Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nobody special
    replied
    You are all amazing, successful, and the best at what you do.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

You basically said scouting is better and harder than Football. And how one doesn't need football. Many disagreed. Both are great to me. But football is MUCH harder and taught me 10 times more than scouting.

FYI.....Only 2% of HS athletes get scholarships. It's not an easy task.
    I just feel like jumping in without context :)

Many college athletes are not on athletic scholarships.

Leave a comment:

• OPSUALUM77&81
    replied

You basically said scouting is better and harder than Football. And how one doesn't need football. Many disagreed. Both are great to me. But football is MUCH harder and taught me 10 times more than scouting.

Scouting IS better than sports. So is 4-H. And FFA. And any other program that teaches a kid about the game of life and allows for participation of both the child and the parent. See, your kid will remember and appreciate that you followed them to their games. But, you will be up there in the bleachers. Your kid will be on the field. In these other programs, you can be on the field WITH your kid. For you and your kid, that is huge.

I've had Eagle Scouts play all the sports in high school and some that played college ball. They tell me how much better in the game of life becoming an Eagle Scout is than playing sports. A told me he thinks being an Eagle Scout is the reason he got into pharmacy school. L told me about the time in chiropractic school, the professor started talking about Eagle Scouts. L raised his hand and said "I'm an Eagle Scout". The professor took him under his wings and spent extra time with him, because he is an Eagle Scout. I have three sons and two grandsons that are Eagle Scouts and they tell me how much being an Eagle has benefitted them. Heck, being an Eagle Scout still benefits me at 66 years of age. It still opens doors for me. Very few people would truly care if I played college ball.

I'm done.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by OPSUALUM77&81 View Post
    I agree that college athletes are getting many more jobs than Eagle Scouts do. There are many, many, many more college athletes produced each year than Eagle Scouts. Something like 5% of all Scouts make Eagle. It's not an easy task.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    I agree that college athletes are getting many more jobs than Eagle Scouts do. There are many, many, many more college athletes produced each year than Eagle Scouts. Something like 5% of all Scouts make Eagle. It's not an easy task.
    Eagle Scouts are great.

That wasn't your statement. Your statement was Boy Scouts, or I guess just Scouts now, are more benefical than Football.

Only 2% of HS athletes get scholarships. It's not an easy task. ;)

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Perhaps some of you are delusional. ;)
    Who? What? Me? 7070707

Leave a comment:

• OPSUALUM77&81
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WT_TKW
    replied

I am not sure what was happening with quotes. But they were all off. Lol.
    Perhaps some of you are delusional. ;)

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied
    Originally posted by UNA_Texan View Post

We do seem to be responding to ourselves!
    I am not sure what was happening with quotes. But they were all off. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• UNA_Texan
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
    I think someone started it by quoting inside the quote and went from there.
    We do seem to be responding to ourselves!

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    I think someone started it by quoting inside the quote and went from there.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    What is even going on with people attempting to quote here?

Leave a comment:

• UNA_Texan
    replied
    Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

My daughter had a schedule like your talking about all 4 years as a student athlete. I have no idea how she graduated with a high GPA in Accounting. I always thought she would enjoy traveling all over the US. She said it was the part she hated the most.
    I had to make a choice my last year and a half. I could not fit the team requirements into the very rigid schedule require for upperclassmen. Though, dropping the scholarship meant that I worked full-time from 11p-7am in order to pay my way. The schedule the last 1.5 years was classes from 7a-some days 8 or 9p Tue-Fri. No way to fit a training schedule into that.

Leave a comment:

• Techster88
    replied

Mine is a small firm. I always had a small staff. They each got to see all phases of the accounting process and were exposed to many client matters. Accordingly, they became very well-rounded. Working for a big firm, if you are stuck in auditing for example, you might travel a lot. That is all you are exposed to. I wonder if they are so wrapped-up in the project, possibly far away from home, they miss the opportunity to explore the uniqueness of each city.

I have downsized. I work partly from home, partly from a 100 sq ft office where I meet with clients. At my age and my client base, it's a good gig. I closed the doors early Friday and took Cub Scouts to Spook-O-Ree at Camp Don Harrington northeast of Canyon, Texas. It was a blast!
    My bad if I misled. She hated traveling as a student athlete.

Leave a comment:

• OPSUALUM77&81
    replied
    Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

My daughter had a schedule like your talking about all 4 years as a student athlete. I have no idea how she graduated with a high GPA in Accounting. I always thought she would enjoy traveling all over the US. She said it was the part she hated the most.
    Mine is a small firm. I always had a small staff. They each got to see all phases of the accounting process and were exposed to many client matters. Accordingly, they became very well-rounded. Working for a big firm, if you are stuck in auditing for example, you might travel a lot. That is all you are exposed to. I wonder if they are so wrapped-up in the project, possibly far away from home, they miss the opportunity to explore the uniqueness of each city.

I have downsized. I work partly from home, partly from a 100 sq ft office where I meet with clients. At my age and my client base, it's a good gig. I closed the doors early Friday and took Cub Scouts to Spook-O-Ree at Camp Don Harrington northeast of Canyon, Texas. It was a blast!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X