Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

I'm of the opinion that D1 athletics needs to die, and a minor league for football needs to be created. Football is obviously driving all of this.
    I somewhat agree. Have a league for football and then back to regional based type leagues for the rest of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I somewhat agree. Have a league for football and then back to regional based type leagues for the rest of sports.
      NFL is the only league without a minor league. MLB has a few levels, NBA has the G-League and summer league, NHL has the AHL, NFL had NFL Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

NFL is the only league without a minor league. MLB has a few levels, NBA has the G-League and summer league, NHL has the AHL, NFL had NFL Europe.
        I didn't realize NFL Europe is gone. When did that happen? A couple of our QBs played there I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I didn't realize NFL Europe is gone. When did that happen? A couple of our QBs played there I believe.
          Sometime in the 2000's. Kitna also played there before taking the starting job in Seattle.

Comment

Oklahoma State...where there's smoke...???

https://www.yardbarker.com/general_s...17068_37661581

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

At this point, if the SEC or B1G are interested in you, gotta jump at that.
              Last edited by UFOILERFAN; 07-08-2022, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

At this point, if the SEC or B1G are interested in you, gotta jump at that.
                And the Big 12 is adding 4 teams to get back up to 12. Houston is probably the biggest one as good in basketball and football, but they also got the Salt Lake City area with BYU who will probably be middle of the conference in both.

After how fast the Big 12 reacted and made an announcement, I'm surprised the Pac-12 hasn't to try to plug a sinking ship with rumors about 6 more schools possibly leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

Comment

Comment

We here understand scheduling alliance, as that is what led to the 3 GNAC schools becoming affiliate members.

For Cal, Wazzu, and OSU I bet a lot of the financial downfall is also Covid related not just from lost attendance revenue but also lost tuition from it, but with fans back in seats and students back at campus it should hopefully help.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X