazing how any improvement leads people to believe it means a move. Maybe Commerce just wants to dominate the LSC and win national championships.
              I was just giving him a hard time. I remember WT going through those rumors during their football peak.

Comment

We usedto have one like that until be put in a really nice dressing room:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Daddy Warbucks is grooming little brothers to make the move up. It’s all about getting A&M a bigger piece of the PUF. I’m sure WT admin is starting to feel some pressure from him also. Especially with the WAC having an open door for D2 schools. Kingsville is feeling his scorn for not merging with Corpus.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Daddy Warbucks is grooming little brothers to make the move up. It’s all about getting A&M a bigger piece of the PUF. I’m sure WT admin is starting to feel some pressure from him also. Especially with the WAC having an open door for D2 schools. Kingsville is feeling his scorn for not merging with Corpus.

TAMUK’s leadership mailed in the football programs fate years ago. Our AD was supposed to give more detail about a facility master plan and has yet to do so. You think this dead time thanks to pandemic would have been a good time to roll it out to generate something positive? The way the search for the football coach ended should tell you how much confidence potential coaches saw the situation. I’m to the point it wouldn’t disappointment me to see the program shut down due to financial constraints or some other cooked up reason rather than keeping it alive for everyone to come around on Homecoming to recall the good ol days. The last decade was too much to stomach and why continue it going into the third decade of the century.

Anyhow Congrats to Commerce, WTAM,and Tarleton on your new facilities. You have great leadership. Ours sucks!.
                    Last edited by LSC Fan; 05-22-2020, 09:21 PM.

Comment

This. ☝️

Comment

Haven't heard that.... but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by gruesome View Post

This. ☝️
                          I know this sounds crazy but some years ago when WAC football disintegrated I was told by some folks with knowledge in the Almost Big 12/ Southworst Conference that the WAC could still sponsor FBS football. I remember the Southland Conference being pushed down. This never happened to the WAC because everyone had already vacated the premise.

If true, those joining the WAC as FCS could make the jump once enough schools joined to create a conference without any need for NCAA approval. I’m sure the NCAA never made a ruling on the WAC football because it was defunct.

Maybe this is the reason why Sharp says the WAC ceiling is much higher than the Southland.

Comment

I know this sounds crazy but some years ago when WAC football disintegrated I was told by some folks with knowledge in the Almost Big 12/ Southworst Conference that the WAC could still sponsor FBS football. I remember the Southland Conference being pushed down. This never happened to the WAC because everyone had already vacated the premise.

If true, those joining the WAC as FCS could make the jump once enough schools joined to create a conference without any need for NCAA approval. I’m sure the NCAA never made a ruling on the WAC football because it was defunct.

Maybe this is the reason why Sharp says the WAC ceiling is much higher than the Southland.
                            Definitely would be interesting. Southland is definitely deeper in teams. WAC and Southland are equally bad in basketball. Southland I believe is better in tennis. Not that it matters come NCAA tournament time. Baseball might be a wash.

Comment

So, are they Uncle Warbucks??

This is 100% your opinion. Talking to those in the know....this is not happening.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X