Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: basketball tourney

NW Missouri goes 38-0, winning the National Championship.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...missouri-state

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
      NW Missouri goes 38-0, winning the National Championship.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...missouri-state
      I would have liked to see the Buffs play them. If we'd have been able to play the quarterfinals at a neutral site...........

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
        I'll give 2 to 1 odds right now, WT wins the LSC next year. Back to back to back.
        Hahaha.

Can you....or anyone....explain what "back to back to back" is...or how that is physically possible?

Back to back, I get. Three consecutive, three, four IN A ROW, etc.... I GET. But beyond "back to back", not so much.

So, if a team wins 10 times consecutively [(or in a row) is it back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back? LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
          Hahaha.

Can you....or anyone....explain what "back to back to back" is...or how that is physically possible?

Back to back, I get. Three consecutive, three, four IN A ROW, etc.... I GET. But beyond "back to back", not so much.

So, if a team wins 10 times consecutively [(or in a row) is it back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back? LMAO!

Give us 8 more years and we'll see. :smile-big:

Comment

I would have liked to see the Buffs play them. If we'd have been able to play the quarterfinals at a neutral site...........
            My friend thought NW would play WT in the championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
              My friend thought NW would play WT in the championship.
              The 7,500 USI crowd seemed to have some effect on WT in the first half. Under the circumstances, being the 2 seed was a huge disadvantage. Still we uncharacteristically only hit 5/25 treys and went, I think, 26/37 from the line, 11 misses. If we'd have shot our average from outside, we'd have made 4 more treys and won the game by 2. USI did a good job of pressuring the perimeter. WT likes to get up 35 or more treys and averages @37% made. That would have been 8 more treys made. Oh, well. It was still a good season, 34-4, considering we started 2 freshmen all year. Buffs will be really good again next year.

Congrats to NW!

Comment

The 7,500 USI crowd seemed to have some effect on WT in the first half. Under the circumstances, being the 2 seed was a huge disadvantage. Still we uncharacteristically only hit 5/25 treys and went, I think, 26/37 from the line, 11 misses. If we'd have shot our average from outside, we'd have made 4 more treys and won the game by 2. USI did a good job of pressuring the perimeter. WT likes to get up 35 or more treys and averages @37% made. That would have been 8 more treys made. Oh, well. It was still a good season, 34-4, considering we started 2 freshmen all year. Buffs will be really good again next year.

Congrats to NW!
                I still have my doubts losing Hall and Quaid. Gach should be replaced without as much trouble. Not saying they won't be good, just not sure they will be able to repeat the last couple years

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                  I still have my doubts losing Hall and Quaid. Gach should be replaced without as much trouble. Not saying they won't be good, just not sure they will be able to repeat the last couple years
                  With those 2 guards running the show I could see WT being very successful for the next few years using a Paul Westhead style run & gun offense/full time, full court press defense.

Comment

I have a lot of faith in Tom Brown and his staff. They will replace Quaid, Gach, and Hall with players as good or better. I bet the Buffs win big again next year.
                    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 04-01-2019, 06:44 PM.

Comment

I have a lot of faith in Tom Brown and his staff. They will replace Quaid, Gach, and Hall with players as good or better. I bet the Buffs win big again next year.
                      :good:
                      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Had no problem replacing Chavlovich.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                          Had no problem replacing Chavlovich.
                          I actually think yall were better this year than last. The offense was more multiple this year whereas last year, WT would go through spurts where David was the only one getting shots. He was a great player, but I think the team was better this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X