Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT - Fauck ACU goes dancing

Originally posted by LSCfan1 View Post
    Where did you find this info? Or are you throwing out accusations?
    I thought the same thing, but it's right there on the Abliene newspaper web site. It looks like it was from about a month ago, so they have been winning without them.
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

It'll be Kentucky. ACU won't advance.

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
        I thought the same thing, but it's right there on the Abliene newspaper web site. It looks like it was from about a month ago, so they have been winning without them.
        I think what he was questioning is the nature of the infraction. It is certainly true that two players were kicked off the team and out of the school, but I don't think their offense was ever made public. It has always been stated as a "violation of school rules." I have never heard it said that it was sexual in nature. It very well could be as I don't have any in insight to the actual offense, so just wondering where the information on the crime came from.

I have been very impressed with the team's ability to put this behind them and keep moving forward after losing your leading scorer and two starters. I hope they keep it withing 30 against UK, but I have my doubts. UK is playing in a whole different sandbox.

Comment

Comment

ACU still providing their athletes microwaves? Gosh those cheaters never have stopped their illegal ways!

Comment

Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post
              ACU still providing their athletes microwaves? Gosh those cheaters never have stopped their illegal ways!
              Slander...... it was not Microwaves:). From the NCAA filing "These gifts included such items as crock pots, radios, gift cards, perfume, socks, gloves, shirts and cash in amounts ranging from $10 to $120. The value of items received by each of the student-athletes was $35 to $220, depending on what each person received." I know there was other stuff as well, just funny in the world of college athletics and what the big boys appear to get away with, the fact that a church gave international students some gloves and a crock pot sounds like the most mild infraction ever.

Comment

I agree, a false claim would be irresponsible. Unfortunately, this one isn't false. If you need a news article to confirm it for you, ACU wouldn't let that happen. I'd suggest just asking around to people who would know.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcats 0075 View Post
                  I think what he was questioning is the nature of the infraction. It is certainly true that two players were kicked off the team and out of the school, but I don't think their offense was ever made public. It has always been stated as a "violation of school rules." I have never heard it said that it was sexual in nature. It very well could be as I don't have any in insight to the actual offense, so just wondering where the information on the crime came from.

I have been very impressed with the team's ability to put this behind them and keep moving forward after losing your leading scorer and two starters. I hope they keep it withing 30 against UK, but I have my doubts. UK is playing in a whole different sandbox.

Ok. Looking back at his post, I was just referencing the dismissal of the players, not the accusation hurled out there.
                  Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                    Correct me if I am wrong, but this isn't UNO's first rodeo in D1? I think they were D1 back in 90's and before then in a conference with La Tech, LA Monroe, UTPA( now UT RGV) and a few other teams from the South?

And as of this posting, it looks like the Lady ACU Wildcats will be making the dance in the girls bracket. They are trashing A&M CC.
                    UNO was in the Sun Belt for a couple of decades before Hurricane Katrina. They contemplated going D3, then D2, before deciding to remain D1 and join the Southland. They had been thinking of adding football (they have a club team) when they competed in the GSC that one season and I assume that's why they wanted out of the FBS Sun Belt (other than the issues from Katrina). No talk of football now, though.

Congrats to the ACU women's team! This has been a long time coming for them during that transition. They actually won the conference in 2016 and 2017 but weren't allowed to compete in the conference tournament. They competed in the WNIT both of those years advancing to the second round in 2017.
                    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                      I agree, a false claim would be irresponsible. Unfortunately, this one isn't false. If you need a news article to confirm it for you, ACU wouldn't let that happen. I'd suggest just asking around to people who would know.

That's probably true. I seem to recall ACU football players learning about one particularly gross situation from WT players during the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        Ok, so a sexual assault took place that resulted in 2 starters being dismissed. No police report, no mention from the news...but it must be true because a WT fan on a message board wills it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcats 0075 View Post
                          Slander...... it was not Microwaves:). From the NCAA filing "These gifts included such items as crock pots, radios, gift cards, perfume, socks, gloves, shirts and cash in amounts ranging from $10 to $120. The value of items received by each of the student-athletes was $35 to $220, depending on what each person received." I know there was other stuff as well, just funny in the world of college athletics and what the big boys appear to get away with, the fact that a church gave international students some gloves and a crock pot sounds like the most mild infraction ever.

Comment

Truly god loves Affluent Christian University

Comment

Just in case any more ACUers are still lurking around these parts-----all I got to say is---"fauck you all".

Comment

Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post
                                Just in case any more ACUers are still lurking around these parts-----all I got to say is---"fauck you all".
                                And go UK.. for one round

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X