Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Could Vince Lombardi win a championship with 7 players on the field??? That's not even a real question. It's a manipulated question.

Could Nick Saban take rhe HC job at Kansas and build a winning program? 100% ABSOLUTELY YES.

A WINNER IS A WINNER IS A WINNER.
    If true winners win everywhere, why did Nick Saban sh!t the bed so bad with the Dolphins that he ran off and quit on them?

Comment

Could Vince Lombardi win a championship with 7 players on the field??? That's not even a real question. It's a manipulated question.

Could Nick Saban take rhe HC job at Kansas and build a winning program? 100% ABSOLUTELY YES.

Saban would NEVER take the Kansas job. Like you said he is a winner and no way do you go to a school like Kansas who cares little about football. Insight into history and Bear Bryant Kentucky stint keeps talented coaches away from schools like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

If true winners win everywhere, why did Nick Saban sh!t the bed so bad with the Dolphins that he ran off and quit on them?
        Question asked was "Could Nick Saban win the BIG 12 as the Kansas head coach with their current talent?"

My response: "Could Nick Saban take rhe HC job at Kansas and build a winning program? 100% ABSOLUTELY YES."

Saban went 9-7 at Miami, year one and just missed tge play-offs (hardly "sh!t the bed"). Entering season 2 Saban wanted to sign Drew Brees, but Wayne Huizenga fought him hard on that signing. Huizenga instead signed Daunte Culpepper. Culpepper never worked out and Saban had his worst season as a HC. (*sh!t the bed = Hulzenga)

Then after the season Bama offered him $37+ M making him the highest paid coach in football at any level.

So.....WHY did Saban leave Miami? There are $37 million reasons.

NEXT.......

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

Saban would NEVER take the Kansas job. Like you said he is a winner and no way do you go to a school like Kansas who cares little about football. Insight into history and Bear Bryant Kentucky stint keeps talented coaches away from schools like this.
          The question was COULD.....not would.

Comment

IMHO, IF they are TRUE WINNERS, they will not lose anywhere.

The problem, VERY few HCs are TRUE WINNERS.
            Agree. And WT had 2 of them on staff and administration ran them off due to ego. In the end, it was this administration or the Carthels. As my kids say, they chose poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

Agree. And WT had 2 of them on staff and administration ran them off due to ego. In the end, it was this administration or the Carthels. As my kids say, they chose poorly.
              Yes, it wasn't about Ranger tickets. A few months later the head basketball coach walked out midseason. Do I remember that correctly, BB fans? Isn't he an AD somewhere now?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
                  Coach Carthel never recruited for softball. We have an administration that backs athletics across the board, and it has an impact.
                  This is true, but WT's top softball assistant went to Commerce. Why? Because her husband left WT to join Colby as the Co-Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks coach. Jared and Christina May.

I agree that your administration is far superior to WT's.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Yes, it wasn't about Ranger tickets. A few months later the head basketball coach walked out midseason. Do I remember that correctly, BB fans? Isn't he an AD somewhere now?
                    It was time for Rick Cooper to leave. (past time, really) He left after the season started to insure that his assistant, Patel, was given a chance to coach. Patel didn't do well at Wt, he has done well after he left WT. We now have Brown who is the best coach in the LSC.

Rick leaving had nothing to do with the administration or the AD. Rick became the AD at Wayland Baptist where he played BB. He is currently the director of basketball operations at Texas Tech.
                    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

This is true, but WT's top softball assistant went to Commerce. Why? Because her husband left WT to join Colby as the Co-Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks coach. Jared and Christina May.

I agree that your administration is far superior to WT's.
                      No
                      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post

I disagree, and I think this viewpoint assumes the only thing that matters overall is the head coach. The former WT coach is winning at the lower tier program, so why is that?
                        If you consider a 41-23 record "WINNING", GOD bless. LMAO 70707070707.

Of course owners (Pros), admins (college) can destroy ANY program. That's a gimme. We are not talking about that. We are talking about hEAD COACHES. Majority of which are bad or mediocre at best. What has TAMUC won since Colby moved on?? Case in point.

A GREAT football head coach WILL surround himself with top coordinators & assistants. They will be the best recruiters and they don't need the "bank" to win.

Agree or disagree, it really doesn't make a difference to me. Because I KNOW EXACTLY what I am talking about. Those that played and coached know EXACTLY what I am talking about. Those that haven't are just giving opinions and/or lip service.

A WINNER IS A WINNER IS A WINNER. PERIOD.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

For the investments WT has made in FB, we should find the coach that can make that 100-28 happen.
                          I agree with this idea. The dynamics and expectations of a job change a lot when a university makes a large commitment.

Comment

If you consider a 41-23 record "WINNING", GOD bless. LMAO 70707070707.

Of course owners (Pros), admins (college) can destroy ANY program. That's a gimme. We are not talking about that. We are talking about hEAD COACHES. Majority of which are bad or mediocre at best. What has TAMUC won since Colby moved on?? Case in point.

A GREAT football head coach WILL surround himself with top coordinators & assistants. They will be the best recruiters and they don't need the "bank" to win.

Agree or disagree, it really doesn't make a difference to me. Because I KNOW EXACTLY what I am talking about. Those that played and coached know EXACTLY what I am talking about. Those that haven't are just giving opinions and/or lip service.

A WINNER IS A WINNER IS A WINNER. PERIOD.
                            Not trying to start a fight here but was the TAMUC current coach first winning with Colby's recruits and now having a tough time now that his recruits are taking center stage?

Comment

Rick Cooper decided to retire about 6 games into the season. Rick was exhausted and completely burned out. He told me he should have quit 2 or 3 seasons earlier. He was NOT having any fun and was FINISHED. It had nothing to do with the AD or the Administration. It was all Rick.

Yes, he was hired by his college playing school, Wayland Baptist, for 6 years as AD. He was hired this year by Mark Adams, his old Wayland coach and the WT coach he followed at WT, as Tx Tech Director of BB Operations.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post

One of the reasons WT hangs it's hat today on the Carthel removal was Cathel's 22% graduation rate. Way below expectations and directives. If Carhel had hit a 50% graduation rate, most of those NFL type recruits to WT would never have made it into WT in the first place.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X