Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 11 Games

Normally Iron starts this thread, but being its already Thursday, figured I'd get it started.

The game that's getting me is Angelo @ MSU-Texas.

I am seeing the advantage leaning towards MSU-Texas. Why?.....

1. It is HARD for a team to go undefeated. PERIOD.
    2. Midwestern has nothing to lose and unless they are invited to the bowl game, this is their last game of the season.
    3. Midwestern playing spoiler. They will be the most fired up of any game this season.
    4. Home field advantage.
    5. Weather could be a factor.
    6. Not sure how motivated Angelo will be. They are already the LSC Champs. They are already going to the national play-offs. The only thing they are playing for, would be late round home-field advantage (if they win any play-off games) and an undefeated record.
    7. Midwestern is playing their best football. Angelo is not.

This game should be an Angelo blow-out. BUT, it won't. As stated,not even sure Angelo wins this one.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

2. Midwestern has nothing to lose and unless they are invited to the bowl game, this is their last game of the season.
      3. Midwestern playing spoiler. They will be the most fired up of any game this season.
      4. Home field advantage.
      6. Not sure how motivated Angelo will be. They are already the LSC Champs. They are already going to the national play-offs. The only thing they are playing for, would be late round home-field advantage (if they win any play-off games) and an undefeated record.

This game should be an Angelo blow-out. BUT, it won't. As stated,not even sure Angelo wins this one.
      I agree with all of these. Maskill seems to rise to the occasion except during the playoffs. He gave both of the Carthels hell, and Commerce had their only loss to him when they won the natty. Oddly the McBroom coaches have had surprising success against MSU.

I picked Angelo because they should win, but it won't be easy. MSU won the LSC title last year but Angelo went to the playoffs instead. That's some motivation for revenge, even though it was their own fault for scheduling non D2 teams.

Comment

Normally Iron starts this thread, but being its already Thursday, figured I'd get it started.

Comment

The preview for CWU's last game of the season. I met Christian Penny's dad at the NWMSU game last year. The guy is huge. I think he might have played in college/professionally as well.

https://www.yakimaherald.com/sports/...f528bbc8d.html

Comment

4. Home field advantage.

I really hope ASU hangs a 100 on them. Of all the LSC coaches I really dislike Maskill. Yes, it's personal. GO RAMS!!
            The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

4. Home field advantage.

MSU is playing well, but the one constant in the game is going to be the ASU defense. Very few teams can sustain drives on them, and if the weather isn’t so great, that plays even more into the defense’s hands.

Wouldn’t want to have a close game late with MSU, though. MSU has made it a habit of winning them.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

MSU is playing well, but the one constant in the game is going to be the ASU defense. Very few teams can sustain drives on them, and if the weather isn’t so great, that plays even more into the defense’s hands.

Wouldn’t want to have a close game late with MSU, though. MSU has made it a habit of winning them.
                MSU is playing well? They beat WOU by 5 points two weeks ago at home, come from behind and had a four turnover advantage.

ASU beat WOU on the road by three scores.

I don’t see this one being close but, ‘on any given Saturday.’
                Last edited by SPWOU; 11-11-2022, 04:02 PM.

Comment

If Midwestern State is truly “the favorite” in this game, then Angelo does not deserve the #1 seed in the regional.

And I think Angelo deserves the 1 seed. So this wreaks of sandbagging and/or laying excuses. Shame.

Comment

If Angelo was going to lose it was the Central Washington game.

Angelo got hit in the mouth then got up and put the game away in the 4th quarter.

Midwestern isn't a team you overlook especially on the road.

Only way I see ASU losing is if they have several turnovers.

Remember the only decent team Midwestern has played (Pueblo) embarrassed them at home.

Comment

These ‘long distance’ road games are rough. Not sure what other teams do, have heard some charter flights but not WOU. Busses left campus around 3am to catch flight from Portland to Seattle. Then fly from Seattle to Houston. Arrived Houston this evening, currently there getting some food, still 3.5 hrs from Kingsville.

Comment

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post
                        These ‘long distance’ road games are rough. Not sure what other teams do, have heard some charter flights but not WOU. Busses left campus around 3am to catch flight from Portland to Seattle. Then fly from Seattle to Houston. Arrived Houston this evening, currently there getting some food, still 3.5 hrs from Kingsville.
                        It's always a long way to Kingsville for every football team in the LSC. The Peccaries have to make many long trips themselves.

It's probably about the same for CWU - drive to Seattle then fly from there - or is there a better airport than SEATAC?

Comment

MSU is playing well? They beat WOU by 5 points two weeks ago at home, come from behind and had a four turnover advantage.

ASU beat WOU on the road by three scores.

I don’t see this one being close but, ‘on any given Saturday.’
                          Well, compared to how they were playing before the winning streak, MSU has been going much better. And even though they have been winning a lot like Kingsville was for a few weeks (meaning just barely), MSU does have a better offense.

Still think Angelo's beating them though.

Comment

That's an effed up way of getting there.

Why not Portland to Corpus, then 35 mile drive?????

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

It's always a long way to Kingsville for every football team in the LSC. The Peccaries have to make many long trips themselves.

It's probably about the same for CWU - drive to Seattle then fly from there - or is there a better airport than SEATAC?
                              Why not Portland????

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X