Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Mexico starting to loosen the restrictions.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by ASUPops; 05-28-2022, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

nm.

I started this thread to discuss the opening of NM to sports and kids back in school. I'm NOT getting drawn into a discussion again on the disastrous response to this virus on our children.

I'm glad kids get to return, I'm glad they get to play.

I hope the damage is not so much that they cannot over come it.
      But you brought up politics and other nonsense so is that really why you started the thread? Now you backpeddle when get responses from those actually dealing with it. I know you had to change your weekly trip to Walmart, you're so brave, I'm not sure how you've survived but what a miracle.

Comment

So, I assume you don't wear a seat belt or follow any other safety measures? I mean, what's it matter if your life is already predetermined.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

So, I assume you don't wear a seat belt or follow any other safety measures? I mean, what's it matter if your life is already predetermined.
          Your argument has some merit. Although it should be common sense to wear a seat belt I do not think it should be a law. Adults must be treated as adults and make their own decisions. I find it humorous that folks ride around in the back of pickup trucks all the time with no seat belts and no cops ever stop them. Hmmmm that must be so much more safe than riding in the vehicle. Definitely infringes on personal rights and freedoms in my opinion. Heck, I could name a lot of things like smoking that is detrimental to your health but I do not think the government should pass laws to punish you for it.

I do agree that your start and end in life are predetermined. I do not believe as John Calvin would have you in that once saved always saved is that every aspect of your life is predetermined. There are too many scriptures in the NT that warn of back sliding and falling away. So, my belief is that while you are here FREE WILL is given to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Your argument has some merit. Although it should be common sense to wear a seat belt I do not think it should be a law. Adults must be treated as adults and make their own decisions. I find it humorous that folks ride around in the back of pickup trucks all the time with no seat belts and no cops ever stop them. Hmmmm that must be so much more safe than riding in the vehicle. Definitely infringes on personal rights and freedoms in my opinion. Heck, I could name a lot of things like smoking that is detrimental to your health but I do not think the government should pass laws to punish you for it.

I do agree that your start and end in life are predetermined. I do not believe as John Calvin would have you in that once saved always saved is that every aspect of your life is predetermined. There are too many scriptures in the NT that warn of back sliding and falling away. So, my belief is that while you are here FREE WILL is given to us.
            I despise hypocrites more than ANYTHING in this world.

You AND BooHaha read this......

1 Peter 2:13-17

#SMDH

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

#SMDH
              Bro your really going to throw scripture our there like that?

Here is a list of some promenant people who would fail your little test.

Paul and all the apostles, including the author of 1st Peter there...

Tyndale
              The founding fathers
              Slaves who ran away in the south
              MLK

[Live] as free people, [yet] without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but [live at all times] as servants of God.
              1 Peter 2:16 AMPC
              https://bible.com/bible/8/1pe.2.16.AMPC
              Last edited by Boohaha; 02-04-2021, 02:47 PM.
              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

#SMDH
                It is true. Whether or not Biden is senile or not he is our Leader just as it reads in 1 Peter. Whether or not I like it or anyone else does or does not makes no matter as it is God's will. And not many will live as God's slaves either because they do not believe in his authority. Most like to pick and choose what they will abide by. So, you must really loathe those politicians who claim to be Christians yet condone a multitude of sins even the Pope has decided he is smarter than God and is condoning sinful lifestyles.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

It is true. Whether or not Biden is senile or not he is our Leader just as it reads in 1 Peter. Whether or not I like it or anyone else does or does not makes no matter as it is God's will. And not many will live as God's slaves either because they do not believe in his authority. Most like to pick and choose what they will abide by. So, you must really loathe those politicians who claim to be Christians yet condone a multitude of sins even the Pope has decided he is smarter than God and is condoning sinful lifestyles.
                  REREAD 1 Peter 2:13-17. Pay attention to what you are reading. Then read your response again.
                  Last edited by ASUPops; 02-05-2021, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Bro your really going to throw scripture our there like that?

Here is a list of some promenant people who would fail your little test.

Paul and all the apostles, including the author of 1st Peter there...

Tyndale
                    The founding fathers
                    Slaves who ran away in the south
                    MLK

[Live] as free people, [yet] without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but [live at all times] as servants of God.
                    1 Peter 2:16 AMPC
                    https://bible.com/bible/8/1pe.2.16.AMPC
                    So, are you not a believer in GOD, Jesus, and the Word?

.....and, uh, "bro"....that's not my "little test". It appears to be the Word of GOD as written in the New Testament of The Bible. And, should you have an issue with that, take it up with the Author, as I didn't write it.

Oh, and it's adorable how you "Like" every post Techster makes. Don't forget Valentine's Day is coming up. Where is he taking you? 707 ;)
                    Last edited by ASUPops; 02-05-2021, 01:07 AM.

Comment

So, are you not a believer in GOD, Jesus, and the Word?

.....and, uh, "bro"....that's not my "little test". It appears to be the Word of GOD as written in the New Testament of The Bible. And, should you have an issue with that, take it up with the Author, as I didn't write it.

Oh, and it's adorable how you "Like" every post Techster makes. Don't forget Valentine's Day is coming up. Where is he taking you? 707 ;)
                      Im not twisting scripture to fit my political narrative.

Jesus was a rebel, so were his followers.

You imply that the Word teaches absolute devotion and adherence to the decrees of what ever earthly authority is over us. That is not anywhere close to what Christ taught or His word.

I follow the law, it doesn't mean I don't get to question, publicly even the wisdom of our elected officials, or was John the Baptist wrong when he questioned and admonished Herod?

What about the Apostles when they refused to stop preaching, or refused to burn incense to the emperor of Rome. There is a reason why they were all martyred, and why Rome for centuries persecuted the Christians.

Was Tyndale wrong when he translated the Bible into the "vulgar" English?

Were the slaves wrong and sinful when they sought to escape the brutal conditions of the South?

Was MLK wrong and sinful when he led marches and civilly disobeyed and urged others to do the same for Civil Rights?

Are we as a country just the product of sinful and wrong behavior because our fore fathers rebelled against the "rightful and God ordained" King of England and all of Great Britian?

I do not have a quarrel with the Word of God, I do have a problem with someone who misuses and seeks to deceive with it.

We are called to obey the Earthly powers but we are also called to advocate for dignity of all, to seek justice for the poor and down trodden. If that is wrong then you have ALOT of scripture that you just need to ignore because its going to make you very upset.

As far as your last comment about my Liking others comments, Talk about being a hypocrite.

PS.

There is a massive amount of scripture where people openly defied the current Earthly authority and the rebel's were noted as being virtuous and holy. All 12 of the Apostles, Daniel, Elijah, Elisha, Mose's mother...
                      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Im not twisting scripture to fit my political narrative.

Jesus was a rebel, so were his followers.

You imply that the Word teaches absolute devotion and adherence to the decrees of what ever earthly authority is over us. That is not anywhere close to what Christ taught or His word.

I follow the law, it doesn't mean I don't get to question, publicly even the wisdom of our elected officials, or was John the Baptist wrong when he questioned and admonished Herod?

What about the Apostles when they refused to stop preaching, or refused to burn incense to the emperor of Rome. There is a reason why they were all martyred, and why Rome for centuries persecuted the Christians.

Was Tyndale wrong when he translated the Bible into the "vulgar" English?

Were the slaves wrong and sinful when they sought to escape the brutal conditions of the South?

Was MLK wrong and sinful when he led marches and civilly disobeyed and urged others to do the same for Civil Rights?

Are we as a country just the product of sinful and wrong behavior because our fore fathers rebelled against the "rightful and God ordained" King of England and all of Great Britian?

I do not have a quarrel with the Word of God, I do have a problem with someone who misuses and seeks to deceive with it.

We are called to obey the Earthly powers but we are also called to advocate for dignity of all, to seek justice for the poor and down trodden. If that is wrong then you have ALOT of scripture that you just need to ignore because its going to make you very upset.

As far as your last comment about my Liking others comments, Talk about being a hypocrite.

PS.

There is a massive amount of scripture where people openly defied the current Earthly authority and the rebel's were noted as being virtuous and holy. All 12 of the Apostles, Daniel, Elijah, Elisha, Mose's mother...
                        Hey Boohaha.... I ABSOLUTELY implied NOTHING. I said READ 1 Peter 2:13-17. PERIOD.

i did not give my "opinion" on it.....nor my personal interpretation that fiits MY belief or agenda....nothing. You are the one trying to tell me what it does and does not mean. I don't need orcwant YOUR personal interpretation. It is WRITTEN WORD....CLEAR AS DAY. Not parables. No "hidden" meaning. You may not like it ....it may not fit your "agenda". But it says what it says and is what it is. Nothiing more....nothing less.

If you have an issue with what The Bible says, take it up with the Author....not me.

Did I mention my "STRONG disdain" for hypocrites?

Comment

REREAD 1 Peter 2:13-17. Pay attention to what you are reading. Then read your response again.
                          Last edited by Techster88; 02-05-2021, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Hey Boohaha.... I ABSOLUTELY implied NOTHING. I said READ 1 Peter 2:13-17. PERIOD.

i did not give my "opinion" on it.....nor my personal interpretation that fiits MY belief or agenda....nothing. You are the one trying to tell me what it does and does not mean. I don't need orcwant YOUR personal interpretation. It is WRITTEN WORD....CLEAR AS DAY. Not parables. No "hidden" meaning. You may not like it ....it may not fit your "agenda". But it says what it says and is what it is. Nothiing more....nothing less.

If you have an issue with what The Bible says, take it up with the Author....not me.

Did I mention my "STRONG disdain" for hypocrites?

Comment

#SMDH
                              Since we are all reading scripture. Do me a favor and read how and why the Apostle Paul was stoned and left for dead and why and how he ended up in front of King Aggripa before being sent to Rome.

Comment

BULL****!!

YOU and Turb brought up religion/beliefs (John Calviin, etc.). NOT ME.

And you and Boo talk about your Christianity often. AND you both talk about the law of the land often..... 1+1=2

Hence.....my suggestion to read 1 Peter was a REMINDER.

I walked nothiing back. I said what I meant and meant what I said. AND stand by and back every word.

In contrast, when you don't like or agree you resort to name calliing or ATTEMPT to "hurt" with words. You fight like a woman.....trying to bring up past BS. Liike "Mensa Card Holder", etc.... I am sorry that STILL bothers you. Go get tested...and if you qualify you can become a member. It's very simple. But enough with the childish, condescending behavior, ok?
                                Last edited by ASUPops; 02-09-2021, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X