Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAMUK @ ANGELO

This now has become the GOY candidate.

With it being homecoming at Angelo, will the Rams be knocked off their game by all the weeks festivities? Will the Javs be mentally ready to play the #2 team in America? Will the winner of this game go on to become the LSC Champs?

SOOO much at stake for each team.

These two teams have a strong past rivalry that is now renewed.

I am very surprised there isn't more chatter about this game.

Has football fandom become like the rest of American society? Narcissistic! Where if it's not about "your" team, you simply don't care?

Any way......this IS the game we all should be discussing. The outcome has implications for multiple teams as someone IS getting knocked out of the undefeated category!!!!

Gonna be a slobberknocker!!!!!

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    This now has become the GOY candidate.

With it being homecoming at Angelo, will the Rams be knocked off their game by all the weeks festivities? Will the Javs be mentally ready to play the #2 team in America? Will the winner of this game go on to become the LSC Champs?

SOOO much at stake for each team.

These two teams have a strong past rivalry that is now renewed.

I am very surprised there isn't more chatter about this game.

Has football fandom become like the rest of American society? Narcissistic! Where if it's not about "your" team, you simply don't care?

Any way......this IS the game we all should be discussing. The outcome has implications for multiple teams as someone IS getting knocked out of the undefeated category!!!!

Gonna be a slobberknocker!!!!!
    It should be a great game. I sure have been looking forward to it for a couple weeks now.

The key to Kingsville being mentally prepared is to just remember that they have out performed expectations and found a way to win all season.

I don't think anyone expected them to be 7-0 at this point at the beginning of the season. As optimistic as I have been at times, I didn't think they could make it to 7-0 until after the West Texas game.

If Kingsville can stay positive and remember that they earned their way to 7-0 and #15 in the country despite doubters, I think they will give Angelo State a run for their money and could easily beat them.

Comment

I think it will be an interesting game. If Angelo takes the Peccaries lightly, they will be in trouble, but I don't think that will happen..

Luckily both teams have very good coaches, so that should make it a good game to watch. It should be the GOY, I can't really think of any others that come close - well maybe WT at SFU ;) .

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
        I think it will be an interesting game. If Angelo takes the Peccaries lightly, they will be in trouble, but I don't think that will happen..

Luckily both teams have very good coaches, so that should make it a good game to watch. It should be the GOY, I can't really think of any others that come close - well maybe WT at SFU ;) .
        I sure hope the school has the sense to do what it takes to keep Coach Salinas in town permanently.
        Last edited by TAMUK09; 10-20-2022, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TAMUK09 View Post

It should be a great game. I sure have been looking forward to it for a couple weeks now.

The key to Kingsville being mentally prepared is to just remember that they have out performed expectations and found a way to win all season.

I don't think anyone expected them to be 7-0 at this point at the beginning of the season. As optimistic as I have been at times, I didn't think they could make it to 7-0 until after the West Texas game.

If Kingsville can stay positive and remember that they earned their way to 7-0 and #15 in the country despite doubters, I think they will give Angelo State a run for their money and could easily beat them.
          I absolutely did not expect TAMUK to be 7-0. It is the 2nd surprise of the season for me.

If they pull off an upset, I think it will be far from easy. But maybe you are right.

Comment

Angelo has been steamrolling and Kingsville's record has been impressive they have just eeked out wins over average teams. Game is at Angelo. Kingsville can't afford another slow start and play catch up.

Angelo State 38, Kingsville 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
              Angelo has been steamrolling and Kingsville's record has been impressive they have just eeked out wins over average teams. Game is at Angelo. Kingsville can't afford another slow start and play catch up.

Angelo State 38, Kingsville 10.
              I think you are being a bit hard on Kingville's defense. The offense has been struggling at times and that is what worries me about the Angelo State game.

I think the defense is capable of keeping Angelo State in the 20's, maybe even low 20's if the defense is fired up enough for the game.

If Kingsville has some success in the running game, it will eat up the clock, give the defense a rest, limit Angelo State's opportunities, and take pressure off of a freshman quarterback.

28-17 Angelo on the pessimistic end.
              30-21 Kingsville on the optimistic end. (Which will likely take both running backs getting over 100 yards and a touchdown each)

Comment

I think you are being a bit hard on Kingville's defense. The offense has been struggling at times and that is what worries me about the Angelo State game.

I think the defense is capable of keeping Angelo State in the 20's, maybe even low 20's if the defense is fired up enough for the game.

If Kingsville has some success in the running game, it will eat up the clock, give the defense a rest, limit Angelo State's opportunities, and take pressure off of a freshman quarterback.

30-21 Kingsville on the optimistic end. (Which will likely take both running backs getting over 100 yards and a touchdown each)
                You have to understand the reason Buffalo/Islander Alum is being hard on TAMUK is because the last time he visited Kingsville, we didn't allow him to use the women's restroom.

But I'll concede the Javs are still the Dog in this one, but not by blowout numbers.

Comment

Not being hard on Kingsville's defense.

Angelo has scored 30+ points in every game except one and they were probably bored and going through the motions of beating ENMU at home.

Kingsville against better teams have scored 31 (with the assistance of 6 turnovers), 21, and 13 points.

Angelo's defense is getting better and several times has held opponents under 20 against better competition.

Kingsville will have to get multiple turnovers and score touchdowns.

I think where Kingsville will get destroyed is in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

If this game were in Kingsville with the Javs having a 5-2 record sandwiched between a WT and Midwestern game then their is a slight chance Angelo might overlook them.

This game in Angelo for all intent and purposes for the LSC championship and home field advantage for Angelo through the nation semifinals.

Thats why they play the game but Angelo will have to play C+ football and Kingsville A+ football for Kingsville to pull the upset.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post

You have to understand the reason Buffalo/Islander Alum is being hard on TAMUK is because the last time he visited Kingsville, we didn't allow him to use the women's restroom.

But I'll concede the Javs are still the Dog in this one, but not by blowout numbers.
                    Tell the whole story.

I saw you and HOGSVRR sitting on the toilets peeing instead of at the urinals holding hands.

Not wanting to break that up I tried going to the womens restroom and got thrown out of the stadium.

I want Kingsville to continue to do well.

Something tells me if Angelo wins convincingly then it might carry over to the CW and MSU games.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Not being hard on Kingsville's defense.

Angelo has scored 30+ points in every game except one and they were probably bored and going through the motions of beating ENMU at home.

Kingsville against better teams have scored 31 (with the assistance of 6 turnovers), 21, and 13 points.

Angelo's defense is getting better and several times has held opponents under 20 against better competition.

Kingsville will have to get multiple turnovers and score touchdowns.

I think where Kingsville will get destroyed is in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

If this game were in Kingsville with the Javs having a 5-2 record sandwiched between a WT and Midwestern game then their is a slight chance Angelo might overlook them.

This game in Angelo for all intent and purposes for the LSC championship and home field advantage for Angelo through the nation semifinals.

Thats why they play the game but Angelo will have to play C+ football and Kingsville A+ football for Kingsville to pull the upset.
                      Angelo defense allows 13 pts a game. Take away Mines 27 pts and it drops to 10 pts a game (with no cream puff games i.e. glorified HS aka: NAIA or D3's)

Comment

1 DAY 20 HOURS 35 MINUTES TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Angelo defense allows 13 pts a game. Take away Mines 27 pts and it drops to 10 pts a game (with no cream puff games i.e. glorified HS aka: NAIA or D3's)
                          Fact check me because I am going off memory hear but Kingsville has given up 82 points in 7 games, so just under 12 points per game.

If you throw out the cream puff games they have given up 68 points in 5 conference games, or 13.6 points per game.

Angelo will be the best offense Kingsville has faced all season, but on the other hand, Kingsville is the best defense that Angelo has faced to this point in the season.

With that being said, Kingsville has to be lucky and good to keep from giving up a season high points total to Angelo. I just hope that the defense is rev'd up enough to keep Angelo under 30. They need to for Kingsville to have a chance. Kingsville has won all season based on its defense.

And to the buff islander lady's comment about how it took 6 turnovers for Kingsville to beat West Texas, I have been saying all season that good defenses can create turnovers. Compare the turnover deferential in 2019 when Kingsville was 2-9 to their turnover deferential this season. I bet there is a big difference.
                          Last edited by TAMUK09; 10-20-2022, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Fact check me because I am going off memory hear but Kingsville has given up 82 points in 7 games, so just under 12 points per game.

If you throw out the cream puff games they have given up 68 points in 5 conference games, or 13.6 points per game.

Angelo will be the best offense Kingsville has faced all season, but on the other hand, Kingsville is the best defense that Angelo has faced to this point in the season.

With that being said, Kingsville has to be lucky and good to keep from giving up a season high points total to Angelo. I just hope that the defense is rev'd up enough to keep Angelo under 30. They need to for Kingsville to have a chance. Kingsville has won all season based on its defense.

And to the buff islander lady's comment about how it took 6 turnovers for Kingsville to beat West Texas, I have been saying all season that good defenses can create turnovers. Compare the turnover deferential in 2019 when Kingsville was 2-9 to their turnover deferential this season. I bet there is a big difference.
                            Look for the upset!!

Comment

I think the defenses are pretty equal.

The question is are the offenses equal?

We'll see

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X