X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I remember posting a funny several years ago asking if Allen High School in their prime could hang with or possibly beat an Oklahoma Panhandle State football team. Posters back then lost their minds at the thought of actually contemplating it.
    Allen could beat OPSU then and NOW!!

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
    I decided to watch reruns of Rawhide instead of this game.

However I look at the live stats from time to time. WT is up 42-0 at the half. Maybe next year we can schedule Amarillo High instead.
    I remember posting a funny several years ago asking if Allen High School in their prime could hang with or possibly beat an Oklahoma Panhandle State football team. Posters back then lost their minds at the thought of actually contemplating it.

Leave a comment:

• olebuff
    replied
    North America has played a full scheldue this year .

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloChip
    replied
    Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    I hardly recognized the roster tonight, it was a few of the starters mixed in with pretty much freshmen. Not sure if it's COVID related or what. It was just a weird atmosphere all together at the game tonight. I thought the fr QB Leach played a good 2nd half.
    I will say this, I believe North American beats OPSU if they played. I mentioned earlier they would be about like OPSU competition wise.
    In his post game interview, Hughes said they intended to suit up 88 but wound up with 53. China virus related. Not so much players testing positive, but falling victim to contact tracing. He also said of all the players who have tested positive since weekly testing began, 95% were asymptomatic.

Leave a comment:

• Buff Fan 05
    replied
    I hardly recognized the roster tonight, it was a few of the starters mixed in with pretty much freshmen. Not sure if it's COVID related or what. It was just a weird atmosphere all together at the game tonight. I thought the fr QB Leach played a good 2nd half.
    I will say this, I believe North American beats OPSU if they played. I mentioned earlier they would be about like OPSU competition wise.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Western State was down 58-0 at half to SFA, so good on NAU for keeping it close. Lol.
    I turned that game on an hour late and SFA was up 44-0 early in the second quarter and the backup QB Weeks was in. I only watched a little while but he impressed me much more than Self.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied

However I look at the live stats from time to time. WT is up 42-0 at the half. Maybe next year we can schedule Amarillo High instead.
    Western State was down 58-0 at half to SFA, so good on NAU for keeping it close. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

Funny thing.... WT was leading 7-0 in the first but had only outgained NAU 140-110 or something like that. I was surprised that NAU had moved the ball early. Obviously, they didn't move the ball much after that.

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OPSUALUM77&81
    replied

I see OPSU is double dipping and will be playing in the Spring as well. Best of luck against OUAZ !
    As I understand it is a conference decision. They are allowed to play a few fall games, if they so desire.

Leave a comment:

• ccmoney8
    replied
    Does anyone know if this game is still happening? The NA schedule/results page hasn't been updated for a while.

Looks like their last "game" was NA Blue vs NA White.

https://www.na.edu/athletics/schedule/
    The NA Twitter account thinks it is. They retweeted this on Sunday: https://twitter.com/JustinAaronUH91/...27278053113858

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied
    Originally posted by OPSUALUM77&81 View Post
    Thank you for taking my comment for what it is worth. which is not much. This year is a throw-away year. Every game should have an asterisk beside it.

This Covid crap will get the best of us if we let it.

I pray all is well with everybody.

I see OPSU is double dipping and will be playing in the Spring as well. Best of luck against OUAZ !

Leave a comment:

• OPSUALUM77&81
    replied
    Thank you for taking my comment for what it is worth. which is not much. This year is a throw-away year. Every game should have an asterisk beside it.

This Covid crap will get the best of us if we let it.

I pray all is well with everybody.

Somewhere in between, I think. Opponents are hard to come by this year.

I am sure OPSU would blow away NA as well.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
    Every school has a game like this from time to time when they cant fill out the schedule and especially during covid. Think Commerce played some university of faith school in florida a few years ago and Kingsville played monterrey tech from Mexico.
    That's true. Pueblo had their version of this in 2013 and 2014 against Angelo.

I kid I kid!

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    Every school has a game like this from time to time when they cant fill out the schedule and especially during covid. Think Commerce played some university of faith school in florida a few years ago and Kingsville played monterrey tech from Mexico.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X