Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelo State

Looks like several coaches left Angleo State after season, anyone know whats up?

Originally posted by TexanTarheel View Post
    Looks like several coaches left Angleo State after season, anyone know whats up?
    I know that the head coach, Cinco Boone, left to be an assistant at UT Arlington. Don't know if it was at his bidding or ASU's.

Also lost two assistant football coaches:

1. Anthony Lewis player (O-line) then GA then Assistant coach. He left to go to Tennessee State as their O-line coach. He is following one-time ASU Offensive Coordinator Theron Aych who was recently named the offensive coordinator at Tennessee State.

2. Manako Tuifua who coached the D-Line for the last three years after coaching at Azusa Pacific (I think). He went too D2 Lane College out of the SIAC, which is an HBCU in Jackson TN.

Comment

Also, RB Coach, Sean Lagerstrom, (GA) got a fulltime opportunity at Kingsville.

Madison Atwell is the new offensive line coach. He comes to ASU after spending the last 2 seasons at Snow JC. Previous to that, he spent 3 seasons at Western Kentucky working as an assistant OL coach.

DL coach position will be filled soon. Candidate already selected, not announced yet.

After Spring Semester several GA positions will be filled as well.

FYI Manako only took the Lane job to be closer to his daughter as her & mom moved away from San Angelo.

Sounds like the staff is looking solid! Any coach will do well with Girsch leading them.

Man, Dr. May was so right about Girsch. I remember him telling me the year before Girsch was hired as HC about how good he was. And he said do or die he was going with Girsch.

A shout-out to A Lew. He was a great player when my son played and became a better coach. Real proud of him!!!

Comment

I will miss Cinco Boone. Good guy away from the game. I didn't care for a lot for some of his players. Way to many transfers who could not last more than one season. Hope the next guy can recruit good student athletes and develop players.

Hated to see A. Lewis go. Thought he was a lifer at ASU (player/GA/OL coach). He will be successful wherever he goes.

Only met Manako once. His DL seemed solid. Wish him well

Comment

Has anyone at Angelo interviewed Hunter Hughes and/or his OC? Please.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
            Has anyone at Angelo interviewed Hunter Hughes and/or his OC? Please.
            ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

They like to win ;)

Comment

I know lots of changes with players graduating and staff leaving......but with current players, new proven coaches, and new players recruited for 2022....I am thinking Angelo is THE team next season.

I could be wrong, but just sayin'.

Comment

Any word on time for Angelo State Spring Game?

Comment

Originally posted by TexanTarheel View Post
                  Any word on time for Angelo State Spring Game?
                  April 23. Not sure what time

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X