Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

You are incorrect. You must have gitten an F on your research paper.

While the exact # of deaths of any disease worldwide can never be known. Developed countries that kept death records (certificates) kept excellent records. The biggest problem is the numbers are WAY TOO LOW as undeveloped countries didnt even record # of illnesses or deaths.

BUT, as USUAL, you completely missed the ENTIRE point of my post. As you do most others. Congrats on staying consistant and keeping your record of such perfection.

Comment

I LOVE the game of football. I am 100% DIE HARD. But, this doesn't phase me a bit. When it comes down to it....it's a GAME. In the grand scheme of things, this means absolutely NOTHING.
      I am with you.

Comment

What line of work are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Once again. The death numbers were greatly exaggerated. Much like today when they initially forecast millions of Americans would die from COVID.
          Once again, those original projections assumed no precautions in place - which those who made those models were quite clear with. It helps to actually, you know, read the predictions instead of letting Fox News feed them to you.

I'll never understand why people use that argument anyway, it makes them sound like we're disappointed that we didn't hit those numbers. I don't know about you but I, for one, am ecstatic we didn't lose a million Americans to this pandemic, while also sad that we lost 160,000+ thousand.

Comment

Yesterday, it looked like all of college football was going to shut down regardless of level. Now, theres a fascinating movement going on in social media by nearly all of the athletes using #wewanttoplay and giving the reasons they think they should play. No clue how it will turn out, but it's pretty cool seeing some of these kids like Trevor Lawrence who have absolutely nothing to gain by playing saying they want to. Bringing up some very valid points, that the athletes are probably actually more safe with the daily constraints/medical attention at school than they are being sent back home to areas where the risk of getting covid is so high.

The scary part about it is that it's calling for unionizing the college athletes as well. That particular part seems like a very bad idea.

Will be interesting to see how this shakes out.
            Last edited by LionFan; 08-10-2020, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

PM me and we can discuss my education level, work history, or anything else or your mind

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

PM me and we can discuss my education level, work history, or anything else or your mind
                I didn't want personal details, just a general field of work. IT, automotive, healthcare...a generic answer such as these.

Comment

I didn't want personal details, just a general field of work. IT, automotive, healthcare...a generic answer such as these.

diesel fitter

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

diesel fitter
                    Precious, you guys are able to answer for each other. I'm glad to see Texas becoming so progressive.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                      Yesterday, it looked like all of college football was going to shut down regardless of level. Now, theres a fascinating movement going on in social media by nearly all of the athletes using #wewanttoplay and giving the reasons they think they should play. No clue how it will turn out, but it's pretty cool seeing some of these kids like Trevor Lawrence who have absolutely nothing to gain by playing saying they want to. Bringing up some very valid points, that the athletes are probably actually more safe with the daily constraints/medical attention at school than they are being sent back home to areas where the risk of getting covid is so high.

The scary part about it is that it's calling for unionizing the college athletes as well. That particular part seems like a very bad idea.

Will be interesting to see how this shakes out.
                      I gather its not having much if any impact on REAL decisions....

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...n-spring-2021/

Kids want candy before dinner; want to drive a car before they have a license; legally drink before age 21...etc. Thats why they are kids. They want what THEY want and don't thiink about the consequences.

Unfortunately, many adults are the same. Thank GOD someone is thinking.

Comment

3,417 TEXANS died or went MIA during the Vietnam War. Between 1955 -1975. 20 years. And people protested. It was a horrible thing 3,417 lost TEXANS in 20 years.

In 2020, 2.5+ times that number of TEXANS lost their lives to a new war, COVID-19.

8,731 TEXANS dead during the first 7 months...with almost 5 left to go.

AND you are making lite of it.

SHAME ON YOU!! And EVERYONE like you!!

Comment

I gather its not having much if any impact on REAL decisions....

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...n-spring-2021/

Kids want candy before dinner; want to drive a car before they have a license; legally drink before age 21...etc. Thats why they are kids. They want what THEY want and don't thiink about the consequences.

Unfortunately, many adults are the same. Thank GOD someone is thinking.
                          But your gals Nancy Pelosi and AOC wanted to lower the voting age to 16........ Either they are smart enough to vote and make other life decisions for themselves and impact others. Or they don't know what in the hell they are talking about with other issues as well?

Please note I'm playing Devil's advocate and this is attempt to make Pops go 5150...... LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

But your gals Nancy Pelosi and AOC wanted to lower the voting age to 16........ Either they are smart enough to vote and make other life decisions for themselves and impact others. Or they don't know what in the hell they are talking about with other issues as well?

Please note I'm playing Devil's advocate and this is attempt to make Pops go 5150...... LMAO!
                            Blow me! 70707070707

I don't do "politics", especially nowadays. And I especially do not do EXTREMISTS (left-wing nut jobs or right-wing nut jobs).

As a Marine you are apolitical and serve the Commander in Chief, regardless of political party. I have remained this way since the day I took my Oath. So, I will RESPECT & SERVE President Trump until the second he leaves office be it 5 months from now or 53 months from now.

Comment

If you would have read any of my posts from the past you would already have an idea. I could really care less what your modus operandi is. Bottom line is in undergrad I had a dual degree plan Political Science/ History. Grad degree in Psychology. One of my projects was distortion of history and the Spanish Flu was one the topics. The research did not validate the number of deaths that many claimed. The real the number is not known and the factual numbers that are known are far less than those claimed. So I really could care less what juvenile personal attack you have thought up in response to this. If you have data that supports otherwise please enlighten us.

Comment

3,417 TEXANS died or went MIA during the Vietnam War. Between 1955 -1975. 20 years. And people protested. It was a horrible thing 3,417 lost TEXANS in 20 years.

In 2020, 2.5+ times that number of TEXANS lost their lives to a new war, COVID-19.

8,731 TEXANS dead during the first 7 months...with almost 5 left to go.

AND you are making lite of it.

SHAME ON YOU!! And EVERYONE like you!!
                                Not making light of anything Pops. Live life to the fullest. This is a temporary place for us. But it is not the end game. What we do while we are here is very important and we should strive to do the very best for everyone while we use our allotted time on this planet.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X