Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Right. So if they want to pay the "Little 12" $70 million, they certainly can leave before the 2025 contract expiration. And with their DEEP pockets, they certainly will.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Unless the Big XII implodes. IMHO this has more of a chance of happening than regrouping.

If they are to regroup, then yes musical chairs will be the theme.

One other dilemma the Big XII will face if they somehow navigate the makeover is will they be considered a power conference? I think not.

Comment

Comment

Big 12 drops....then we have a P4....perfect for play-offs. I think this is the planned endgame.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Big 12 drops....then we have a P4....perfect for play-offs. I think this is the planned endgame.
            Yep. This all being setup for an expanded playoff bracket as UT and OU decided to get ahead of it going into the massive TV contract negotiations going on right now . We might have a 12 or 16 playoff in not so distant future. I could see a scenario where the P4 are guaranteed one or two seeds in a 16 seed format and the remaining eight are set up for at large. They may throw CUSA, MWC, Sun Belt and the AAC a bone a let them have an auto seed for their champ and leave the remaining four to at large pics.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

Yep. This all being setup for an expanded playoff bracket as UT and OU decided to get ahead of it going into the massive TV contract negotiations going on right now . We might have a 12 or 16 playoff in not so distant future. I could see a scenario where the P4 are guaranteed one or two seeds in a 16 seed format and the remaining eight are set up for at large. They may throw CUSA, MWC, Sun Belt and the AAC a bone a let them have an auto seed for their champ and leave the remaining four to at large pics.
                I think P4 may leave NCAA in the future.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X