Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Compughterratings

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    3 yards and a cloud of dust didn't work. It failed miserably. Didn't have the horses up front and the OC's play-calling was worse than a bad Scott Linehan in your nightmare. I don't know what the new guy will do, but when I talked to him he said a lot of "take what the D gives you," "getting the ball in space to your playmakers," and "being unpredictable," Time to use what works with your personnel rather than trying to fit a size 9 shoe on a size 12 foot. We'll see. It will certainly be interesting to see what the Buff offense looks like in 2019.

Hughes wants to win. Desperately. That's why he changed OC's and probably schemes.
    Yeah it'll be interesting to watch. I don't expect it to be like the air raid days of Don though

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
      Yeah it'll be interesting to watch. I don't expect it to be like the air raid days of Don though
      I expect more of a pro-style offense. We've got some young receivers with deep threat capabilities. I still believe a mobile QB will really open up the offense. That isn't Houghtaling. Maybe Gerber. Maybe the Perez kid. He's back after missing spring. He's very mobile )and big) but may not have the arm strength of Gerber. Since Hughes is safe this year, should he roll the dice on a three year Gerber and go with him? Or hang with Hoiughtaling. It should be a heck of a QB battle in fall practice.

If Carter and Valo are healthy, and throw in Texas transfer Prince Ugwo, who had a very good spring, our RB position will be a highlight. Still it all comes back to the big boys up front. If they don't control the LOS we'll struggle. The new OC can help with that by plays that get rid of the ball quick. mu;title looks, quick hitters, things that never happened with the old OC.
      Last edited by BuffaloChip; 07-24-2019, 07:03 PM.

Comment

3 yards and a cloud of dust didn't work. It failed miserably. Didn't have the horses up front and the OC's play-calling was worse than a bad Scott Linehan in your nightmare. I don't know what the new guy will do, but when I talked to him he said a lot of "take what the D gives you," "getting the ball in space to your playmakers," and "being unpredictable," Time to use what works with your personnel rather than trying to fit a size 9 shoe on a size 12 foot. We'll see. It will certainly be interesting to see what the Buff offense looks like in 2019.

Hughes wants to win. Desperately. That's why he changed OC's and probably schemes.
        That is the stock answer given by EVERY OC from middle school to the pros. Hahaha.

Do you think any OC thinks he is bad and his system sucks? Never heard that in my life. They are ALL innovative...on the edge...new and exciting.....UNTIL they are not.

Good luck, Brown is as green as they come. Wish him the best.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
          That is the stock answer given by EVERY OC from middle school to the pros. Hahaha.

Do you think any OC thinks he is bad and his system sucks? Never heard that in my life. They are ALL innovative...on the edge...new and exciting.....UNTIL they are not.

Good luck, Brown is as green as they come. Wish him the best.
          Yep. He's green. Jeez, though, he couldn't be worse than McDonough was! How green is Moore for the Boys? They've got a hell of a lot more on the line than WT. I really see Moore and Brown's resumes as pretty similar, the level of play being relevant.

Comment

That's interesting that you or should I say Hughes has come full circle. Doesn't sound like the same HC who ran everyone and his brother off when he first got there. Never made an attempt to work with the talent he had. My way or the Highway. My way is just about to get shown the highway if things don't improve drastically.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
              That's interesting that you or should I say Hughes has come full circle. Doesn't sound like the same HC who ran everyone and his brother off when he first got there. Never made an attempt to work with the talent he had. My way or the Highway. My way is just about to get shown the highway if things don't improve drastically.
              It's called two years experience as a HC under your belt. I'm sure he evaluated the direction of the program, a direction he set it off on, and realized change was required. You have to win. You can't wait 5 years to become the 3 yards and a cloud of dust dominant team. You'll never get there if you don't win.......NOW. Win now. Win now. Win now. That's what Hughes needs to do. Hopefully his staff changes will get it done. NOW.

Comment

Perhaps he simply ran off those not willing to put in the work required and he now doesn't have that problem.

Comment

I could see them coming out with a copy of MSU's offense before Rabb, more like the Polk and Kelsey Era's. Sort of like what Angelo ran with Kyle Washington.

- Solid Oline
                  - Tough RBs
                  - Mobile Fast QBs
                  - Only need to be able to throw the ball Max 10 yards

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                    Perhaps he simply ran off those not willing to put in the work required and he now doesn't have that problem.
                    Agreed. Some probably had gotten used to the way things were and needed to go.

Unfortunately, he took it to the next level and pushed a lot out the door that were willing to work. Others he simply never gave them a real opportunity because they were left over from Nesbitt.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
                      I could see them coming out with a copy of MSU's offense before Rabb, more like the Polk and Kelsey Era's. Sort of like what Angelo ran with Kyle Washington.

- Solid Oline
                      - Tough RBs
                      - Mobile Fast QBs

That sounds like a good way to move the chains. I bet the WT D continues to improve. It was pretty decent last year, Tarleton and ENM exepted.

If WT can average 10 more points per game, they should win 8 games.

Comment

Unfortunately, he took it to the next level and pushed a lot out the door that were willing to work. Others he simply never gave them a real opportunity because they were left over from Nesbitt.
                        I think you are correct. Does anyone think that Houghtaling is better than Brinkley or Arbuckle?

Comment

Hopefully some experience has helped him find that balance. I know he was very difficult to work with/for in the past which is never going to lead to success as a HC.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                            Hopefully some experience has helped him find that balance. I know he was very difficult to work with/for in the past which is never going to lead to success as a HC.
                            From my observations he has relaxed quite a bit. Of course I'm not in meetings and at all the practices

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post

- Solid Oline
                              - Tough RBs
                              - Mobile Fast QBs
                              You just described the Cowboys' offense in the Prescott era.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
                                You just described the Cowboys' offense in the Prescott era.
                                Recent playoff records are about the same....oh wait I'm not supposed to say that.

Go Stangs

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X