Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I agree. During his 2 years at Colorado Mesa he did well. 2-1 in COVID season and 8-2 in 2021. 1 of those losses was in double OT to CSU-P. He also beat then #3 Colorado Mines. His other loss was to then #20 Western Colo. Great 1st full season.

With Valdosta, you are correct, give him time to build. It won't take long.

I think WT missed a great one with Jackson.

We'll see in a few years.
    We can do another bet! I am saying he will at best go 6-5 next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post

ECU was built up by the previous HC (Johnson) and McCullough has improved on it. He was named interim HC in the spring and ECU took the interim tag off this season just before the game against Ouachita. He's now the HC, and I doubt he wants to start over and build from scratch.
      Taking the WT job:

1. I'd bet he'd get a very good pay raise,
      2. Top 3 facilities in all of D2.
      3. Fully-funded budget.
      4. More money for assistant coaches.
      5. Despite lack of playoffs since Carthel, much higher visibility for recruiting.
      6. Good core of young talent at WT. Keep most of it and you aren't "starting over."
      7. 7,000 attendance instead of 3,000. A "winner" puts 10,000 butts in the stands.
      8. What's the downside? If he wins at WT, his profile is much higher than if he wins at ECU.

Comment

Yeah. Whatever happened to that loser? Think he moved to Italy. 😉
        I heard he retired to Cambodia.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I heard he retired to Cambodia.
          He was definitely more of a drink gintonics in Madrid or Barcelona kinda guy in my opinion.

Comment

I agree. During his 2 years at Colorado Mesa he did well. 2-1 in COVID season and 8-2 in 2021. 1 of those losses was in double OT to CSU-P. He also beat then #3 Colorado Mines. His other loss was to then #20 Western Colo. Great 1st full season.

With Valdosta, you are correct, give him time to build. It won't take long.

I think WT missed a great one with Jackson.

We'll see in a few years.
            I heard they had the best defense in all of D2 during that covid season and boy did they make sure all 7 teams that played that year knew about it 7070707.

I don't think WT missed a thing besides a lot of talk.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

We can do another bet! I am saying he will at best go 6-5 next year.
              Maybe. That would be the next step. It will take him 3-4 years to be a contender.

THAT I will bet on.

Comment

Taking the WT job:

1. I'd bet he'd get a very good pay raise,
                2. Top 3 facilities in all of D2.
                3. Fully-funded budget.
                4. More money for assistant coaches.
                5. Despite lack of playoffs since Carthel, much higher visibility for recruiting.
                6. Good core of young talent at WT. Keep most of it and you aren't "starting over."
                7. 7,000 attendance instead of 3,000. A "winner" puts 10,000 butts in the stands.
                8. What's the downside? If he wins at WT, his profile is much higher than if he wins at ECU.
                I am not sure of all your other hype, but #4 is completely inaccurate. WT AC's are getting paid more money. Actually, compared to top tier DII teams, they are somewhere between middle and lower end.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I heard they had the best defense in all of D2 during that covid season and boy did they make sure all 7 teams that played that year knew about it 7070707.

I don't think WT missed a thing besides a lot of talk.
                  Exactly what you are doing.

Nothing factual to back up your bashing of him. If you arectalking 3 COVID games, please. What about his 8-2 season in 2021. That D took your team to double OT.

Comment

I am not sure of all your other hype, but #4 is completely inaccurate. WT AC's are getting paid more money. Actually, compared to top tier DII teams, they are somewhere between middle and lower end.
                    I'd be making a lot of money in MLB if I could bat .875.

Comment

He was definitely more of a drink gintonics in Madrid or Barcelona kinda guy in my opinion.
                      Hashish is cheaper in Cambodia.

Comment

Exactly what you are doing.

Nothing factual to back up your bashing of him. If you arectalking 3 COVID games, please. What about his 8-2 season in 2021. That D took your team to double OT.
                        Plenty of facts to back it up. Pueblo's offense has been nothing but abysmal (their passing game this year has been a surprise) since 2014, forgive me for not being impressed that he lost to them but it was close. You don't seem one for participation trophies. He had one decent season at an established program in a bad conference, this is a fact. He didn't take some terrible team and turn them around, he stuck around a year and left. Good for him, I'm sure he got a nice raise and no one can blame him for that. Not impressed with what he's done though.

Comment

Hashish is cheaper in Cambodia.
                          I wonder if they have any good women's basketball over there?

Comment

Maybe. That would be the next step. It will take him 3-4 years to be a contender.

THAT I will bet on.
                            How about this guy? He had some 9 win seasons in the RMAC. I wonder what ever happened to him?

https://cmumavericks.com/sports/foot...ss-martin/2022

Comment

Plenty of facts to back it up. Pueblo's offense has been nothing but abysmal (their passing game this year has been a surprise) since 2014, forgive me for not being impressed that he lost to them but it was close. You don't seem one for participation trophies. He had one decent season at an established program in a bad conference, this is a fact. He didn't take some terrible team and turn them around, he stuck around a year and left. Good for him, I'm sure he got a nice raise and no one can blame him for that. Not impressed with what he's done though.
                              6-5 2019 before he came, 3-6 after he left.

I am 100% sure he couldn't care less whether YOU are impressed or not. LMFAO.

Let's revisit in 3-4 seasons.

Been watching this guy since he was DL coach at TAMUK. How bout you?

Come on.....you are better than this.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

How about this guy? He had some 9 win seasons in the RMAC. I wonder what ever happened to him?

https://cmumavericks.com/sports/foot...ss-martin/2022
                                I know some of you know that Martin has been the OC at WT for the last several years. Fortunately they abandoned "up the middle most plays" by midseason this year, but are still a mediocre team. If we can somehow manage to get by SFU Hughes will have another winning season! wow.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X