Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
    Here are the final results. Surprising no one, buffalo/islander alum wins! But only by 5 points over cwfenn. Guess it's good that our fearless columnist has some ability in picking games.
    378 buffalo/islander alum
    373 cwfenn
    366 Wildcat94
    365 Goods
    361 texcap
    358 lscfan77
    355 Packfootball
    351 JavsFan
    350 WT_TKW
    348 Runnin' Cat
    345 Roaming Buff
    341 QB11111
    189 89HOG
    189 BuffaloChip
    18 ASUPops
    18 Cowboys23
    18 RamFam61
    17 Buff Fan 05
    17 landonn1066
    17 twolfbenchwarmer
    13 angelofan
    12 ASUfam&fan
    11 Ironlinks
    10 deez
    10 Great White Buffalo
    10 tsull
    9 BulldogLB24
    8 d2_football_fan
    Thanks IronOre for taking this on all year. This was a great time.

Look forward to doing it next year.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post

I'd love it if they did the playoffs a little differently. I know we break it down by region, but I'd love to see the brackets set up by a final ranking. I agree about Mines possibly not looking like the #2 team, but Ferris had a lot to do with that. Just going by scores, I'd say the 2nd best team was probably Grand Valley or Pitt.
      Yeah they need to do it like FCS does by a final ranking.

The top 4 teams in the country were probably in SR3.

That would probably end all semi final hopes and dreams for SR1 and SR4 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by '89HOG View Post

I'd love it if they did the playoffs a little differently. I know we break it down by region, but I'd love to see the brackets set up by a final ranking. I agree about Mines possibly not looking like the #2 team, but Ferris had a lot to do with that. Just going by scores, I'd say the 2nd best team was probably Grand Valley or Pitt.
        In sports where teams convene for the Elite 8, regional seeding is out and power seeding is in. Why not the same for FB? Is travel a consideration?

Comment

No one picked a rout. 13 points was the biggest difference.

Buffalo/islander alum: 20-24 Ferris
          BuffaloChip: 35-31 Mines
          cwfenn: 31-37 Ferris
          Goods: 32-45 Ferris
          JavsFan: 35-31 Mines
          lscfan77: 21-24 Ferris
          Packfootball: 41-38 Mines
          QB11111: 38-35 Mines
          Roaming Buff: 31-28 Mines
          Runnin' Cat: 27-25 Mines
          Texcap: 31-28 Mines
          Wildcat94: 38-41 Ferris
          WT_TKW: 35-44 Ferris
          Thanks for posting and for doing the picks all year. Did I miss the outcome of the D2 Bowl picks?

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Thanks for posting and for doing the picks all year. Did I miss the outcome of the D2 Bowl picks?
            Yeah, it's posted in the Bowl thread.

Comment

IronOre I appreciate all your time and effort. Sorry I had to quit playing. The clinic gets NUTS this time of year. 108 calls today, so far, all for COVID or Flu. People just don't get it!! STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES. Gonna be h3ll for us from now until February. UGH.

But thanks again for your efforts!!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Looks like Goods had the largest margin of victory for Ferris. 👍🏼
                it's something I'm proud to exclaim that no one outside of this board puts any merit on. Probably no one on this board gives a crap about my confidence either!

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

it's something I'm proud to exclaim that no one outside of this board puts any merit on. Probably no one on this board gives a crap about my confidence either!
                  I knew Mines wasn't going to do squat offensively against the Ferris D-line.

I thought Mines would load the box and force Ferris to pass more so that is why I picked a lower score for Ferris.

When Ferris went up 27-0 at half I thought my pick was toast.

Comment

Thanks as always for doing this IronOre! Always appreciate the commentary as well!

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Would you consider posting the guestimates for the scoring for the final game. I would just like to see how people were thinking.
                      I think I had Ferris 37-31…I was a wee bit off.

(oh wait, I see the list now!)
                      Last edited by cwfenn; 12-20-2022, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Congrats Buffalo/Islander Alum on winning and thanks to IronOre for setting this up every week.

Comment

Here are the final results. Surprising no one, buffalo/islander alum wins! But only by 5 points over cwfenn. Guess it's good that our fearless columnist has some ability in picking games.
                          Well, it’s probably good for the sake of the LSC column that I can have some success picking games that aren’t in the Northeast 10!

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Well, it’s probably good for the sake of the LSC column that I can have some success picking games that aren’t in the Northeast 10!
                            It means you aren't talking out of... well... you know.

On a separate note, I'd watch Gameday on ESPN every now and then and they'd show the records for the people they have picking. For most of them, flipping a coin would probably be better.

Comment

Hey Buffalo/Islander Alum......DM me with your address so I can send you your championship picks gift card.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                                Hey Buffalo/Islander Alum......DM me with your address so I can send you your championship picks gift card.
                                Sent. Just dont share it with:

ASUPops
                                HOGSVRR
                                LSC Fan

They will want to find me for different reasons. Haha.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X