Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockofwesties View Post

I graduated from WT in 96. I met my wife at WT and she graduated in 99. We raised our family here in Midland. Our daughter wanted to go to WT. She received several academic scholarships from Tech but only a few from WT. It would cost us more to send our daughter to WT than Tech. WT told us that they give scholarship priority to students from the "16 panhandle counties." Sometime since the 90's WT has stopped being a West Texas University and has turned into a Panhandle university. Our daughter is a Sophomore at Tech.
    Bingo!

Had two friends of mine that had recently relocated away from Amarillo that their kids wanted to go back to attend WT and be closer to friends and were told that exact phrase which is asinine.

Its one thing to not want to go to D1 but another thing to act like a private D3,

Note: If WT would add tennis they would field a pretty good team from West Texas schools alone.

Comment

That all sounds bogus to me. Who's telling them that? If scholarships were limited to the top 16 counties in the Texas Panhandle, that might exclude Canyon where WT is located because Randall county is just below the top 15 counties. And WT wouldn't be anywhere near its current enrollment. Generally the Panhandle includes the top 26 counties in the region. If you look at the WT website under scholarships, there are no such restrictions as to location. It's primarily based on academics. Also I have first hand knowledge about the WT College of Agriculture. Its recruitment efforts are nationwide with scholarships awarded across the nation. It is the fastest growing college on campus and other colleges should emulate it.

Back on WT football. Really looking forward to this Saturday versus TAMUK. Great tailgating and a VB match before the FB game. It's a great game day experience with everything on campus. Go Buffs!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
        That all sounds bogus to me. Who's telling them that? If scholarships were limited to the top 16 counties in the Texas Panhandle, that might exclude Canyon where WT is located because Randall county is just below the top 15 counties. And WT wouldn't be anywhere near its current enrollment. Generally the Panhandle includes the top 26 counties in the region. If you look at the WT website under scholarships, there are no such restrictions as to location. It's primarily based on academics. Also I have first hand knowledge about the WT College of Agriculture. Its recruitment efforts are nationwide with scholarships awarded across the nation. It is the fastest growing college on campus and other colleges should emulate it.

Back on WT football. Really looking forward to this Saturday versus TAMUK. Great tailgating and a VB match before the FB game. It's a great game day experience with everything on campus. Go Buffs!!
        All you have to do is look up several of the Wendler you tube videos out there and you will find out really quick its not that far fetched at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

All you have to do is look up several of the Wendler you tube videos out there and you will find out really quick its not that far fetched at all.
          Like I have said before… Wendler’s “go somewhere else or at least stay off campus” policy is working wonders.

Comment

Scheduled UTPB for homecoming? A team that beat WT last season. Should schedule an easy win for homecoming. Are there any easy wins for WT these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffs of Uranus View Post
              Scheduled UTPB for homecoming? A team that beat WT last season. Should schedule an easy win for homecoming. Are there any easy wins for WT these days?
              Simon Fraser should be the no brainer next year. This year not really. Western Oregon, Western New Mexico, and UTPB seems be to close to equal and 2 out of those 3 beat WT last year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X