Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wt Football

The first day of practice is today, August 8th. Classes start on August 23rd.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    Thank you. I was just wondering when it would start.

I looked at the roster, which has no numbers. Looks like we got a new punter! Other than up the middle and a marginal defense, what is in store for this season? Who is going to watch the practices?

Comment

What happened to Jacobi Lott? He was supposed to be a superstar on the OL last year. https://www.presspasssports.com/buff...-tascosa-star/

I see we have 2 new transfers from Central Washington. Do you CW alumni have any comments on DARIUS CARLSON (LB) and/or RILEY O'ROURKE (OL)?

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
        Anyone know where to find the practice schedule? I thought I might attend a few.

Comment

How exciting. https://www.presspasssports.com/west...football-camp/

Comment

Anyone had luck attending a practice? Per the release, practices were to be at 2:30 in the afternoon until the week classes begin. I had the day off yesterday and went out at 2:30 but there was no activity.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
              Anyone had luck attending a practice? Per the release, practices were to be at 2:30 in the afternoon until the week classes begin. I had the day off yesterday and went out at 2:30 but there was no activity.
              I'm sorry your trip was wasted. Did you go to the practice field or the stadium?

I read it to say the practices would be at 2:30 for the rest of this week, but either way, they should have been there.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I'm sorry your trip was wasted. Did you go to the practice field or the stadium?

I read it to say the practices would be at 2:30 for the rest of this week, but either way, they should have been there.
                I went out to the practice fields and then drove by the stadium also. It didn't appear there was anyone on the stadium field either. Who knows, they are making some touch ups on the stadium, scaffolding is set up in the front of the press box. Nice to see it being taken care of. Maybe we will get lucky and the team will surprise this year

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post

I went out to the practice fields and then drove by the stadium also. It didn't appear there was anyone on the stadium field either. Who knows, they are making some touch ups on the stadium, scaffolding is set up in the front of the press box. Nice to see it being taken care of. Maybe we will get lucky and the team will surprise this year
                  I hope you are right. Last year we got lucky against Angelo and Kingsville. The MSU game was good. Half of the CSM game was good.

UTPB, 5-5, defeated the New Mexico teams, Lincoln, and SW Baptist for their other wins. They were ahead 42-17 against WT in the 3rd quarter before giving up some consolation TDs..

WOU, 4-6, defeated Simon Fraser twice and Lincoln for their other wins. The Hughes defense gave up 553 yards of offense, including 379 passing yards in a 3 point loss. Kingsville beat WOU by 14.

2 very good offensive lineman left. Tobias Harris elevated the defense, but he's gone. Khalil Harris and Brandon Blair will also be missed.

I'm pretty sure most of these players would have stayed if they thought things were on the upswing.

Comment

Wow, news of the WT football team! Those running plays sure look familiar.

https://www.presspasssports.com/fall...hunter-hughes/

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                      Wow, news of the WT football team! Those running plays sure look familiar.

https://www.presspasssports.com/fall...hunter-hughes/
                      9-2

Comment

If the Rangers can finally get rid of Chris Woodward and Jon Daniels for lack of success then WT can surely show Hughes the door after this year if WT can't get a playoff spot.

Comment

Wt scrimmage Sat. morning, 8 am - if anyone goes please tell us how Wt looks.
                          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

I went. I'm still running it thru my mind before setting my thoughts down.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                              I went. I'm still running it thru my mind before setting my thoughts down.
                              That couldn't be a good sign hahaha

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X