Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

If you would have read any of my posts from the past you would already have an idea. I could really care less what your modus operandi is. Bottom line is in undergrad I had a dual degree plan Political Science/ History. Grad degree in Psychology. One of my projects was distortion of history and the Spanish Flu was one the topics. The research did not validate the number of deaths that many claimed. The real the number is not known and the factual numbers that are known are far less than those claimed. So I really could care less what juvenile personal attack you have thought up in response to this. If you have data that supports otherwise please enlighten us.
    Easy Mr. Defensive, if I didn't know better I'd think you were a liberal after that response. Also, the saying is you couldn't care less. If you could care less then I'd suggest getting to the point where you couldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

You are incorrect. You must have gitten an F on your research paper.

While the exact # of deaths of any disease worldwide can never be known. Developed countries that kept death records (certificates) kept excellent records. The biggest problem is the numbers are WAY TOO LOW as undeveloped countries didnt even record # of illnesses or deaths.

BUT, as USUAL, you completely missed the ENTIRE point of my post. As you do most others. Congrats on staying consistant and keeping your record of such perfection.

1. Influenza was not a novel virus in 1918, that was not the first time it was discovered. Not even close.

2. The flu death records from 1918 were not accurate and were likely over reported, death records back then were NOT that accurate. As an example my grandmother was declared still born by the doctor to the county medical board. When she was older and ether went to apply for a Social Security card she couldn't, because she didn't have a birth certificate. She had to show her marriage license, and have 3 affidavits filed attesting that she was in fact ALIVE and who she said she was.

There is no conceivable reason why young people who are at a shockingly low risk can't play sports, nor why the rest of us can't decide for OURSELVES if things are worth risking illness over.
      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

1. Influenza was not a novel virus in 1918, that was not the first time it was discovered. Not even close.

2. The flu death records from 1918 were not accurate and were likely over reported, death records back then were NOT that accurate. As an example my grandmother was declared still born by the doctor to the county medical board. When she was older and ether went to apply for a Social Security card she couldn't, because she didn't have a birth certificate. She had to show her marriage license, and have 3 affidavits filed attesting that she was in fact ALIVE and who she said she was.

There is no conceivable reason why young people who are at a shockingly low risk can't play sports, nor why the rest of us can't decide for OURSELVES if things are worth risking illness over.
        Guy, I am sorry to be SO blunt, but you are idiotic. H1N1 Influenza A Virus of 1918 was ABSOLUTELY a novel virus. 100%.

MAYBE this will shed a little light to help you understand:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2720273/

Enough said.

No reason to even discuss this topic with you or anyone else who are not educated and well versed n virology.

NOTHING PERSONAL.

Enjoy your weekend.

Comment

Guy, I am sorry to be SO blunt, but you are idiotic. H1N1 Influenza A Virus of 1918 was ABSOLUTELY a novel virus. 100%.

MAYBE this will shed a little light to help you understand:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2720273/

Enough said.

No reason to even discuss this topic with you or anyone else who are not educated and well versed n virology.

NOTHING PERSONAL.

Enjoy your weekend.

Comment

Tech, are you SERIOUSLY this ignorant?

I 100% do not buy that you hold a PhD. PROVE IT.

If so, I have lost 100% faith in the university system. PERIOD. FOR REAL!!!

Comment

Tech, are you SERIOUSLY this ignorant?

I 100% do not buy that you hold a PhD. PROVE IT.

If so, I have lost 100% faith in the university system. PERIOD. FOR REAL!!!
              You are correct Masters not a PhD.

There is no concrete evidence of the number of deaths, If I remember correctly, the health officials of the day took the number of actual deaths in Ireland which was roughly 23,000 and applied it to every country to get the formula for their gross number of deaths. The population of Ireland was slightly over 4 million at the time. So, the numbers are a guestimate. If you want to believe 40 million died from Spanish flu that is your choice. I choose to only go with factual numbers and they facts do not support it. If you have evidence that supports that number please produce them.

As far as the current Pandemic, the number of deaths are showing no signs of letting up. So, take every precaution at your disposal because it appears we are in this for the long haul,

I did find it interesting that Coach Saban believes his players are safer at a large university setting than their own homes.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

You are correct Masters not a PhD.

There is no concrete evidence of the number of deaths, If I remember correctly, the health officials of the day took the number of actual deaths in Ireland which was roughly 23,000 and applied it to every country to get the formula for their gross number of deaths. The population of Ireland was slightly over 4 million at the time. So, the numbers are a guestimate. If you want to believe 40 million died from Spanish flu that is your choice. I choose to only go with factual numbers and they facts do not support it. If you have evidence that supports that number please produce them.

As far as the current Pandemic, the number of deaths are showing no signs of letting up. So, take every precaution at your disposal because it appears we are in this for the long haul,

I did find it interesting that Coach Saban believes his players are safer at a large university setting than their own homes.
                You choose to go with factual numbers that facts do not support??? Very well.

How about you produce PROVEN FACTS to support your conspiracy theory claim. No opinions. No theories. SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE to support YOUR claim.

I'm waiting......(*cue Jeopardy Theme Song*)

Comment

You choose to go with factual numbers that facts do not support??? Very well.

How about you produce PROVEN FACTS to support your conspiracy theory claim. No opinions. No theories. SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE to support YOUR claim.

I'm waiting......(*cue Jeopardy Theme Song*)

Comment

I produced PUBLISHED numbers....you disagree usiing YOUR theory....so YOU have the burden of PROOF.

And your response is intellectually HILARIOUS........comiing from a guy who majored in Psychology....which is NEVER based on fact(s).....always PURE, 100% THEORY. MANY argue that psychology is not even science, just subjective opinions with zero proof or relevance.

The Sun is 150 million kilometers from Earth. So science says. Has anyone traveled to the Sun with a measuring tape??? Nope. So we can all cry FOUL....I can give my OPINION and say that is WRONG with ZERO evidence that my opinion is right......and then SAY the burdem of proof is on the other guy, because "I" said it was. The POINT is does it MATTER or change the relevance if the Sun is 149, 150, or 151 million km? NOT ONE BIT. But you can argue "well that's not absolute". Whoop de doo! Not ABSOLUTE.? H3ll, we don't have to file taxes to the penny....simply round up. That is NOT ABSOLUTE. AND???

The POINT of my ORIGINAL post was that SARS CoV 2 is a novel virus.....and I gave simplistic examples of other novel viruses. Regarding the 1918 H1N1 A, did 22.3 mlion people die? 38.7 million people die? 82.1 million people die? Thats IRRELEVANT to the POINT of the post. Instead of intelligently addressing the POINT, you selected an argument that was 100% irrelevant. You did this because of your ignorance in virology. And inability to debate the POINT.

So, if you want to discredit what science stands by, then YOU must present the proof of your theoretical CLAIM, PERIOD. Debate 101. The PROOF is 100% ON YOU.

FYI....this is called CHECKMATE. GAME OVER!!!

I am through with this guy.......NEXT!
                    Last edited by ASUPops; 08-16-2020, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Apparently, there is some buzz on campus at WT today. Can neither confirm nor deny. Anyone else want to chime in?

Comment

About.....?
                        Last edited by LionFan; 08-18-2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by house_divided View Post
                          Apparently, there is some buzz on campus at WT today. Can neither confirm nor deny. Anyone else want to chime in?
                          I've heard no buzz about anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

I've heard no buzz about anything.

Comment

Interesting. They changed the 2020 schedule on the website to 9/19 and a game every 2 weeks for 5 total games with TBD. I have heard nothing though and assumed they gave in to the LSC ruling. Colorado Mesa is looking for fall or spring games. The new HC posted on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

Interesting. They changed the 2020 schedule on the website to 9/19 and a game every 2 weeks for 5 total games with TBD. I have heard nothing though and assumed they gave in to the LSC ruling. Colorado Mesa is looking for fall or spring games. The new HC posted on Twitter.
                                I'm guessing Chadron, Mesa, Mines, and Pueblo from the RMAC all look for games. Possibly others as well but those programs have certainly made football a priority.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X