Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I went. I'm still running it thru my mind before setting my thoughts down.
    Don't overthink it. Just choose from A, B, or C.

A: 2-9
    B: 6-5
    C: 9-2

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Don't overthink it. Just choose from A, B, or C.

A: 2-9
      B: 6-5
      C: 9-2

Comment

FYI - They would beat Angelo & MSU-Texas and be 6-5 too. (SEE 2014)

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops

Why don't you trust your dear IL pal??

C. 9-2
          My IL? What are you talking about?

I put the 9-2 there for you. It could happen, but it won't. A or B are both more likely.

This is a team missing 2 good very offensive lineman, 2 very good backs, and one exceptional defensive back. Last year they were 7-4, but 2 of those wins were NAIA byes. Home field advantage? Again 3-2 not counting the NAIA games.

Up the middle to mediocrity.

Comment

Interesting thing to consider.

If WT finishes 9-2 but also finishes 8th in the region and out of the playoffs, do they still retain Hughes?

Comment

As far as the Sat WT scrimmage is concerned, I was not overwhelmed with enthusiasm for what I saw.
              Highlights:
              1. QB play was good. On the 1st possession, Gerber took the 1's down the field for a solid TD. He was 4 of 4 including a long WR screen. The 2 QB next made a textbook beautiful 40 yd throw down the sideline on the outside shoulder. I thought our 2 played well. The 3 QB, the RSF Canadian HS kid, also flashed on a few throws. He can spin it and also has a really good set of wheels. The heir apparent at QB.
              2. 3 good picks by the D backs during the scrimmage, one for a long 6.
              3. D has some speed
              4. Compton looked good running the ball. Also, a skinny RB, must be a freshman, showed several times he's got the ability to make tacklers miss. Quick and shifty.
              5. Not sure the OL has replaced the 2 staters lost from last season
              6. For chrissakes, can Hughes not recruit a damn placekicker or what? I left disgusted after a 3rd missed FG from the 40 yd range. Seriously?
              7. Run/pass was right at a 50/50 split.
              8. It was organized. No unsure of what to do BS. It was all business.

Still, it was hard to tell what was what. From the stands you have no idea what was the coaches' plan for the scrimmage. Or how the combinations of groups were assembled. Was the goal to evaluate players competing for spots on the 1,2,3 deep chart? Etc. I don't know. I expect the next scrimmage will begin to answer some of those questions.

Overall, after the Sat scrimmage, we looked a lot like last year's team. Not much better, not much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                Interesting thing to consider.

If WT finishes 9-2 but also finishes 8th in the region and out of the playoffs, do they still retain Hughes?
                I think he will be retained with anything better than .500.

Comment

As far as the Sat WT scrimmage is concerned, I was not overwhelmed with enthusiasm for what I saw.
                  Highlights:
                  1. QB play was good. On the 1st possession, Gerber took the 1's down the field for a solid TD. He was 4 of 4 including a long WR screen. The 2 QB next made a textbook beautiful 40 yd throw down the sideline on the outside shoulder. I thought our 2 played well. The 3 QB, the RSF Canadian HS kid, also flashed on a few throws. He can spin it and also has a really good set of wheels. The heir apparent at QB.
                  3. D has some speed
                  4. Compton looked good running the ball. Also, a skinny RB, must be a freshman, showed several times he's got the ability to make tacklers miss. Quick and shifty.
                  5. Not sure the OL has replaced the 2 staters lost from last season
                  6. For chrissakes, can Hughes not recruit a damn placekicker or what? I left disgusted after a 3rd missed FG from the 40 yd range. Seriously?

Still, it was hard to tell what was what. From the stands you have no idea what was the coaches' plan for the scrimmage. Or how the combinations of groups were assembled. Was the goal to evaluate players competing for spots on the 1,2,3 deep chart? Etc. I don't know. I expect the next scrimmage will begin to answer some of those questions.

Overall, after the Sat scrimmage, we looked a lot like last year's team. Not much better, not much worse.
                  Thanks for the update. I have no idea what to think about this year. Certainly not getting my hopes up. After the UTPB and Western Oregon losses last year I still went to games but was disgusted and checked out.

Losing Lott and Hanna on the line is going to be hard to replace. Both of them are D1 caliber players. Losing both Harris's is going to be tough also, especially the RB. We will see I guess.

Comment

Highlights:
                    3. D has some speed
                    5. Not sure the OL has replaced the 2 starters lost from last season

Compton is very good at running up the middle.

Hughes just doesn't seem to care about FGs. Remember that guy who could only make extra points reliably? Hughes said he could make 50 FGs in a practice. Who cares? Cason started out very well last year, but evidently the coaches changed something and his kicking suffered. By the way his stats on the website are not correct.

They always split run/pass outside the season. I looked at the D2 wins last year and every game was lopsided toward the run, especially the MSU game, which was 50/23. The games where it was balanced or passing was higher meant the other team stopped the run and Gerber, who was once very good, had to run for his life and throw on every down once the team was behind.

Comment

My IL? What are you talking about?

I put the 9-2 there for you. It could happen, but it won't. A or B are both more likely.

This is a team missing 2 good very offensive lineman, 2 very good backs, and one exceptional defensive back. Last year they were 7-4, but 2 of those wins were NAIA byes. Home field advantage? Again 3-2 not counting the NAIA games.

Up the middle to mediocrity.
                      For some reason I don't even see my post now. It was a typo....should had said 'ol pal.

We shall see, but I am sticking with 9-2.

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo
                        I stopped by last week at meet the Buffs to pick-up Chip's football and our VB season tickets. Our AD was there and had a chance to talk to him briefly. I think Chip is correct.
                        The standard is different for football than the other sports. It's simpler to have lower expectations.
                        I wonder how many schools have ADs that feel the same? Maybe Houston Baptist and Lincoln?

It sounds like you did not renew your season tickets. I am sorry to hear it but I can't blame you. If I lived up there even I might go to a home game.

I would like to see a purge starting with the President, the AD, and the entire football coaching staff. I believe Coach Mook could be more successful coaching the football team than Hughes.

Comment

I wonder how many schools have ADs that feel the same? Maybe Houston Baptist and Lincoln?

It sounds like you did not renew your season tickets. I am sorry to hear it but I can't blame you. If I lived up there even I might go to a home game.

I would like to see a purge starting with the President, the AD, and the entire football coaching staff. I believe Coach Mook could be more successful coaching the football team than Hughes.
                          I did not renew my Football tickets. In looking at the schedule we are going to be out of town for 2 of the five games. I tried to find someone to split the cost with, based on the number of games,
                          couldn't find any takers. First time in several years I haven't had tickets. Probably will stream the games.
                          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

I think WTAM needs to adopt this as their new "cope" song. Every WTAM thread seems to fit this.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

I think WTAM needs to adopt this as their new "cope" song. Every WTAM thread seems to fit this.
                              That's a good song for the football fans of the McBroom era.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

TOO DANG FUNNY!!!!

Match that with:

"I searched the world over and thought I'd found true love.
                                You lost another and (*raspberry*) I stayed home".

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X