Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

In 2016 Tarleton was 5-6 and WT beat them.

In 2017 Tarleton was 6-6 and WT did lose.

2018 Tarleton was 12-1

2019 Tarleton was 11-1 (last year in LSC)

Like I said, only two good years and that was because 2018 & 2019 they recruited very well due to the fact they were moving up to FCS.

They were nowhere near being the known LSC Powerhouse. No deep playoff runs or natty appearances.

COVID Season (spring 21) they were 5-3. LMAO. What a POWERHOUSE! hahaha.
      I guess you don't consider a 2018 quarterfinal appearance a deep run. When was the last time Angelo State played that far?

Meant to type 2017 instead of 2016. Either way Tarleton has beaten WT and Angelo the last several years to prevent them from going to the playoffs.

Tarleton as a whole is a loss for the conference but helps WT and Angelo get to the playoffs in their absence.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Why?? What am I missing?
        I think he is referring to their back and forth on twitter about facilities or something like that.

Should there not be a year where you go after a team to beat them?

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
          Kind of sad that LSC only has ONE top 25 team. Preseason rankings have some merit I guess.

UTPB seems to be steadily improving and their HC is positive they will be competing for a playoff spot since they toppled MW during Covid.

WT and Angelo should be in the mix as well. I wonder if WT fans will be ok if they miss the playoffs again. To this point tbh I have not been impressed with Hughes. But, to his credit there has been a slow gradual improvement.
          From my perspective they need to make the playoffs. All the tougher games are at home and the 4 road games should be wins (ENMU, UTPB, TAMUK, and Western Oregon) if they want to be a playoff team.

As mentioned on here WT administration is likely to give Hughes slack coming off a covid year unless they finish 3-8 or a similar terrible record.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

From my perspective they need to make the playoffs. All the tougher games are at home and the 4 road games should be wins (ENMU, UTPB, TAMUK, and Western Oregon) if they want to be a playoff team.

As mentioned on here WT administration is likely to give Hughes slack coming off a covid year unless they finish 3-8 or a similar terrible record.
            Why would WT administrators give Hughes a Covid pass for a 9-2 year, if that year included a 7-2 D2 record and missing the playoffs?

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Why would WT administrators give Hughes a Covid pass for a 9-2 year, if that year included a 7-2 D2 record and missing the playoffs?
              I know you know way more than me and in the know. I haven't heard much publicly or on here about him being "officially" on the hot seat. Just my opinion only.

I am part of the crowd that if he cant make the playoffs this year with that schedule setup then its time to move on.

Comment

I guess you don't consider a 2018 quarterfinal appearance a deep run. When was the last time Angelo State played that far?

Meant to type 2017 instead of 2016. Either way Tarleton has beaten WT and Angelo the last several years to prevent them from going to the playoffs.

Tarleton as a whole is a loss for the conference but helps WT and Angelo get to the playoffs in their absence.
                Pops should be dancing in the streets with the departure of Tarleton. They have owned Angelo State in football. I believe Angelo State has only beaten Tarleton two times in the last 15 years. I believe both Angelo wins were when his son played there around 2014.

Nevertheless, you are correct not having them in the conference opens the door for others because the HC that had them winning the conference the last two years in the LSC is still there.

Comment

In order not to head out to Minnesota the Lions will have to win both games for SOS.

Comment

Pops should be dancing in the streets with the departure of Tarleton. They have owned Angelo State in football. I believe Angelo State has only beaten Tarleton two times in the last 15 years. I believe both Angelo wins were when his son played there around 2014.

Nevertheless, you are correct not having them in the conference opens the door for others because the HC that had them winning the conference the last two years in the LSC is still there.
                    ITs a domino effect throughout the landscape. As a Texas A&M Corpus-Christi fan the path has opened up a ton to make the NCAA's in basketball, baseball, etc. in the southland due to SHSU, SFA, Lamar, and ACU leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Tarleton beat New Mexico State and Dixie State. What more proof do you need that they are a D1 POWERHOUSE?
                      Haha

Comment

I know you know way more than me and in the know. I haven't heard much publicly or on here about him being "officially" on the hot seat. Just my opinion only.

I am part of the crowd that if he cant make the playoffs this year with that schedule setup then its time to move on.
                        I have no special knowledge of hot seat/not hot seat.

Some questions are: will Hughes bring home the pork belly this year? We're going into year 5. Have expectations been met? Why should the covid year make any difference? If anything last season was a plus for the Buffs. They got 9 games in, more than any program in the division. Hughes has one of the top 3 stadiums in D2. The program is well funded. He's finally got a top-notch OC as well as DC (what I call Wagner). If he hasn't put it all together by this season, when?

Personally, the least I would find acceptable is 7-2 D2 record and a first round win in the playoffs. Less than that and McBroom may have to do some deep dive explaining if he decides to find a new HC. We understand. The casual fan may not.

Comment

I am NOT a grad of Angelo State. I simply had one son play football for them (I have 4, all at different universities). I had a LITTLE interest while Dr May was there, but no longer.

I understand that my permanent board name is ASUPops, but I have no dog in the fight.

I DO have interest in various LSC programs because I have former players I coached, or family playing for them....or have friends coaching.

This season I have the most interest in TAMUC and will attend most home games..

SOOOOOO attacking Angelo in an attempt to "get at me" is hilarious.
                          Last edited by ASUPops; 06-22-2021, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Right???

Comment

SEE PREVIOUS POST TO Buffalo/Islander Alum.
                              Last edited by ASUPops; 06-22-2021, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I am NOT a grad of Angelo State. I simply had one son play football for them (I have 4, all at different universities). I had a LITTLE interest while Dr May was there, but no longer.

I understand that my permanent board name is ASUPops, but I have no dog in the fight.

I DO have interest in various LSC programs because I have former players I coached, or family playing for them....or have friends coaching.

This season I have the most interest in TAMUC and will attend most home games..

SOOOOOO attacking Angelo in an attempt to "get at me" is hilarious.
                                Spoken like a true politician. You are quick to point out how well Angelo is doing in any given year especially against WT but throw out the "I no longer care about ASU" response when its something negative. LOL.

Since you have missed the point several times my point is Tarleton would have likely been the second team again this year from the LSC in the playoffs just like in 2018 and 2019.

Commerce has been recruiting the same level athletes as Tarleton so is Commerce preparing to go division 1 as well?

Not "attacking" you or Angelo. Simply just banter. I know your game is to argue and try to get under peoples skin.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X