Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

And CWfenn covering the GNAC. I've enjoyed him covering the GNAC this year and and want to give him a huge Thank You. I'm sure this will be in next week's column too with a good bye.
    Appreciate it, thank you. I've enjoyed writing about the teams and interacting with you on the forum too. Maybe this is the end, maybe not...As far as I can tell, there's no one covering the LSC right now, so maybe I might do that next year? Would Texans be OK with somebody from New England writing about their teams? If it helps, I never really had a Boston accent and I can talk about the Red Sox somewhere else. Oh, and I never was a Patriots fan either (no, wait, I'm a Giants fan, so that's actually worse, sorry).

I'm certainly going to mention the transition in next week's column, but I'm working on a season-end recap to run whenever the playoff run ends (hopefully in December after CWU and New Haven play in the national semifinals?) and I will cover it in more detail then.

I don't know about affiliate broadcasts - When LIU-Post was an affiliate in the NE10, they had their own broadcasts for a while and then the NE10 centralized all broadcasts. Couldn't tell you how it will turn out with the LSC.

It's a mutual benefit for all the LSC teams, old and new. The RMAC would have been better geographically, but they have no needs right now.

Comment

Those in Texas and New Mexico have 9 months to get vaccinated and passports to get into Canada

Comment

Originally posted by the tav View Post
        Those in Texas and New Mexico have 9 months to get vaccinated and passports to get into Canada
        If they drive won't Expanded Licenses work? I know Texas has them as a border state.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

If they drive won't Expanded Licenses work? I know Texas has them as a border state.
          True. :-) Then they just need the jab.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Nailed it

Doing some quick math, the schools will need to increase their budgets for over $500M.
            Well they have to travel someplace no? Is that a delta over the typical schedule for, say this year, or an estimate for games between the 2 conferences. I suspect that it's the LSC's travel budgets that would increase, but even then, they've traveled up north and west.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Well they have to travel someplace no? Is that a delta over the typical schedule for, say this year, or an estimate for games between the 2 conferences. I suspect that it's the LSC's travel budgets that would increase, but even then, they've traveled up north and west.
              CWU traveled to NM twice this year. I figure there will be at least three more. There are scheduling tricks that could be done to mitigate in the early season. Each school is basically exchanging two bus trip games for three flight trip games.

Yep, LSC will have to increase travel budgets.
              Last edited by Runnin' Cat; 11-19-2021, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Maybe. Bigger question is how are we going to post in Texan? I am too old to learn a new language.
                Underrated comment lol. Nice!

Comment

CWU traveled to NM twice this year. I figure there will be at least three more. There are scheduling tricks that could be done to mitigate in the early season. Each school is basically exchanging two bus trip games for three flight trip games.

Yep, LSC will have to increase travel budgets.
                  I was thinking more 1-2 games alternating each year. If CWU plays SFU at home and WOU on the road that leaves 7 more conference games with 3/4 on the road and 3/4 at home. Of course that make too much sense to schedule that way. For the old LSC teams, they travel 1/2 games to the Pacific Northwest with it alternating each year.

Comment

We discuss the travel on my podcast. We called CWU AD Dennis Francois (he called in from KCMO, he's there for the game). I'll post it when it's ready.

Comment

I think this will be a huge recruiting win for Simon Fraser, Western Oregon and Central Washington. Stability of the Conference will be very attractive. But, the number one thing that's going to attract the recruits believe it or not it's going to be air travel to games in Texas and New Mexico. Kids are going to love that along with exposure they'll be getting now in the conference. For many of them this will be there first time on a aircraft. You could sell this to recruits that they're going to be big time in a small program. I'm assuming more JC and Drop Down athletes will be attracted to the Conference.
                      Last edited by the tav; 11-19-2021, 01:03 PM.

Comment

100% agree with you tav and CWU AD Dennis Francois says the same thing.

Check out Kittitas Valley Sports Talk wherever you listen to podcasts. We uploaded it this morning. We spent 25 minutes with Francois (pod is an hour, 10 minute opener, 25 with Francois, another 15 discussing Saturday's game, then 10 minutes of random stuff).

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post
                          100% agree with you tav and CWU AD Dennis Francois says the same thing.

Check out Kittitas Valley Sports Talk wherever you listen to podcasts. We uploaded it this morning. We spent 25 minutes with Francois (pod is an hour, 10 minute opener, 25 with Francois, another 15 discussing Saturday's game, then 10 minutes of random stuff).
                          What's the link? Thanks :-)

Comment

Originally posted by the tav View Post

What's the link? Thanks :-)
                            There are a few, it seems:

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...BvZGNhc3QvcnNz

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...k/id1480706212

https://open.spotify.com/show/4LJa09RMlDGWR6TqUO9LbE

Goods - Not to nitpick, but you need a link to your podcast on your Twitter page.

Comment

I'm just the pretty face for marketing...... but i will forward the suggestion.

And I agree.

Comment

Okay it's been along day and weekend. Thoughts on the loss the Bearcats are a really good team. Bearcats starters were pretty much Seniors and Juniors. Central was the opposite loaded with Freshman ( 58 Freshman on the roster.) and Sophomores and it's good for them to be taken to the woodshed like that. In hindsight I bet they wish they would've been more aggressive in play calling in the first few drives pushing the ball down field. But, this has been a great week man! We have a Conference now!!!!!!! No more round robin. I'm grateful that WOU and SFU stayed in the fight to keep football when Humboldt State and APU didn't have the balls to put up the fight. It's Karma to see that dropping football the other programs have struggled to be competitive with all that money they saved by dropping football. The program that I believe that's gonna benefit the most of the 3 teams I believe will be SFU I think this will huge for them recruiting getting Canadian kids that were hesitant to play in a conference with 3 teams and lack of stability of the Conference. I bet they out recruit the University of British Columbia for the first time getting those recruits wanting to now play in the NCAA because of player exposure over playing in the CIS. Anyway, looking forward to the great work Wildcat Nation does on all his recruiting updates. Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving.
                                Last edited by the tav; 11-21-2021, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X