Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Couldn't the same be said about Texas or for any state? Only one city can claim his birth and guess what, it isn't in the US.
    Where's your humor??

What does it say on the back of every Central Washington diploma?

Will Work For Food.

Comment

FYI - I am working on two articles, a start of season preview and a Week 1 game preview. The start of season preview should be ready in the next couple days and he Week 1 preview will be ready by kickoff next Thursday.

Comment

Glad to have you onboard. Look forward to your coverage…

Comment

So after 6 weeks,
          - what's been your biggest surprise (good or bad) about covering the LSC?

- is the quality of the programs what you expected? Not necessarily asking about surprise teams since this has not been a typical season for a lot of teams plus this is the first year of the "merger" with the GNAC, but asking more about the style of play and overall conference strength/weakness.

I have really enjoyed your write-ups and input on the threads. It is much appreciated.

GO HOGS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post
            So after 6 weeks,
            - what's been your biggest surprise (good or bad) about covering the LSC?

- is the quality of the programs what you expected? Not necessarily asking about surprise teams since this has not been a typical season for a lot of teams plus this is the first year of the "merger" with the GNAC, but asking more about the style of play and overall conference strength/weakness.

I have really enjoyed your write-ups and input on the threads. It is much appreciated.

GO HOGS!!!
            Coming from mainly following the Northeast 10 and region 1, Angelo in particular is better than any team in region 1 and I think only a couple teams in the region could possibly hang with them (Shepherd and IUP, maybe Ashland). The league is deeper than last year and I think they have a shot at 3 playoff teams (Angelo, Kingsville, and WT). TI think the top 3-4 teams in the LSC would do well in any region 1 conference. You don’t see this size and speed and depth in region 1, and I’ve been impressed by that. Bottom line-Texas players are really good!

I consider Kingsville a surprise because they’re still undefeated. I thought WT would beat them, but that and the WNMU game showed they can handle a close game. Still think Angelo beats them, but the Javelinas are my #2 in the LSC. Their defense has come up big in tough spots.

Surprised at the MSU QB situation-Sterling-Cole was solid last year and this year he’s looking over his shoulder. Same goes for the other guy too. It’s reflective of the up
            and down team they have been.

I think the old GNAC teams (except SFU) have been competitive, but WOU has been disappointing in that they make too many mistakes, and that can’t happen in a better league. CWU’s offense hasn’t been as good-I didn’t expect them to go up and down the field at will (better defenses and they lost some receivers) but they would be in real trouble without Henderson (who happens to be from Texas).

I think WT is a solid team that should finish with no more than 3 losses (maybe CW beats them, but they’ll be favored in all their other games).

PB and WNMU are spoilers, good enough to scare some opponents but not good enough to be at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Coming from mainly following the Northeast 10 and region 1, Angelo in particular is better than any team in region 1 and I think only a couple teams in the region could possibly hang with them (Shepherd and IUP, maybe Ashland). The league is deeper than last year and I think they have a shot at 3 playoff teams (Angelo, Kingsville, and WT). TI think the top 3-4 teams in the LSC would do well in any region 1 conference. You don’t see this size and speed and depth in region 1, and I’ve been impressed by that. Bottom line-Texas players are really good!

I consider Kingsville a surprise because they’re still undefeated. I thought WT would beat them, but that and the WNMU game showed they can handle a close game. Still think Angelo beats them, but the Javelinas are my #2 in the LSC. Their defense has come up big in tough spots.

Surprised at the MSU QB situation-Sterling-Cole was solid last year and this year he’s looking over his shoulder. Same goes for the other guy too. It’s reflective of the up

I think the old GNAC teams (except SFU) have been competitive, but WOU has been disappointing in that they make too many mistakes, and that can’t happen in a better league. CWU’s offense hasn’t been as good-I didn’t expect them to go up and down the field at will (better defenses and they lost some receivers) but they would be in real trouble without Henderson (who happens to be from Texas).

I think WT is a solid team that should finish with no more than 3 losses (maybe CW beats them, but they’ll be favored in all their other games).

PB and WNMU are spoilers, good enough to scare some opponents but not good enough to be at the top.
              I agree:

Good Surprises:
              1) Kingsville
              2) Western New Mexico

Bad Surprises:
              1) Midwestern State
              2) WT (for now)

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Appreciate the reply. I'd agree that Shepherd and IPU have been the most consistent top teams in the PSAC and probably R1 in the last several years.

Lots of games left to see how the LSC shakes up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X