Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU Tailgate?

Heading to Wichita Falls in the RV. Received permission to park on campus and understand the stadium is about 4.5 miles from campus.
    What is the tailgating situation at the stadium? We’ve been to ASU & TAMUK and were very impressed with the tailgating; local businesses providing for all. Can we expect the same or is it similar to the PNW where fans do their own thing? TIA

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post
    Heading to Wichita Falls in the RV. Received permission to park on campus and understand the stadium is about 4.5 miles from campus.
    What is the tailgating situation at the stadium? We’ve been to ASU & TAMUK and were very impressed with the tailgating; local businesses providing for all. Can we expect the same or is it similar to the PNW where fans do their own thing? TIA
    Sorry no one has responded. I think we lost our last MSU fan a while back.

I've never watched a game there so I can't help.

Comment

Public School property so no booze at stadium

Comment

Yes the stadium is a short drive from campus. They share with the local HS similar to ACU, Angelo, and WT did in the past before they got their own stadiums. I was a player so I've never tailgated but from what I hear it's a very average experience. Hopefully joining the Tech system is the first step into getting a new stadium on campus. We were so pumped to get the "jumbotron" back in 2012, but it's more of a "minitron" lol.

Comment

It's basically non-existent.

Comment

Originally posted by LSCFAN77 View Post

Yes the stadium is a short drive from campus. They share with the local HS similar to ACU, Angelo, and WT did in the past before they got their own stadiums. I was a player so I've never tailgated but from what I hear it's a very average experience. Hopefully joining the Tech system is the first step into getting a new stadium on campus. We were so pumped to get the "jumbotron" back in 2012, but it's more of a "minitron" lol.
            About all TT will be able to help you with would be some engineering and environmental impact services. They might also help leverage interest rates but if you want a stadium, MSU will have to raise the money.

Comment

Thanks all, looks like WOU alumni have organized a pregame event at a local watering hole. Will get to the stadium early to see if there’s any BBQ.

Comment

Thanks all, looks like WOU alumni have organized a pregame event at a local watering hole. Will get to the stadium early to see if there’s any BBQ.
                Safe travels.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X