Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UNA_Texan View Post

Hey Chip. Glad to see you on here!
    Thanks, Tex! I'm going to WT BB this weekend.

Just got out of 10 days in hospital (after 2 days sick at home), 7 in ICU. Out of nowhere, I had an attack of gastritis. GI doc pumped out 4 liters of blood. Vitals sucked, like 65/40 BP after the endoscopy. Took several days to get stabilized and lot's of blood replacement. Had a damn nasal gastric tube and pump in for 5 loooong days. No food for 10 days and little liquid before clear liquids last 2 days. Man I was glad to get home last Friday!!! Ready to go to work and regain lost strength.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Just got out of 10 days in hospital (after 2 days sick at home), 7 in ICU. Out of nowhere, I had an attack of gastritis. GI doc pumped out 4 liters of blood. Vitals sucked, like 65/40 BP after the endoscopy. Took several days to get stabilized and lot's of blood replacement. Had a damn nasal gastric tube and pump in for 5 loooong days. No food for 10 days and little liquid before clear liquids last 2 days. Man I was glad to get home last Friday!!! Ready to go to work and regain lost strength.
      Wow, sorry you had such a rough time, but I'm glad you are much better!

Comment

Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

Osteomyelitis is nothing to fool around with. When you travel overseas do you buy (or already have) medical/hospitalization/evacuation insurance to cover any and all medical situations?

The reason I ask is the family wants to do a Med cruise next year. I think I'll be able to do it fall of '22.

Comment

Osteomyelitis is nothing to fool around with. When you travel overseas do you buy (or already have) medical/hospitalization/evacuation insurance to cover any and all medical situations?

The reason I ask is the family wants to do a Med cruise next year. I think I'll be able to do it fall of '22.
            I always buy that when I cruise. When I booked a 15 day cruise with MSC a few days ago, they required me to buy the regular insurance + COVID coverage. I could buy it anywhere but they had one for $160 that I got just because it was easier. MSC will not let you board without that coverage, and it's required no later than your final payment. I didn't have that requirement when I cruised RC recently.

The Med is great, but Barcelona is the best. Don't miss it.

Comment

Ok! You win. I was feeling bad about being in the cast boot again, which I have worn on and off for 3 years. This time due to infection. Have to have an MRI to rule out osteomyelitis. It was supposed to be today, but the antibiotics are tearing my gut up
              Take Align or eat 100% Greek Yogurt. Or BOTH!

They will help immensely

Comment

Comment

Hey Chip. Glad to see you on here!
                  Tex, what do you know about the drug Reglan? It's supposed to get my intestines working again. NP had them come and do an abdominal set of x-rays Thur. It showed the intestines "full" (constipated). I'm bloated beyond recognition. 3 weeks ago I could easily buckle up in my shower chair. This Wed we tried and tried, but I was a good 8" bigger girth than I was before. Crazy, man!

So, Reglan?

Comment

Tex, what do you know about the drug Reglan? It's supposed to get my intestines working again. NP had them come and do an abdominal set of x-rays Thur. It showed the intestines "full" (constipated). I'm bloated beyond recognition. 3 weeks ago I could easily buckle up in my shower chair. This Wed we tried and tried, but I was a good 8" bigger girth than I was before. Crazy, man!

So, Reglan?
                    I believe its anti nausea. Same as Metoclopramide. I will let someone else confirm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I believe its anti nausea. Same as Metoclopramide. I will let someone else confirm.
                      Originally developed for GERD, metoclopramide is an anti-emetic (vomiting) and a gut motility stimulator.

In patients who have T-level injuries resulting in gastroparesis, it can help stimulate the movement of fecal wastes through the bowels.

BC, as for my opinion, it is worth a try

Comment

• Originally posted by UNA_Texan View Post

Originally developed for GERD, metoclopramide is an anti-emetic (vomiting) and a gut motility stimulator.

In patients who have T-level injuries resulting in gastroparesis, it can help stimulate the movement of fecal wastes through the bowels.

BC, as for my opinion, it is worth a try
                        Which medical school did you graduate from?

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Which medical school did you graduate from?

Comment

• Received PA from UT Southwestern. ND from Bastyr.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Received PA from UT Southwestern. ND from Bastyr.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X