Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

So far the OL is the surprise of this team.
    A surprise to you

Comment

I will say this game felt awesome. I think they set the tone when Thunder ran out on the field. Was a sight seeing the Buffalo in Buffalo stadium.

Comment

The Buffs were more physical tonight. They won the trenches. I was concerned with the OL coming into this game. However, they moved the pile a bit and Compton, 86 yds, Smallwood, 59 yds, and Gerber, 63 yds, took advantage. Gerber made good decisions all night. The play-calling was pretty diverse. When WT did run the ball 3 times in a row up the middle, it set up a pass or run-pass option. Pretty good stuff.

By the beginning of the 4th qtr, you could just see it........Western Co was wearing down, out of gas, whipped butts. The physical play of WT had won the day.

I do wish the OC had attacked the outside a bit more often. The three times they did run outside, Compton looked fast finding the edge for good gains. He looks better than he did last year.

Gerber made good decisions. He threw it away when he needed to. He pulled it down and made a few key runs when he needed to. He played like a seasoned QB in control of the situation and offense.

The defense played tough in the middle. WC struggled to put any kind of consistent running game together. WT did benefit from 3 or 4 dropped passes that could have kept drives alive for WC. WT "footsteps" might have caused some of those drops. 4 turnovers went WT's way. Special teams rocked a fumble early on with a massive hit on a kickoff return. Was young Thunder in on the hit, I wondered? Ha!

A very, very satisfactory win to build on. This Buff team made a statement last night and it was "We will be reckoned with." What a helluva nice surprise for the WT faithful.
        Last edited by BuffaloChip; 09-04-2022, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Great way to open the season for the Buffs. Hope it portends better things this year. However it also brings up some interesting questions: WC was ranked #22 preseason. We’re they worse than the preseason billing or are Buffs a whole lot better? Also the Buffs next opponent, Adams State, dropped its opener to Western NM on the road. Was that expected? Anyway, Buffs better not be cocky next Saturday? Go Buffs!

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
            Great way to open the season for the Buffs. Hope it portends better things this year. However it also brings up some interesting questions: WC was ranked #22 preseason. We’re they worse than the preseason billing or are Buffs a whole lot better? Also the Buffs next opponent, Adams State, dropped its opener to Western NM on the road. Was that expected? Anyway, Buffs better not be cocky next Saturday? Go Buffs!
            Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
              I think Western is not as good as expected. They were ranked #15 in the D2 poll. I noticed their all-RMAC returning RB, Josh Cummings, did not play last night.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                The Buffs were more physical tonight. They won the trenches. I was concerned with the OL coming into this game. However, they moved the pile a bit and Compton, 86 yds, Smallwood, 59 yds, and Gerber, 63 yds, took advantage. Gerber made good decisions all night. The play-calling was pretty diverse. When WT did run the ball 3 times in a row up the middle, it set up a pass or run-pass option. Pretty good stuff.

By the beginning of the 4th qtr, you could just see it........Western Co was wearing down, out of gas, whipped butts. The physical play of WT had won the day.

I do wish the OC had attacked the outside a bit more often. The three times they did run outside, Compton looked fast finding the edge for good gains. He looks better than he did last year.

Gerber made good decisions. He threw it away when he needed to. He pulled it down and made a few key runs when he needed to. He played like a seasoned QB in control of the situation and offense.

The defense played tough in the middle. WC struggled to put any kind of consistent running game together. WT did benefit from 3 or 4 dropped passes that could have kept drives alive for WC. WT "footsteps" might have caused some of those drops. 4 turnovers went WT's way. Special teams rocked a fumble early on with a massive hit on a kickoff return. Was young Thunder in on the hit, I wondered? Ha!

A very, very satisfactory win to build on. This Buff team made a statement last night and it was "We will be reckoned with." What a helluva nice surprise for the WT faithful.
                The secondary is going to potentially be an issue this season, in my opinion. Primarily at the corner position. I also agree the OC was not aggressive enough and didn't let Gerber air it out as much as he should have. Outside of that I was pleased with last night, but after the way they played so well at times and so horribly the next game last year, I'm not sold. Cautiously optimistic is my outlook.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

The secondary is going to potentially be an issue this season, in my opinion. Primarily at the corner position. I also agree the OC was not aggressive enough and didn't let Gerber air it out as much as he should have. Outside of that, I was pleased with last night, but after the way, they played so well at times and so horribly the next game last year, I'm not sold. Cautiously optimistic is my outlook.

I agree. WC simply did not have the same talent level as Wt. (I can't believe I just typed that) I do not think Adams State will be a test. Of course, I said that about UTPB last year.
                  Wt should have 2 wins before we start the LSC
                  The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

[/B]

I agree. WC simply did not have the same talent level as Wt. (I can't believe I just typed that) I do not think Adams State will be a test. Of course, I said that about UTPB last year.
                    Wt should have 2 wins before we start the LSC
                    We missed you at the game last night. Did you have something better to do?

Comment

We missed you at the game last night. Did you have something better to do?
                      We didn't renew season tickets - out of town - there's another game we will miss. $800 was too much for 3 games.
                      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

We didn't renew season tickets - out of town - there's another game we will miss. $800 was too much for 3 games.
                        I know. I was just joshing you!

Comment

$800 for season tickets? I don’t think I’ve spent that much on all the tickets I’ve ever bought.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

$800 for season tickets? I don’t think I’ve spent that much on all the tickets I’ve ever bought.
                            Season tickets with access to the Buffalo Club club level include food (last game was a build-your-own nacho smorgasbord), beverages, and access to alcohol are $400.00 a seat this season. -With 5 home games that comes to $80 seat per game.

Comment

Season tickets with access to the Buffalo Club club level include food (last game was a build-your-own nacho smorgasbord), beverages, and access to alcohol are $400.00 a seat this season. -With 5 home games that comes to $80 seat per game.
                              Dang, that's spendy.

Comment

Sorry to me that's a rip off. I could go to 5 Astros home games with decent 3rd base seats and not spend that much.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X