X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Commerce assistant bb coach arrested

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    Bro, you are joking, right?

You have/had a coach involved in HUMAN TRAFFICKING and PROSTITUTION. He represents/represented your program and institution.

Of course, these are all accusations at this point. But honestly, would you want your daughter or son to attend a college where this was going on with a coach?

This isn't you read the article and just say "wow". Nor is it even close to Penn St.'s issues. But you gotta take off your blinders. I seriously hope this isn't the sentiment of TAMUC's Admin.

Jake is much more on target with this than you.
    It's an insanely awful story and he deserves the worst of the worst for punishment. I just don't agree with dropping a bomb on people around him who had absolutely nothing to do with it and had no idea it was going on.

If anyone DID know, I 100% agree with you. I just don't think it's right to ruin the careers of people who got hit by this story out of left field.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
      You honestly think a coach would know that one of his assistants was doing this and just turned a blind eye? I dont think this phases anything at Commerce other than an "wow" factor when people read the story. It's an awful story, but I have no idea how the school or program ends up catching any heat from this.
      Like I said, I cant believe that Jaret would have any idea about this and not do anything about it based on my interactions with him. Here's the thing, if he even heard "rumors" without actually "knowing" about something like this and didnt ask the University to look into it then his ass should be toast. I hope that isnt the case, but we will see what comes next.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
        Like I said, I cant believe that Jaret would have any idea about this and not do anything about it based on my interactions with him. Here's the thing, if he even heard "rumors" without actually "knowing" about something like this and didnt ask the University to look into it then his ass should be toast. I hope that isnt the case, but we will see what comes next.
        This....
        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

It's an insanely awful story and he deserves the worst of the worst for punishment. I just don't agree with dropping a bomb on people around him who had absolutely nothing to do with it and had no idea it was going on.

If anyone DID know, I 100% agree with you. I just don't think it's right to ruin the careers of people who got hit by this story out of left field.
          I agree!!!! Let's just wait for the FACTS.

Right now TAMUC Admin. should be in damage control.

Comment

Greed can cause people to do things they never thought they would. It can cause a person to engage in unwise and stupid decisions, cut corners, moral accommodation, make excuses turning a blind eye to right and wrong, and slip into a downward spiral of lies and self-deception, etc etc, and rationalize all of it. I imagine nearly every human has been there at one time or another to one degree or another. Maric's degree of greed must have been extremely high. Not knowing the man, I hope he can come out on the other side of this dark tunnel chagrined, ashamed, and wiser.

If it comes out that others in the TAMUC sphere were aware of Maric's extracurricular business activities and did/said/questioned nothing about them, they should be fired.
            Last edited by BuffaloChip; 02-22-2019, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
              I think when you boil it down, we are all on the same page. The only difference is whether we think anyone else knew or suspected anything. I'm coming from the viewpoint where I've been around Coach Rose enough to get a good feel for the kind of person he is, and I don't see any way he had the slightest clue about any of this. As for our AD, I know him extremely well, and there is zero chance he knew anything about this and didn't do something to stop it. Zero.

Comment

I think when you boil it down, we are all on the same page. The only difference is whether we think anyone else knew or suspected anything. I'm coming from the viewpoint where I've been around Coach Rose enough to get a good feel for the kind of person he is, and I don't see any way he had the slightest clue about any of this. As for our AD, I know him extremely well, and there is zero chance he knew anything about this and didn't do something to stop it. Zero.
                Millions held TOP REGARD for JoePa, and the seemingly unblemished admin at Penn St. ........UNTIL....

NEVER, EVER think ANYONE is beyond the 7 Deadly Sins. Everyone is held captive by at least one. Only a fool would think otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                  Greed can cause people to do things they never thought they would. It can cause a person to engage in unwise and stupid decisions, cut corners, moral accommodation, make excuses turning a blind eye to right and wrong, and slip into a downward spiral of lies and self-deception, etc etc, and rationalize all of it. I imagine nearly every human has been there at one time or another to one degree or another. Maric's degree of greed must have been extremely high. Not knowing the man, I hope he can come out on the other side of this dark tunnel chagrined, ashamed, and wiser.

If it comes out that others in the TAMUC sphere were aware of Maric's extracurricular business activities and did/said/questioned nothing about them, they should be fired.
                  100% correct.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                    Millions held TOP REGARD for JoePa, and the seemingly unblemished admin at Penn St. ........UNTIL....

NEVER, EVER think ANYONE is beyond the 7 Deadly Sins. Everyone is held captive by at least one. Only a fool would think otherwise.
                    100% correct!

When men set their own paths destruction usually follows. As in my lifetime I have found that humans can justify and reason any situation to fit their needs.

No one is above reproach. Never say never. It is truly an inner battle to not fall prey to this type of behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                      It is truly an inner battle to not fall prey to this type of behavior.
                      I don't think I've ever struggled with participating in Human Trafficking.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                        Ever struggled with anything else you're not proud of?

Don't get me wrong, not excusing the behavior at all. But something about casting the first stone...

We could all be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                          Ever struggled with anything else you're not proud of?
                          Step down from your pulpit. I never said that. But I think struggling with certain vices (Alcohol, drugs, adultery, etc) is a whole lot different than being involved in Human Trafficking.

Comment

Due to the timing, I wonder if the Dallas and Florida raids/arrests are connected in anyway.
                            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
                              Due to the timing, I wonder if the Dallas and Florida raids/arrests are connected in anyway.
                              Im sure they are all part of the larger Federal crackdown underway.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                                How bout any of these....pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath and sloth.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X