Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardin Simmons to D2?

Friend of mine here in AR says that's what he heard. What are you guys hearing in the lone star state?

Re: Hardin Simmons to D2?

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
    Friend of mine here in AR says that's what he heard. What are you guys hearing in the lone star state?
    I would be suprised. Why would they?
    I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

It worked out really well for McMurry!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
        Hardened sinners has had a bit more success though.

Now Wayland from what i remember brought back Football specifically cause they wanted to get into D2.

Comment

They might want to do their due diligence with that in mind. And that includes the LSC in the event they start a desperate attempt to look for new football members. Two out of the four recent attempts at adding football playing schools didn't work out so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
            I would be suprised. Why would they?
            Because the playoffs get old? Because they want to be on the wrong end of blowouts?

Comment

McMurry was doing ok until someone made a mega bucks investment error.

Comment

Don't have many contacts at Hardin, but one alum I spoke with who is a former player and now supporter said fans have been talking about a move to DII for some time. He knows of no task force or committee in place that is exploring such a move at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                  Don't have many contacts at Hardin, but one alum I spoke with who is a former player and now supporter said fans have been talking about a move to DII for some time. He knows of no task force or committee in place that is exploring such a move at this time.
                  Seems like it would be a good fit. Pretty stout season here:

Last edited by Herb Street; 01-30-2019, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Seems like it would be a good fit. Pretty stout season here:

I am not sure how they fit in the DII recruiting model. I believe it is so difficult for private/religious affilated schools with under 3k students to compete at DII. With total yearly cost to attend around 39k by 2020, it's hard to get 36 schollies funded and get players who can afford the rest.

Wouldn't they face the same issues as ACU & UIW? Probably even more.

Comment

I am not sure how they fit in the DII recruiting model. I believe it is so difficult for private/religious affilated schools with under 3k students to compete at DII. With total yearly cost to attend around 39k by 2020, it's hard to get 36 schollies funded and get players who can afford the rest.

Yep.

Comment

This was the reason that I was okay with what ACU & UIW were trying to sell in their move up. IMO, it wasn't that they thought they were better than everyone else (okay maybe some of the ACU folks did) but it was an attempt to level the playing field due to the huge cost that was being put on most of the athletes at the D2 level. Now they can at least compete for the kids without the kid having to fork over 20K+/ year to attend.

Comment

Comment

Since we got rid of the gold and silver standard isnt all money just paper?

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X