Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are You Ready For Some Football?

Commerce runs the table regular season this year. You heard it here first.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
      Yep, I know I spent a lot of money in freakin Minnesota that year. But the mummy exhibition in KC before the game was worth it. Walleye and cheese curds wasnt bad either.
      Could be the case again this year, MSU-Mankato will certainly be considered the team to beat in SR4

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
        My inclination is that Tarleton will be down some this year and may under perform. They may have a lot returning but they lost a lot of top notch talent. Commerce and Midwestern will battle it out in my opinion with Commerce being my favorite to win. ASU and ENMU may both be way better than predicted. WT is still an unknown to me until I see who is for sure returning from last year and what replacements transferred in. I think there are a couple of DL that aren't listed yet. Health at RB and QB play will make or break this year imo. We shall see.
        I wouldn't bet on that. They still are deep at the receiver and RB positions. QB shows to be on 2019 roster with more talent to back him up. Tarleton was learning how to win last year. They won't be as tight and expectations are through the roof coming into this season. They are deep just about everywhere. Only place that may take time or may not come together is the O Line. But, they have a solid O line coach so I wouldn't bet on it.

MW needs more size on defense if they are to stop the ground game of Tarleton. They are well coached so that helps, but loss of QB will be a set back IMO.

Lions have what it takes if they find a QB after the departure of Kane. My biggest concern is how well will they be prepared under Bailiff. TAMUC has lost more than Colby at key coaching spots. When I think back to how he coached the last three years at Rice, it went from bad to worse to I need to hold my nose this stinks so bad. He is a good guy but I question to how competitive he actually is. He definitely can baffle you when you listen to his pre and post game interviews.

Comment

Commerce runs the table regular season this year. You heard it here first.
          If Carthel was still there I would be the first to agree. Not so with Bailiff. Heartbreak hotel this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
            If Carthel was still there I would be the first to agree. Not so with Bailiff. Heartbreak hotel this year.
            I've had conversations with the dc and oc. Disagree.

Comment

Well, I'm pulling for you Jake but the realist in me sees things differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                Well, I'm pulling for you Jake but the realist in me sees things differently.
                I'm not sure anyone gets how good this defense will be this year. And our offense is loaded with upperclassmen. Wait and see.

Comment

Wait, the OC and DC for Commerce are saying Commerce will be Conference Champs? How am I not surprised?

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
                    Midwestern showed up...the kicker didn't....
                    True, but kickers aren't really football players.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
                      Wait, the OC and DC for Commerce are saying Commerce will be Conference Champs? How am I not surprised?
                      They did not say that.

Comment

They did not say that.
                        So what did they say?

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
                          So what did they say?
                          Call em and ask, or watch what happens on the field. I am totally comfortable in the fact that the product will match their personalities, and that's enough for me. Just hope you have a mobile qb and a great dl.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                            Did they show up against an extremely one dimensional Pueblo team in 2015? Or in either recent playoff game that they gave up 60+?
                            So, a team with a lesser record in an inferior conference gets the nod over a team with one more loss in a superior conference?

Comment

Call em and ask, or watch what happens on the field. I am totally comfortable in the fact that the product will match their personalities, and that's enough for me. Just hope you have a mobile qb and a great dl.
                              I'm not saying Commerce won't be a challenge. Just saying coaches complimenting their teams should be taken with a grain of salt.

Comment

I'm not sure anyone gets how good this defense will be this year. And our offense is loaded with upperclassmen. Wait and see.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X