Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

LMFAO....An 18 year old incoming freshman student athlete said this??? You QUOTED EXACT words???

Nah! I don't this at all. PURE Buffalo SH!T!!

Sell it to the Navy!
    I believe Great White Buffalo. The "banners and rings" comment referred to hanging in the dorm room the latest Vibes rolling paper banners and adding the latest Zeke nose ring. You have to know the context
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 08-28-2022, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Comment

AF's prediction is closer than yours.

I think you are out of touch, as are many other old WT fans.

When the Buffs start winning, PLEASE all you doubters, PLEASE don't start talking about how great YOUR team is. If so, I will certainly call you ALL out!

And if they suck as bad as all are saying, you can certainly call me out.
        I do see the middle ground here.

WT lost to UTPB and Western Oregon last year.

These are schools that WT would have destroyed by halftime 10 years ago and the 3rd string by the 4th quarter.

Most years they would have beaten Mines no matter what team they had.

On the other hand they did beat Angelo State and Midwestern at home so that gives me hope.

We should have a better idea after the Western Colorado game next weekend.

They lose that one then it will be a long year.

Comment

Going in to the first game I see the big WT question mark as the OL. 3 year starter Parker Hannah (gone to D1 Indiana to play his graduate years) and Jacobi Lott, who started right away last season after transferring in from Kansas, are gone from the roster. I haven't been able to find out what happened to Lott. Two big holes to fill.

Comment

I am looking forward to the season starting, but I agree that a loss to WC Saturday will not bode well for the rest of the season. There seems to be a complete lack of enthusiasm from Hunter Hughes. I think he sees the handing writing on the wall. Regardless I have my seasons tickets and will be there to support the Buffs. Speaking of support, the Buff FB players were really out supporting Lady Buffs VB last weekend. What a crowd on Saturday night! The Box was near capacity.

Comment

Comment

I am NOT happy about TAMUC making the jump. Many people out in the country where I live, 20 miles from Commerce, are ET or TAMUC grads and are VERY upset with the change. Several gave up season tickets to multiple sports. AND are no longer giving financial support. NOT GOOD!! NOT GOOD AT ALL.

Comment

Am I able to purchase the WCU/WTAMU game without the entire LSC package for $75? For some reason it's not showing the one day option. Excited for this matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
                    Am I able to purchase the WCU/WTAMU game without the entire LSC package for $75? For some reason it's not showing the one day option. Excited for this matchup.

Comment

I am NOT happy about TAMUC making the jump. Many people out in the country where I live, 20 miles from Commerce, are ET or TAMUC grads and are VERY upset with the change. Several gave up season tickets to multiple sports. AND are no longer giving financial support. NOT GOOD!! NOT GOOD AT ALL.
                      I find this odd since there were veteran TAMUC posters on this board that were cheerleading this move and questioning the D2 stagnant mindset.

Note: We heard this from ACU fans their first couple of years of transition beatdown.

They have since transitioned nicely and are winning conference championships in multiple sports and conferences.

As GWB points out they will probably not win a national championship in the major sports but you get national exposure for making the playoffs in those sports.

Basketball is automatic national games during March and its not going to be unheard of to make a college world series in baseball.

This sounds harsh but as a fan it all comes down to being competitive and winning D2 championships that maybe 75 alumni and fans care about or the national exposure of D1.

Comment

First, let me say I want Wt to be in the playoffs. I like the excitement winning football brings to a fan base and campus. My turning point was last year when Wt was defeated by UTPB.
                        There was no reason to lose that game. Wt was not ready to play. This year's team will have to prove they know how to win. This staff is doing everything right but, winning games.
                        GPAs are up, graduation rates are up and we are recurring players of high charter. As another booster pointed out to me, it may simply have taken longer than expected to change the
                        culture and build the foundation for a winning program. I really want to have a winning football program.
                        The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
                          I am looking forward to the season starting, but I agree that a loss to WC Saturday will not bode well for the rest of the season. There seems to be a complete lack of enthusiasm from Hunter Hughes. I think he sees the handing writing on the wall. Regardless I have my seasons tickets and will be there to support the Buffs. Speaking of support, the Buff FB players were really out supporting Lady Buffs VB last weekend. What a crowd on Saturday night! The Box was near capacity.
                          The "Box" seats about 2,100. Attendance was 1,173 about 50%

Comment

But don’t start another topic on capacity of the “Box”. Nobody cares.

Comment

Very nervous about tonight. Losing Parker Hanna and Tobias Harris could be huge. My confidence would be much higher if they were on the team. If WT offensive line can be solid and our secondary comes to play, I do think WT pulls out the win. IMO this is a contract year for Hughes and the team needs to come out firing on all cylinders.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffTough View Post
                                Very nervous about tonight. Losing Parker Hanna and Tobias Harris could be huge. My confidence would be much higher if they were on the team. If WT offensive line can be solid and our secondary comes to play, I do think WT pulls out the win. IMO this is a contract year for Hughes and the team needs to come out firing on all cylinders.
                                So far the OL is the surprise of this team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X