Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UTPB

Anyone know why they cancelled their game with Simon Fraser? I'm guessing they can't get across the border or COVID troubles, but don't know.

The game is two weeks out. Probably not covid. Probably border issues

Comment

Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
      The game is two weeks out. Probably not covid. Probably border issues
      Since when would a border law keep anyone out of the USA?

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Permian Basin was supposed to go to Canada.

Comment

The announcers from Simon Fraser said that UTPB had already said they would not be making the trip and cancelled the game two weeks from now. Next week would be Simon Fraser senior night because it would be their last home game of the season. Seems early to cancel a game unless they already cancelled their LSC scheduled game next week as well. Has anyone from the LSC heard anything?

Comment

Canadian COVID rules require foreign travelers, including US citizens, to be fully vaccinated to enter their country. This includes amateur sports teams.

Because all players/staff are not fully vaccinated, they are not allowed to enter the country, hence the game was cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Permian Basin was supposed to go to Canada.
              I know. I was just riffing! Still, it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                Canadian COVID rules require foreign travelers, including US citizens, to be fully vaccinated to enter their country. This includes amateur sports teams.

Because all players/staff are not fully vaccinated, they are not allowed to enter the country, hence the game was cancelled.
                So UTPB does not have enough vaccinated players/coaches to make the trip and play? Will it go down as a forfeit?

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat94 View Post

So UTPB does not have enough vaccinated players/coaches to make the trip and play? Will it go down as a forfeit?
                  I don't believe that is an option. This was Canada's doing, not UTPB.

Comment

I have to wonder why they didn't look at moving the game into Blaine or Bellingham (Could have been nice for remaining WWU football fans) as an option. CWU has played games in Western Washington during times smoke makes games impossible in Ellensburg.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                      I have to wonder why they didn't look at moving the game into Blaine or Bellingham (Could have been nice for remaining WWU football fans) as an option. CWU has played games in Western Washington during times smoke makes games impossible in Ellensburg.
                      Can Simon Fraser afford to lose some home game revenue and add travel costs?

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post

Can Simon Fraser afford to lose some home game revenue and add travel costs?
                        Not sure, but both are within about an hour's drive from Surrey, BC. Blaine is much shorter being a border town.

Comment

"The UT Permian Basin Football contest at Simon Fraser has been canceled due to travel related issues with the Canadian border brought on by the COVID pandemic"

https://utpbfalcons.com/news/2021/9/...-canceled.aspx

I heard today that Canada is not allowing ANY amateur athletics to cross the border, vaccinated or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Not sure, but both are within about an hour's drive from Surrey, BC. Blaine is much shorter being a border town.
                            Moving the game was discussed to the point of exhaustion. SF players would not be allowed to return without a quarantine. Damn Canadians.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

LMAO

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X