Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
    Sounds like to me that SFU didn't want to receive another embarrassing butt kicking. UTPB would win that game in Canada, Odessa, Alaska, Mars, etc.

Looks like they are still scheduled to play Angelo State in San Angelo in October. Will be interested to see if they cancel that game as well.
    I have no doubt that UTPB would beat Simon Fraser but UTBP cancelled on them, not the other way around. We were just trying to connect the dots as to why, because our schools have had no issue getting into Canada and back. Simon Fraser has also had no trouble as well. They just played in Idaho with a big surge and no border issues. It is not about winning or losing, but why are some teams able to make it and other teams not. I would not be surprised at all to see Simon Fraser make the San Angelo game because they have had no border issues to this point and they will travel to fulfill the GNAC/LSC alliance agreement.

Sounds like no one has any real answers to a question we just brought up so no worries. We will move on.

Comment

The issue has nothing to do with a team not wanting to play. The only statement released was that the game was cancelled due to Canadian Border issues brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.

You can research here: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat94 View Post

I have no doubt that UTPB would beat Simon Fraser but UTBP cancelled on them, not the other way around. We were just trying to connect the dots as to why, because our schools have had no issue getting into Canada and back. Simon Fraser has also had no trouble as well. They just played in Idaho with a big surge and no border issues. It is not about winning or losing, but why are some teams able to make it and other teams not. I would not be surprised at all to see Simon Fraser make the San Angelo game because they have had no border issues to this point and they will travel to fulfill the GNAC/LSC alliance agreement.

Sounds like no one has any real answers to a question we just brought up so no worries. We will move on.
        It's easy. Canadian border: CLOSED. Mexican border: WIDE OPEN.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

It's easy. Canadian border: CLOSED. Mexican border: WIDE OPEN.
          Our question though is then how does WOU play there tomorrow and CWU last weekend? Only dot I can connect is both are bus trips and UTPB would likely fly into YVR. I do also know that CWU required all players and staff to become vaccinated, which led some to transfer per a CWU release.

Also on Sunday the Canucks play the Kraken in Spokane, another likely bus trip as the Canucks next game they play in Abbotsford, BC where the Utica Comets moved to and that is along the road to get to Spokane if you drive south in Eastern BC.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Our question though is then how does WOU play there tomorrow and CWU last weekend? Only dot I can connect is both are bus trips and UTPB would likely fly into YVR. I do also know that CWU required all players and staff to become vaccinated, which led some to transfer per a CWU release.

Also on Sunday the Canucks play the Kraken in Spokane, another likely bus trip as the Canucks next game they play in Abbotsford, BC where the Utica Comets moved to and that is along the road to get to Spokane if you drive south in Eastern BC.
            Good questions. COVID has skyrocketed in Texas - I'm sure the open border had nothing to do with it (NOT). Perhaps that is part of why the game was canceled.

For more information about the state of the borders, check with Bizarro. He probably understands the "reasoning".

Comment

It surely couldn't be because of idiots not following guidelines, it must be the border 707070. No wonder cases in Florida have been awful too, all that border they have ya know. Y'all Qaeda down there running the show might be the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

You might have hit the nail on the head. Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                  It surely couldn't be because of idiots not following guidelines, it must be the border 707070. No wonder cases in Florida have been awful too, all that border they have ya know. Y'all Qaeda down there running the show might be the problem.
                  "Y'all Qaeda".....7070707070707

Comment

They can get through some how. Video evidence:

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X