Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Commerce going Division I

From what I understand, schools that make a change into Division I are not postseason eligible for playoffs in Football or in Basketball for 4 years. If this is true, this could be huge trouble. Who is going to want to play for a team that cant win a national championship?

Exactly what we are experiencing right now. JUCO recruits don't want to come to a non-competitor. We thrive on that until we are playoff eligible and can recruit kids to stay here for four years.

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
      Exactly what we are experiencing right now. JUCO recruits don't want to come to a non-competitor. We thrive on that until we are playoff eligible and can recruit kids to stay here for four years.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLionWire View Post
        From what I understand, schools that make a change into Division I are not postseason eligible for playoffs in Football or in Basketball for 4 years. If this is true, this could be huge trouble. Who is going to want to play for a team that cant win a national championship?

Comment

In the LONG run. I think it is a good move for TAMUC. They recruit DFW well. Now with Tarleton, SFA, ACU and SHSU all in the WAC, MANY DFW recruits that would have gone to one of those schools will pick TAMUC because they ARE in the Southland. Players are wanting to stay closer to home now and play closer to home so family can attend games.

This was a very good strategic move for TAMUC. Watch and see!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
              In the LONG run. I think it is a good move for TAMUC. They recruit DFW well. Now with Tarleton, SFA, ACU and SHSU all in the WAC, MANY DFW recruits that would have gone to one of those schools will pick TAMUC because they ARE in the Southland. Players are wanting to stay closer to home now and play closer to home so family can attend games.

This was a very good strategic move for TAMUC. Watch and see!

Comment

Comment

Comment

North Dakota State men's basketball redshirted their entire senior class in their fourth reclassifying year. They made the NCAA Tournament in their first year eligible.

Comment

NCAA and common sense are not often in the same sentence.

Comment

Comment

As an alum of a school who went through the transition (and didnt make it) - the transition period allows a school to ramp up their scholarship without them being overwhelmed. It also allows them to back out of the process if they want to. Theres a big difference in requirements between D2 and D1, and the NCAA wants to see if the school can comply with the new requirements (or else leave them in the lower division.

Comment

There are always gonna be skeptics, naysayers, and pessimistic people. More so than optimistic people.

I DO NOT like FCS football. Never have......BUT, of all the Texas schools that moved from DII to FCS, I think TAMUC's move makes the absolute most sense. And I think they are going to have the most success. That's my opinion, agree or not.

Just wish Colby would have stayed around and moved the team up.

Comment

Originally posted by gr8ness97 View Post

As an alum of a school who went through the transition (and didnt make it) - the transition period allows a school to ramp up their scholarship without them being overwhelmed. It also allows them to back out of the process if they want to. Theres a big difference in requirements between D2 and D1, and the NCAA wants to see if the school can comply with the new requirements (or else leave them in the lower division.
                              Thanks for the explanation. Makes some sense when stated like this. Three years would seem like an adequate period or some sort of interim review. At least it would give an incoming Freshmen class (assuming little to no red shirts) a shot to compete for championships by year four.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X