X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are You Ready For Some Football?

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
    Who would you have left out? Why?
    AP should have been left out. That would have spared us all that miserable beat down Tarleton gave them.

Comment

That's one of the reasons I've been feeling a little better heading into this season as opposed to what I might have thought in years past bringing in a new qb. If you think back to early last season, we had just about the worst QB situation I've ever seen and the defense was still good enough to win us games. I'd be SHOCKED if our qb play is anywhere near as bad as the first half of last season. There's just too many options there. Last season was so odd.....the Wheeler decision to start was confusing, and Wilson never really got on track either. After so many years of great qb play we didn't have one on the roster ready to take over and succeed. The entire season was built around a stout defense and special teams.
      Hopefully this year will have better qb play.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
        That's one of the reasons I've been feeling a little better heading into this season as opposed to what I might have thought in years past bringing in a new qb. If you think back to early last season, we had just about the worst QB situation I've ever seen and the defense was still good enough to win us games. I'd be SHOCKED if our qb play is anywhere near as bad as the first half of last season. There's just too many options there. Last season was so odd.....the Wheeler decision to start was confusing, and Wilson never really got on track either. After so many years of great qb play we didn't have one on the roster ready to take over and succeed. The entire season was built around a stout defense and special teams.
        Hopefully this year will have better qb play.
        IF Wt can get good QB play we will surprise some people, that's a big if.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
            Azusa Pacific. 8-4 isn't deserving of a playoff spot for me
            Maybe, but they were 8-3 when selected for the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
              AP should have been left out. That would have spared us all that miserable beat down Tarleton gave them.
              So any playoff blowout means a team shouldn't have been there? I dunno, others should've done what they were supposed to on the field and they'd be in. Midwestern knows playoff criteria and scheduled 10 D2 games, that's on them.

Comment

Maybe, but they were 8-3 when selected for the playoffs.
                Ok. One more loss than the team they were chosen over.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
                  Ok. One more loss than the team they were chosen over.
                  Midwestern choked. Beat Commerce and they're in. Besides, they've liked to give up 60+ points in their own blowout losses during the playoffs lately.

Comment

Midwestern choked. Beat Commerce and they're in. Besides, they've liked to give up 60+ points in their own blowout losses during the playoffs lately.
                    Still more deserving than 58-0 APU.

Comment

Comment

I've heard he got the year of eligibility as well. He should be back this year, but if he's not, I think there's plenty of talent to take his place.

Comment

Great news is moving forward GNAC schools will be playing LSC schools so now it will be up to voters to let some undeserving team from the RMAC in.

Comment

Kind of like your Puppies did in 2016 against Mines? 21-57? :tongue:

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                              Like I said....there will be two teams that surpise....one will perform better than expected and one far worse than expected. I may shed light in a few weeks.
                              My inclination is that Tarleton will be down some this year and may under perform. They may have a lot returning but they lost a lot of top notch talent. Commerce and Midwestern will battle it out in my opinion with Commerce being my favorite to win. ASU and ENMU may both be way better than predicted. WT is still an unknown to me until I see who is for sure returning from last year and what replacements transferred in. I think there are a couple of DL that aren't listed yet. Health at RB and QB play will make or break this year imo. We shall see.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X