Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wrecked Again View Post

A lot of the Mines roster is from Texas!
    36 players from Texas on Mines team. Had no idea it was that many. That great QB is a Texas boy! Wow. No wonder they are so good.

This looks like it might be a home game for Mines! 707.

Comment

Mines better wake up for this game. If they play like they did yesterday it will be a long trip home. The kick/punt coverage barely qualified as such. Mankato had drives start from the Mines 11 and 33 and their own 48 after punts/kickoffs. It caused too many short fields.

Matocha wasn’t as efficient. Had two or three balls hit receivers in the hands and chest that were dropped and was just behind some wide open receivers yesterday. He probably should have seen the corner jumping the route on the interception.

They have an ugly habit of committing bad penalties against good teams. In this case it was unsportsmanlike conduct penalties early. You could hear from what they were saying on the sidelines that Mankato was in their heads. Against Angelo the first time it was pass interference (4!) and a stupid leaping penalty.

Mines got lucky to drag down a receiver at the 2 yard line before the half. Fuller doesn’t miss the subsequent FG attempt but wouldn’t be taking it anyway. He’s kicking an extra point instead.

Mankato’s O line did a really good job of stymying the Mines pass rush too which is a testament to them.

The one positive to take away is that they played that badly and still won. There’s a lot of talent on the team. All that won’t be good enough Saturday. I’m not optimistic.
      Last edited by GoneBlastin; 11-27-2022, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Hopefully, the Rams will still have last year and the game earlier this year fresh on their minds and be prepared to play their best football of the season. This should be a really good game.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
          Hopefully, the Rams will still have last year and the game earlier this year fresh on their minds and be prepared to play their best football of the season. This should be a really good game.
          That could work against the Rams , neither of those games were a fluke. Earlier this year Mines was coming off a 3 point week 1 loss to GVSU when they met the Rams and lost by 3 in overtime. Mines had a 24-17 lead going into the fourth against ASU and I imagine want to avenge that loss. Mines isn’t just lucky, they are a good team and the Rams have seen that first hand. I hope both teams play their best games. I also hope Mines gets another shot at GVSU.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post
            Mines better wake up for this game. If they play like they did yesterday it will be a long trip home. The kick/punt coverage barely qualified as such. Mankato had drives start from the Mines 11 and 33 and their own 48 after punts/kickoffs. It caused too many short fields.

Matocha wasn’t as efficient. Had two or three balls hit receivers in the hands and chest that were dropped and was just behind some wide open receivers yesterday. He probably should have seen the corner jumping the route on the interception.

They have an ugly habit of committing bad penalties against good teams. In this case it was unsportsmanlike conduct penalties early. You could hear from what they were saying on the sidelines that Mankato was in their heads. Against Angelo the first time it was pass interference (4!) and a stupid leaping penalty.

Mines got lucky to drag down a receiver at the 2 yard line before the half. Fuller doesn’t miss the subsequent FG attempt but wouldn’t be taking it anyway. He’s kicking an extra point instead.

Mankato’s O line did a really good job of stymying the Mines pass rush too which is a testament to them.

The one positive to take away is that they played that badly and still won. There’s a lot of talent on the team. All that won’t be good enough Saturday. I’m not optimistic.
            Sandbag much??

Comment

That could work against the Rams , neither of those games were a fluke. Earlier this year Mines was coming off a 3 point week 1 loss to GVSU when they met the Rams and lost by 3 in overtime. Mines had a 24-17 lead going into the fourth against ASU and I imagine want to avenge that loss. Mines isn’t just lucky, they are a good team and the Rams have seen that first hand. I hope both teams play their best games. I also hope Mines gets another shot at GVSU.
              No way the Rams beat this superior team. As you basically say, easy win for the Orediggers. And it won't even be close. Next up for the Orediggers, GVSU.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

No way the Rams beat this superior team. As you basically say, easy win for the Orediggers. And it won't even be close. Next up for the Orediggers, GVSU.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Wow! That is what you got out of my post? Interesting thought process.

Doubt it will be an easy win for either team, ASU and Mines are both in the quarterfinals for a reason. Never said Mines was superior, just stating Mines wasn’t lucky the last two times these teams played. It is going to be a hard fought game for both teams, and both teams are hungry.

Let me know if this sounds like Mines is the superior team, what am I “basically” saying now?

Comment

Wow! That is what you got out of my post? Interesting thought process.

Doubt it will be an easy win for either team, ASU and Mines are both in the quarterfinals for a reason. Never said Mines was superior, just stating Mines wasn’t lucky the last two times these teams played. It is going to be a hard fought game for both teams, and both teams are hungry.

Let me know if this sounds like Mines is the superior team, what am I “basically” saying now?
                    Mines IS superior. They have superstars on their team. Ask IronOre who I selected to win in pick'ems.

Angelo is a scrappy TEAM that is well coached. They dont have superstars. If they happen to find a way to beat the mighty Orediggers, It will be through true team play.

IMO, this IS the NC match-up. And YES, both teams are hungry.

Comment

Live south of I-10 Houston, in-laws live in Monterrey NL, smokin’ brisket next weekend! We’ll see how the game goes went to overtime early this year! If I happen to make it up that way, where is the best BBQ?
                      RJ BBQ is the best place in town. But to be honest, not a ton of great BBQ joints in town. Come by the tailgate, find the RV and big smoker, we will get you hooked up!

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post

Did you leave any sand at the beach or did you put it all in the bags? :)

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post

Did you leave any sand at the beach or did you put it all in the bags? :)
                          Mines looked very out of sorts against Mankato, if they play like that again they'll get blown out.

Comment

I hear the Angelo S&C coach comes from a pretty good place. Good luck Angelo!

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Mines looked very out of sorts against Mankato, if they play like that again they'll get blown out.
                              Yeah. Not sandbagging. That's all I was pointing out. They've done that a few times this year and it just feels like the bill could come due. If Mines looks right this weekend I think they'll win.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                                I hear the Angelo S&C coach comes from a pretty good place. Good luck Angelo!
                                Haha. Yeah, Borland was a good addition.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X