Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah they were touting those guards all night and no one wanted to take that last shot. It was hard to watch.

Thanks for the Islanders congrats. Long wait from watching the program get gutted after that last NCAA appearance. This Purdue assistant Lutz brought in 10 players from the transfer portal and has worked a miracle. Hoping for a Texas Southern win before getting blown out by Kansas.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
      For those interested, a former CWU player starts for USF who got an at-large selection as a 10-seed in the East bracket. He'll be playing though with a broken nose he got in the 2nd to last game of the regular season.
      For the life of me I don't see how San Francisco made the tournament. They were humiliated twice against Gonzaga and St. Mary's and only have one win against a tourney team that barely made the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

For the life of me I don't see how San Francisco made the tournament. They were humiliated twice against Gonzaga and St. Mary's and only have one win against a tourney team that barely made the tournament.
        Their Net Rating was top 30, which I think got them in more than anything. Multiple wins over BYU probably helped too as both BYU and Santa Clara made the NIT.

Comment

WT men fall to Black Hills State ending their season.

Comment

And LCU falls to Mesa. Not a good showing by the LSC.

Comment

WTAMU Men had a good season. Was sorry to see them get eliminated by Black Hills.

Comment

Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
                And LCU falls to Mesa. Not a good showing by the LSC.
                Yeah especially with home court advantage. Those guys rarely lost in Lubbock as I recall.

Completely opposite in the women's bracket where its the LSC tournament part 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                  WT men fall to Black Hills State ending their season.
                  Tom Brown's post game interview was interesting. He said having drawn Angelo in the first game was a difficult draw. Angelo was capable of beatint anybody on a a given night. After pulling out to a 21 point lead, Brown said he was hoping to rest key players, but after Angelo's run cutting the lead to less than 10, WT was forced to play it's starters more. The Buffs had to draw deep in the well outputting a lot of energy to hang on for a win. That hurt us in the Black Hills game.

I noticed Black Hills really spread the floor against WT. WT excels at playing man D with a lot of help collapsing into the paint. Black Hills, by spreading out their offense, and WT aware of and planning to limit Black Hills' perimeter game, was able to attack the WT D from all 5 spread out positions. This gave Black Hills many one-on-one attacks in the paint negating WT's defensive strengths (help in the paint/collapsing D). A rather brilliant way of taking WT's defense away, providing you have the personnel to execute the offensive plan, and Black Hills did. Hats off to them!

Tom returns the entire squad from a 29-7 team. I hope everyone returns. You never know today. If they do, the Buffs will make a very strong NC run next year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X