Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSC/GNAC Merger?

The "What will happen to D2" thread in the LSC forum has recent posts discussing a merger. Any GNACers hearing anything?

I question if the LSC teams will want to travel that much, but they do need more teams as more schools are leaving for D1 FCS.

Comment

This is an interesting thought similar to when CWU and WWU went NCC for football. For travel, SFU has an international airport right there for direct flights in YVR although I wonder if there could be passport issues especially after the UTPB/SFU game got cancelled.

This sounds the next logical step with Commerce moving up and there already being a scheduling alliance in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
        The "What will happen to D2" thread in the LSC forum has recent posts discussing a merger. Any GNACers hearing anything?
        I think we'll hear something at the end of the regular season on the positive side of things for the 3 remaining Universities. With Covid19 many programs are hurting financially in the Big Sky. I think some of those programs held things up. I've heard of 2 to 4 Universities in Big Sky that are still looking at moving down to D2.

Comment

Originally posted by the tav View Post

I think we'll hear something at the end of the regular season on the positive side of things for the 3 remaining Universities. With Covid19 many programs are hurting financially in the Big Sky. I think some of those programs held things up. I've heard of 2 to 4 Universities in Big Sky that are still looking at moving down to D2.
          Which ones? I know Eastern's consultant threw the idea out there, but they rejected it.

Comment

Idaho State and Southern Utah. Weber State and Portland are trying to survive

Comment

Southern Utah and Weber State going D2 right as Dixie State is fully admitted to D1 would be funny.

Comment

Wow.

Weber and SUU on the heels of Utah Tech moving up.

Weber was an original Big Sky member.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Wow.

Weber and SUU on the heels of Utah Tech moving up.

Weber was an original Big Sky member.
                  I think there will be potential fall out at some point. With lost revenue from Covid19 they were left scrambling. If there wasn't going to be a season this year it would've been devastating. They've bought themselves 2 or 3 more years to stay in the Big Sky and figure out if it's worth it financially. Eastern Washington was even looking at it financially

Comment

Comment

I'm not sure I like the idea of a city the size of Portland without anything above HS football. That would also just leave the University of Portland in D1 for the whole metro area too who recently took EWU's basketball coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I'm not sure I like the idea of a city the size of Portland without anything above HS football. That would also just leave the University of Portland in D1 for the whole metro area too who recently took EWU's basketball coach.

Comment

Yeah, I remember TAMUK playing PSU several times. Great competition. With TAMUC leaving us for d1 and SFU, Western Oregon & Central Washington U already competing with the LSC teams, I think the LSC welcome mat will be there. Go Javelinas!

Comment

Has Northern Colorado's football team had a winning record since moving to FCS 20 years ago? IDK about other sports, but UNC hasn't been a player in football. Its field holds 8k, not much there to my knowledge in terms of facility improvements beyond adding a few thousand more stands 15 ish years ago? I've always liked UNC, my cousin was an OLineman on their D2 natty teams in 1996 and 1997. Seems like the RMAC or a midwest league would welcome them.

Heard about SUU. I think PSU would kill off football rather than drop down. I just can't see EWU dropping since they're a national player for 15+ years now in football, just went to the Big Dance in men's bball.

Unfair to SFU, but I'm wondering if they'll be forced to play in Bellingham to reduce the international aspect. Yes, they just built a stadium, but I believe that was more soccer oriented than football. Both men's/women's programs are good.

Comment

If there was another season with no folks in the stands or no season at all. It would've been devastating financially. That's why many of them looked at other options to survive. I do know that things were in limbo for a season going into August because my daughter was told by her coach that the State leader was looking at only having a season for the NCAA D1 Universities. The truth is many of the these Universities in the Big Sky are trash across the board in Sports at the FCS/D1 level. University of Idaho and Idaho State are trash among other's. But it's about big hoop dreams.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X